Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

16 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Dangit Loofus, how would the rest of the office feel if I'm in here jamming out to some crunchy tunes, and they can't listen too?

Insufficiently crunchy, I'd hafta imagine. 

Yes, I see your point. 

Warren was a strange /funny guy but I loved his music.......also An American Werewolf in London movie is highly underrated classic dark comedy film imo....highly recommend it. RIP Warren

On October 30, 2002, after Zevon's terminal mesothelioma diagnosis, he was featured on The Late Show with David Letterman as the only guest for the entire hour. The band played "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead" as his introduction. Zevon performed several songs and spoke at length about his illness. Zevon was a frequent guest and occasional substitute bandleader on Letterman's television shows since Late Night first aired in 1982. He noted, "I may have made a tactical error in not going to a physician for 20 years". It was during this broadcast that Zevon first offered his oft-quoted insight on facing death: "Enjoy every sandwich". He also took time to thank Letterman for his years of support, calling him "the best friend my music's ever had". For his final song of the evening, and his final public performance, Zevon performed "Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner" at Letterman's request. In the green room after the show, Zevon presented Letterman with the guitar that he always used on the show, with a single request: "Here, I want you to have this, take good care of it". Part 1: Truth interview between two friends! 

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Out of reactions but *love*. I think @Tiger Refuge is, too.

Awesome 

Not the biggest Elton fan but I do love Yellow Brick Road album some really great song writing plus the non-hippie girls at Auburn loved Elton saw him in concert at Auburn. Yes Sir Elton came to Auburn for a concert. Damn coliseum was sold out

On 8/31/2018 at 8:38 PM, augolf1716 said:

Warren was a strange /funny guy but I loved his music.......also An American Werewolf in London movie is highly underrated classic dark comedy film imo....highly recommend it. RIP Warren

On October 30, 2002, after Zevon's terminal mesothelioma diagnosis, he was featured on The Late Show with David Letterman as the only guest for the entire hour. The band played "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead" as his introduction. Zevon performed several songs and spoke at length about his illness. Zevon was a frequent guest and occasional substitute bandleader on Letterman's television shows since Late Night first aired in 1982. He noted, "I may have made a tactical error in not going to a physician for 20 years". It was during this broadcast that Zevon first offered his oft-quoted insight on facing death: "Enjoy every sandwich". He also took time to thank Letterman for his years of support, calling him "the best friend my music's ever had". For his final song of the evening, and his final public performance, Zevon performed "Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner" at Letterman's request. In the green room after the show, Zevon presented Letterman with the guitar that he always used on the show, with a single request: "Here, I want you to have this, take good care of it". Part 1: Truth interview between two friends! 

Excitable Boy will always be that one song where I decided to listen intently on the lyrics and completely change my view of the song. 

• Like 1

Wife suggested I listen to this song. Never heard of her but I think I need to sleep with one eye open...................you'd have to know my wife she one of them Hatfields from West Virg. don't mess with her.

14 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Wife suggested I listen to this song. Never heard of her but I think I need to sleep with one eye open...................you'd have to know my wife she one of them Hatfields from West Virg. don't mess with her.

Stripes, awesome movie

• Like 2