FBS Championship Game Thread

around4ever

Interesting how a 4th and 25 conversion allowed bama to be there. The committee would have probably let them in anyways.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the way their fans act and they still keep wining. Hmmmmm..karma folks..its coming. I'm an Auburn Fan. I cheer for them. I could care less about anyone else

I keep telling myself it's coming too, but I guess it's still a ways off ...

Look for Emmerts exit, until then...no sense even paying attention. Bama will not be investigated. Maybe one day, but I'm not holding my breath. Luckily there are many more important things than a game of football played by a bunch of players most of us have never met. Back to real life and then on to next season. It's still GTBAAT

Investigated for what? Having a coach that has a plan, revolves his entire life around it. Hires everything from personal trainers and nutritionist to head shrinks. Lets no one talk and has complete control all game. The guy is a freak, he is going to win, no need to cheat when winning, they will come to play 2-3 deep for him because they win and get some of the best training in the nation if not the best. I am going to say that you will see another program we hate excel soon. I think Georgia is about to kick some serious butt.

We ain't IN either one of those turds league, period. Sucks considering where we were 5 years ago tonite. Again no established QB and new coaches every where you look so good chance this years not much better.

So...when do y'all think we beat them next? I hope Kick Six doesn't truly become a Punt Bama Punt clone, if you catch my drift. How long will it take for us to be good again?!

Smart is going to mimic that plan to the tee.. He has already announced no coaches will talk to the media. He has went after the best for the job. He is a defensive guru trained under one of the best. However his down fall may be his own lack of control over himself. Saban has no issues with that because he himself sits with the shrink and gets his own coaching from people he thinks can teach him life skills. He truly has a process. I love Auburn but the guy is a freak of a coach.

After the way their fans act and they still keep wining. Hmmmmm..karma folks..its coming. I'm an Auburn Fan. I cheer for them. I could care less about anyone else

I keep telling myself it's coming too, but I guess it's still a ways off ...

Look for Emmerts exit, until then...no sense even paying attention. Bama will not be investigated. Maybe one day, but I'm not holding my breath. Luckily there are many more important things than a game of football played by a bunch of players most of us have never met. Back to real life and then on to next season. It's still GTBAAT

Investigated for what? Having a coach that has a plan, revolves his entire life around it. Hires everything from personal trainers and nutritionist to head shrinks. Lets no one talk and has complete control all game. The guy is a freak, he is going to win, no need to cheat when winning, they will come to play 2-3 deep for him because they win and get some of the best training in the nation if not the best. I am going to say that you will see another program we hate excel soon. I think Georgia is about to kick some serious butt.

Hard to argue either possibility...Allen or FE. He's definitely tasted a lot of earthly success. :-) #temporalthings

To say the ACC sucks, or Clemson's D doesn't deserve their ranking is disingenuous at best. We held them to 29 because that is all they needed. We were never a threat to win the game. Any one who watched this Game tonight should see at Clemson's def line is head and shoulders better than ours.They pretty much dominated Bama's O line, and should have won the game,if not for giving the game away on special teams.

So...when do y'all think we beat them next? I hope Kick Six doesn't truly become a Punt Bama Punt clone, if you catch my drift. How long will it take for us to be good again?!

We may beat them next year. But I think that is the problem.... Auburn seems satisfied beating Alabama or Georgia. Instead we should play to beat ourselves every game. We shouldn't play the other team but play ourselves. That is another key to his success. He plays to improve on the last game, they buy in to that. They may lose one but they take it with a grain of salt and strive to play better. All this talk about Assistants leaving. Saban has replaced many and doesn't seem to miss a beat. Again its the process, we are lacking that. We need to start with strength and conditioning.

I really hate that Clemson lost, if only because we are going to get a very talented, very pissed off and very determined team to start the 2016 season.

Once again, I'm amazed at what Nick Saban has accomplished. Truly remarkable.

I really hate that Clemson lost, if only because we are going to get a very talented, very pissed off and very determined team to start the 2016 season.

He is my generation's Bear Bryant.

Absolutely amazing!

Saying a QB costed us is hurting the team as well, I am sorry but look at Coker. You guys remember him... haha possibly was one of the worst in the league and struggling. But he matured quickly this season and just lead a team to a championship. He was coached up, they coached to his abilities and improved on what he needed to throughout the year. We are lacking with Rhett and until everyone including Gus admits that we are going to struggle. I just don't think he is ready for the position he carries and I am positive he is not a QB coach. I am sure that will draw criticism from the mods but its the truth, our QB's have not shown improvement.

Saying a QB costed us is hurting the team as well, I am sorry but look at Coker. You guys remember him... haha possibly was one of the worst in the league and struggling. But he matured quickly this season and just lead a team to a championship. He was coached up, they coached to his abilities and improved on what he needed to throughout the year. We are lacking with Rhett and until everyone including Gus admits that we are going to struggle. I just don't think he is ready for the position he carries and I am positive he is not a QB coach. I am sure that will draw criticism from the mods but its the truth, our QB's have not shown improvement.

Coker is full of heart and he's smart with the football too, but give Kiffin his credit. He can call a good game and mold a QB for his system.

I do think with the new offensive line coach that was more to provide another Offensive mind to get Gus back on track. This guy knows Gus' HUNH Offense, he knows the blocking scheme for it and can act as a Co-Offensive Coordinator to assist in game time calling. I think we will see either him in the booth calling plays or on the sideline with Rhett in the booth. I think this was too convenient to think he found a coach over 2 days. I think it was more planned out than it appeared. I think Gus tried to get Rhett another Job but didn't succeed because of the person he is he will not fire Rhett. So this was the other option. I could be wrong but that just looked way too easy.

I think the real tragedy of this night is the number of inbred, celebration babies that will be sired.

We may beat them next year. But I think that is the problem.... Auburn seems satisfied beating Alabama or Georgia. Instead we should play to beat ourselves every game. We shouldn't play the other team but play ourselves. That is another key to his success. He plays to improve on the last game, they buy in to that. They may lose one but they take it with a grain of salt and strive to play better. All this talk about Assistants leaving. Saban has replaced many and doesn't seem to miss a beat. Again its the process, we are lacking that. We need to start with strength and conditioning.

Wise, insightful comments, but I'll also be happy to stomp the 2016 NChampions next fall as well.

Although Bama won the game, Bama fans who bet on their team lost their money. And although Clemson lost the game, Clemson fans won a return on their wager.

Last odds I saw had Bama as a 7 point favorite. Bama didn't cover.

The guy I want to see gone is Kiffen. Took a mediocre cast-off QB and won a championship...picked a pretty good Clemson defense apart....beat them the the same basic TE play 4 times....a tremendous deception and Coker was on the money.

With so many NFL reams needing / wanting an OC I think he will be gone in a couple weeks. He coaches an NFL style offense and there will be no concerns or doubts about his offense fitting into the NFL.

As for Clemson....special teams was awful.....expect a change there but a very young team and most of the key guys are back. Gonna be a tough way for AU to open the season....and all the QB issues better be fully resolved before that game starts. Nice that it is in Auburn.

Seems I've heard the "bama's so far ahead will we ever win again?" refrain before Like after the 09 and 12 seasons. I'm not in denial but we are never as far behind as people think. What bama has done is remarkable but remember they have been beaten during this time and despite their great success we have two SEC titles, a natty and a near natty in the same time frame. One thing I know about Auburn is new heroes always emerge and it's usually when we least expect it.

Archived