Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

On 4/13/2019 at 11:02 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

It starts out so dissonant, and then forms up quite nicely. Total shred. Zappa is like rye whiskey. A bit rough on the initial listens, but grows on you. 

Fantastic description of Zappa. So weird. Such genius. 

28 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Whoa! That's a big get. And a somewhat brave one, given his outspoken political stance these days. Proud of both parties for making it happen. 

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Whoa! That's a big get. And a somewhat brave one, given his outspoken political stance these days. Proud of both parties for making it happen. 

I thought so too. I braved myself when I clicked the “show comments” on the FB announcement expecting a lot of political whining. But it was clean, just people tagging friends.

I have a friend, who’s about as old school as you can get in regard to his entertainment choices even though he’s like 30–he’s the oldest young person I know. Big on old traditional country—Hank Sr, Haggard, Cash, etc. Hates Isbell for his political views. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I thought so too. I braved myself when I clicked the “show comments” on the FB announcement expecting a lot of political whining. But it was clean, just people tagging friends.

I have a friend, who’s about as old school as you can get in regard to his entertainment choices even though he’s like 30–he’s the oldest young person I know. Big on old traditional country—Hank Sr, Haggard, Cash, etc. Hates Isbell for his political views. 

I hate Aaron Lewis’ politics. But I love his music and might see him soon. I think it would be self punishment to allow yourself to fall in that trap. 

41 minutes ago, alexava said:

I hate Aaron Lewis’ politics. But I love his music and might see him soon. I think it would be self punishment to allow yourself to fall in that trap. 

Lewis hasn’t had a good run lately. 

4 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Lewis hasn’t had a good run lately. 

He’s a s*** stick. I like his music though.  I honestly don’t know what the hell is wrong with people who pay to see a show and won’t shut up and listen. Not sure how you are supposed to deal with that as a performer though. Eric Clapton had a similar incident 25 or so years ago. He left the stage too. 

Edited by alexava