Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

5 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

My upcoming shows are coming in nicely: 

Spafford in Oxford later this month. 

Mike Gordon in Nashville in March.

DMB(+whoever is playing that night) at Beale Street Music Fest in May. 

Umphrey’s McGee 3 night run at Red Rocks in June. 

Phish 3 night run at Alpine Valley in July. 

Damn! Nice! You know how to pick your venues. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I have deep admiration for traditional jazz musicians. And admittedly, I’m not familiar with Chick Corea, but recognize the name. 

Needless to say, this is prettty goood. 

Beautiful work.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 1:17 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

I have deep admiration for traditional jazz musicians. And admittedly, I’m not familiar with Chick Corea, but recognize the name. 

I'm here for more jazz in this forum. 

I did one of those CD clubs years ago. Loaded up on Davis, Coltrane, Monk, Mingus, Ellington, Armstrong, etc. Got a good foundation of classical music, too. Still glad I did. 

Oh, and Kind of Blue represents jazz on my desert island album list. A few other slots rotate but that one's locked in. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 1:17 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Oh hell yeah................use to be a little jazz place in Ft. Lauderdale next to Peaches Record store of all places. We're talking around 1979/80 I frequent a lot. Very small venue but guys would just show up unannounced and play Chick was one of them as well as Leon Redbone and others. 

Chick is 77 years old and he will be playing at the Maxwell C. King Center in Melbourne, Fl on May 16th. If your near the area you need to see him

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS733US733&q=chick+corea+tickets,+maxwell+c.+king+center+for+the+performing+arts,+may+16&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAE2NSw6CMBRFRybExMQ4dPTi0BgrPxG24CIMPF6hQGnTFsXtuFIrI2dncM-5QbBbM8kuXHf1o9n_8WHDGhaGbYx5Nd-6I_RYMDlZgaw0TlhXTBqVFGMD9KTR2Wob5RzTOuFVFvMoS-mzumMrsAdUhkpwHsnZE8hyftEwAJ6h__nodTLAlQHXEmgyHpeyf1r2bwivX5Rf5VWrAAAA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj92uDKvsbgAhXpmOAKHRwrDHUQri4wJXoECAwQBA&biw=1600&bih=789

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Great pick of a song not heard often...............damn I love Steely

I’ve seen the Dan 4 times that I can recall. All in small venues—Chastain Park, Mud Island, and my favorite venue they played the Woods at Fontanel. Have not seen them since Becker died, however. They’re doing a 9 night residency in Vegas this year too. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’ve seen the Dan 4 times that I can recall. All in small venues—Chastain Park, Mud Island, and my favorite venue they played the Woods at Fontanel. Have not seen them since Becker died, however. They’re doing a 9 night residency in Vegas this year too. 

Only got to see them 2 times but this was back in the mid 70's.............when we lived in Atl we had season tickets at Chastain ok place to see a concert but not a big fan of some of the people that showed up for the concerts plus most of the people who lived around the Park hated the concerts

• Like 1

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

ok place to see a concert but not a big fan of some of the people that showed up for the concerts plus most of the people who lived around the Park hated the concerts

Ain't that the truth. All of it.

Saw a couple shows there. Pro tip: If you go to a Grace Potter show, get your seats way way over to the left. 

Image result for grace potter chastain park

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2019 at 7:23 AM, McLoofus said:

Ain't that the truth. All of it.

Saw a couple shows there. Pro tip: If you go to a Grace Potter show, get your seats way way over to the left. 

Image result for grace potter chastain park

Caught some of her set at Jazz Fest 2016 and was smitten. She then later came out to play Gold Dust Woman with Gov’t Mule. She, how @augolf1716 might say, has some gams. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Caught some of her set at Jazz Fest 2016 and was smitten. She then later came out to play Gold Dust Woman with Gov’t Mule. She, how @augolf1716 might say, has some gams. 

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed her show. The scenery was great but she's a fo-real-do rock star. 

• Like 1

Can't believe I never posted anything by this guy. IMO has one of the best voices in all of Rock. Have listen to him since he was in "Free". Actually like the sole/life version better

Thank god he got that tooth fixed

On 2/10/2019 at 7:28 PM, augolf1716 said:

No disrespect to all my old hippies girlfriends but I lied when I told you Billy Jack was cool. Actually I really really  disliked Billy Jack  especially his movies

Music/movies aside, his temple kick was epic. Practiced daily at dojo's across America and beyond. #quickvictory

Edited by AUFAN78
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2019 at 8:33 AM, McLoofus said:

Not sure if you guys watched the Grammys. I didn't, but I always read/watch about the big awards shows the next day. Sounds like the ladies owned the night, and Brandi Carlisle in particular had herself a moment. Like, holy sh**, she had a moment. I've been aware of her for awhile and have enjoyed a couple tunes, but I haven't given her due attention/respect. My bad, yo. Not sure she hits every note here but it doesn't entirely matter IMO. 

PS- Her video for this song is powerful.

I have been somewhat aware of her but honestly never paid any attention. The last few days I have listened to several songs and DAMN. She can just just make you cry. Over a decade worth of pure gold  

• Love 1