Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

On 8/21/2018 at 3:21 PM, augolf1716 said:

Something a little different from Steppenwolf

If I'd heard that, I didn't remember it.

Many, many thanks.

Have I linked this? I can’t get the “20-20-20 visions” line out of my mind. 

Gotta love Tyler’s style, very Wes Anderson-esque. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

I love DRAM. Dude is so legit, songs are fun. He broke this on the r/hhh subreddit and did an impromptu AMA. I’ve linked his Tiny Desk performance a handful of times.

Just gonna head this off at the pass:@AUld fAUx@: “r/hhh”=hiphopheads subreddit, hip hop forum. “AMA”=‘ask me anything’. ?

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Thanks 1

On 7/30/2018 at 7:47 PM, augolf1716 said:

God I loved hippies girls

Damn!

Finally got my broadband back up and what's the 1st thing I see?

RIP Ed King.

Too young.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I love DRAM. Dude is so legit, songs are fun. He broke this on the r/hhh subreddit and did an impromptu AMA. I’ve linked his Tiny Desk performance a handful of times.

Just gonna head this off at the pass:@AUld fAUx@: “r/hhh”=hiphopheads subreddit, hip hop forum. “AMA”=‘ask me anything’. ?

'course, suspect I've dropped some rather obscure (to many),older references, on occasion

Pretty good music, as well

Many Thanks

RIP Ed King.  An actual video, although a terrible one, of Ed King and The Strawberry Alarm Clock performing "Incense and Peppermints"  Ed was the original creator of the song as an instrumental but the band wanted to add lyrics.  Strange as the lyrics are it was a huge hit for them.  Of course, Ed's biggest hit was when he was with Lynyrd Skynyrd, a little song called "Sweet Home Alabama".  I will not post that song here. 

• Like 1

How many of you ever saw Zig and The Zigtones at the War Eagle Supper Club or at any of the music venues around the southeast?  

The founder, Ziggy Luis the lead guitarist and vocalist passed away today.  He was a good friend of a friend of mine. We hung together a little back in the day.  RIP Ziggy!!!  Prayers for Lee and the family.  

Here he is at The Supper Club.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, around4ever said:

How many of you ever saw Zig and The Zigtones at the War Eagle Supper Club or at any of the music venues around the southeast?  

The founder, Ziggy Luis the lead guitarist and vocalist passed away today.  He was a good friend of a friend of mine. We hung together a little back in the day.  RIP Ziggy!!!  Prayers for Lee and the family.  

Here he is at The Supper Club.

Saw them a couple of times

I so LOVE this version of ALICE IN CHAINS with William Duvall in the band.    Title track here to their new album that dropped last Friday.... RAINIER FOG... WOW.  What a track.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

So, I don't have speakers on my computer at work (yet). Sigh. 

Well hell go buy some cheap ones :poke:......................assume your not allow just guessing

Totally different but I just saw this song on you tube but back in the early 80's I would have to go into the McKesson Distribution Center to open at 3 in the morning in West Palm Beach and our computer operator would be playing this song every morning at 3 AM. 

10 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Big fan of Mark Knopfler doesn't get enough credit sometimes

He's become one of my favorite guitar players as I've gotten older and learned to appreciate tone and other things other than just "shredding". Dude is an absolute wizard with a really unique sound all his own. Damned good songwriter, too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Your earbuds from your phone??

Dangit Loofus, how would the rest of the office feel if I'm in here jamming out to some crunchy tunes, and they can't listen too?

• Haha 1