Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Okay, putting in a request: Beach/pool/river tunes, please.

Trying to get outside the box a little bit. Not Bob Marley, or Jimmy Buffett, or Dave Matthews, or any of the usual suspects. We can't get a meal at a decent restaurant without hearing that stuff down here. Could be worse, don't get me wrong, but I need to start using the beach to enjoy some new/different/forgotten stuff. 

TIA

I suspect this one is too usual?

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

I suspect this one is too usual?

Not at all! On the list. Also some Neil Young from Harvest. And some John Hartford, Leon Russell, DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince, De La Soul, Aretha Franklin, Drive By Truckers, David Bowie, Michael Jackson, Gillian Welch,  lots of Latin jazz, Jerry Douglass, Jerry Garcia Band, Widespread Panic, Phish, Temptations, Beck, Cyndi Lauper, Toto, Miguel, Janelle Monae, Outkast, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Herb Alpert, Willie Nelson, Jane's Addiction...

...so there is some basic beach ish on there. Gotta come back to home base from time to time. And it might not be... focused. But I am trying to get a fairly comprehensive jukebox to take with us wherever we go. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is it just me, or

is there a relative paucity of nip-sign in this thread, too?

On 7/26/2018 at 10:12 AM, AUld fAUx@ said:

Edited by AUld fAUx@
  • Like 3

On 8/8/2018 at 8:48 AM, McLoofus said:

Okay, putting in a request: Beach/pool/river tunes, please.

Trying to get outside the box a little bit. Not Bob Marley, or Jimmy Buffett, or Dave Matthews, or any of the usual suspects. We can't get a meal at a decent restaurant without hearing that stuff down here. Could be worse, don't get me wrong, but I need to start using the beach to enjoy some new/different/forgotten stuff. 

TIA

Still not sure I'm quite seeing your vision for the playlist/collection.

Does this (new, to me anyway, and OK) cover belong? or does it serve as a reminder of an older, potential qualifier?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Still not sure I'm quite seeing your vision for the playlist/collection.

Does this (new, to me anyway, and OK) cover belong? or does it serve as a reminder of an older, potential qualifier?

Going on the list!

As for vision... allow me to borrow from Justice Stewart: "I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I understand to be embraced within that shorthand description; and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I (hear) it..."

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Going on the list!

As for vision... allow me to borrow from Justice Stewart: "I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I understand to be embraced within that shorthand description; and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I (hear) it..."

eminently understandable

18 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

eminently understandable

Just trying to get myself lost a bit. If I look for something specific, I'll probably just end up on roads I've been on before.

Now, "Girl From Ipanema" might qualify as familiar to many, but certain things are perfect and should be enjoyed accordingly. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Just trying to get myself lost a bit. If I look for something specific, I'll probably just end up on roads I've been on before.

Now, "Girl From Ipanema" might qualify as familiar to many, but certain things are perfect and should be enjoyed accordingly. 

and I thought (his eminence?) Justice Stewart, nailed that. I think I see it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

This is exactly why I love this thread. I have found so much “new” music here. 

You guys rock.

5431A907-3551-44F0-B48A-0D2C6C688191.gif

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

This is exactly why I love this thread. I have found so much “new” music here. 

You guys rock.

5431A907-3551-44F0-B48A-0D2C6C688191.gif

TENACIOUS D!!!

Please tell me you've seen them. If you haven't, change that the first chance you get. 

I only saw them once, at Sloss in Birmingham years ago. They got to the part where the artist banters about whatever town they're in, and started talking football. They slowly worked the crowd up until KG said "Roll Tide" and half the crowd went nuts. Then Jack Black said, "Naw, **** that. WAR F**KIN' EAGLE!!!" As silly as it all was, I seriously felt like we won a mini Iron Bowl that night. 

• Love 1

On 8/8/2018 at 11:31 AM, McLoofus said:

Not at all! On the list. Also some Neil Young from Harvest. And some John Hartford, Leon Russell, DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince, De La Soul, Aretha Franklin, Drive By Truckers, David Bowie, Michael Jackson, Gillian Welch,  lots of Latin jazz, Jerry Douglass, Jerry Garcia Band, Widespread Panic, Phish, Temptations, Beck, Cyndi Lauper, Toto, Miguel, Janelle Monae, Outkast, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Herb Alpert, Willie Nelson, Jane's Addiction...

...so there is some basic beach ish on there. Gotta come back to home base from time to time. And it might not be... focused. But I am trying to get a fairly comprehensive jukebox to take with us wherever we go. 

Thanks for the memory jog.

Always admired the sheer artistry of this album cover (which we, alas, lost in the Flood of '14)

• Like 2

49 years ago today Woodstock happened..............................................man on man what a time to live in. And no I did not go wish I had. My soon to be hippie girlfriend from Miami did although I did not know her at the moment. I know I've posted most of these song but in honor of the day.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

49 years ago today Woodstock happened..............................................man on man what a time to live in. And no I did not go wish I had. My soon to be hippie girlfriend from Miami did although I did not know her at the moment. I know I've posted most of these song but in honor of the day.

Thanks, Ditto, and Ditto.

Happiness, Health, and

Peace, old man.

Edited by AUld fAUx@
  • Like 2

For any Prime subscribers. Put it on shuffle since many of the artists and like styles are lumped together. Just under 26 hours of music. Let's just say I lack decisiveness and focus sometimes. And I'm a people pleaser. Speaking of, please don't judge. I have a wife and a 3 yr old daughter to cater to with this.  And a lot of it ended up being very basic, common beach fodder after all. But I guess that music got that way for a reason.

Thank you all for your suggestions. 

https://music.amazon.com/user-playlists/8a041d86b570459d8a1b87d49b2e6681sune?ref=dm_sh_4a42-d672-dmcp-bb2e-0f719&musicTerritory=US&marketplaceId=ATVPDKIKX0DER

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1