Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

oh my I got story's about KC was in south Fl when they got to together

As a kid I knew a couple of his songs but never seen them. I was 22. Went to bar in PCBeach they were playing Lavela or Spinakers. First time I realized he was white. 

1 hour ago, sandyclawedtiger said:

Oh my! Haven't heard them before. 

I just freaking can’t get enough. Their sound kicks ace. Here’s another, in case you haven’t searched them out yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A little info Dirty Water back in the 60's was consider risque believe it or not. This was played so much at my frat think "Animal House" Song was written by Ed Cobb who also wrote Tainted Love I think most will recognize Soft Cell version but Gloria's ain't bad

16 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

A little info Dirty Water back in the 60's was consider risque believe it or not. This was played so much at my frat think "Animal House" Song was written by Ed Cobb who also wrote Tainted Love I think most will recognize Soft Cell version but Gloria's ain't bad

DUDE. Had no idea that Soft Cell's wasn't the original. I like the original original better. I also like Marilyn Manson's version. Maybe it's the video, of which the thumbnail below is highly representative. 

Did some research on Dirty Water. Very interesting. An eff you to Boston that Bostonians claim as a love letter. Kinda like Born in the USA.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

DUDE. Had no idea that Soft Cell's wasn't the original. I like the original original better. I also like Marilyn Manson's version. Maybe it's the video, of which the thumbnail below is highly representative. 

Did some research on Dirty Water. Very interesting. An eff you to Boston that Bostonians claim as a love letter. Kinda like Born in the USA.

Yeah they play it at every Red Sux's, Bruins and Celtic games sorta weird to me plus I forgot MM version which is good as well

takes me back to the day. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Wow, back when Fuse actually played music videos and weren't BET 2.0

I miss the old Fuse.......

Haven't seen Leon Bridges so siap. Found him flipping channels on Austin City Limit. Going to see him in Mobile in April with 2 nice married ladies. Their husbands refuse to go. Told them that's why I'm going. Theatre full(single) ladies. My man crush actually. Brittni his back up singer is beautiful as well. 

Edited by sandyclawedtiger
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/6/2018 at 12:37 AM, sandyclawedtiger said:

Haven't seen Leon Bridges so siap. Found him flipping channels on Austin City Limit. Going to see him in Mobile in April with 2 nice married ladies. Their husbands refuse to go. Told them that's why I'm going. Theatre full(single) ladies. My man crush actually. Brittni his back up singer is beautiful as well. 

You are both smarter and more tasteful than their husbands. Enjoy. Damned fine artist. 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2018 at 9:47 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

I just freaking can’t get enough. Their sound kicks ace. Here’s another, in case you haven’t searched them out yet.

Niiice, this must be a new song? Been playing their last album all summer long. 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2018 at 10:32 AM, Barnacle said:

Niiice, this must be a new song? Been playing their last album all summer long. 

On 10/8/2018 at 2:21 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

I think it is. I have a bit of catching up to do on these guys....

Coming to a Fox Theater in Atlanta near you soon.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/10/greta-van-fleet-2019-world-tour-dates/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Coming to a Fox Theater in Atlanta near you soon.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/10/greta-van-fleet-2019-world-tour-dates/

I know this may sound weird, but I'm a little wishy-washy on seeing them live. It would be an interesting crowd. They came and played a hole in the wall here in Huntsville like a year ago. I didn't know about them at that point. The attorney I work for actually saw them, and has some pretty good videos from it. Wish I could have made it. 

I love their studio sound though. Maybe I'm afraid I'll be disappointed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I know this may sound weird, but I'm a little wishy-washy on seeing them live. It would be an interesting crowd. They came and played a hole in the wall here in Huntsville like a year ago. I didn't know about them at that point. The attorney I work for actually saw them, and has some pretty good videos from it. Wish I could have made it. 

Wise man. I mean, I have no idea if you're right about this band, but it's so true that some acts just don't translate to the live experience. Live was one of those bands for me. I was mostly ambivalent on them. "I Alone" was bad ass but otherwise, sure, okay, cool. But then I saw them... live... and quickly became their biggest non-fan in th, about whom I was similarly ambivalent but who I gained much more appreciation for.

Side note: Remember that band Jet? The "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" band? They put on a kiiiiiiiiiiiller show back in the day. I was so shocked. 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Wise man. I mean, I have no idea if you're right about this band, but it's so true that some acts just don't translate to the live experience. Live was one of those bands for me. I was mostly ambivalent on them. "I Alone" was bad ass but otherwise, sure, okay, cool. But then I saw them... live... and quickly became their biggest non-fan in th, about whom I was similarly ambivalent but who I gained much more appreciation for.

Side note: Remember that band Jet? The "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" band? They put on a kiiiiiiiiiiiller show back in the day. I was so shocked. 

Love it when you get surprised like that.

One that really, really surprised me (in a bad way) was Blues Traveler. I saw them around 2003 - it was post tummy tuck for Popper, and they just weren't nearly as good as I hoped they would be live. Granted, they may have had an off night. 

16 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Saw this the other day and thought the same thing. The first time I watched it, I was prettt impressed. After another viewing or two, my impression was a little bit subdued, but I still think I would go see them. Although, the lead singer seems to need to work on his stage presence a bit maybe?  

Just now, Barnacle said:

Love it when you get surprised like that.

One that really, really surprised me (in a bad way) was Blues Traveler. I saw them around 2003 - it was post tummy tuck for Popper, and they just weren't nearly as good as I hoped they would be live. Granted, they may have had an off night. 

Very interesting. They very well may not have been working as hard by then and people still bought records in 2003. I'd be really curious to see them now. They put on a hell of a show in the mid-to-late 90s. 

• Like 1