Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

22 hours ago, aubearcat said:

These dudes did a remake album. Not sure if any have been posted other than Africa but...

Popcorn song..............long story.......on a side note Real Genius is one good movie

• Like 2

Man you younger guys/gals have no idea or maybe were lucky at times at what you missed with MTV 1981 I remember the first video...........

trivia what was the second video.................no google please Hint: it was a female with short hair that I would have loved to party with....................

https://www.businessinsider.com/video-killed-the-radio-star-34th-anniversary-of-music-video-on-mtv-2015-7

Curve ball......one of the best songs to listen to while working on my Dad's farm as kid driving that old Ford tractor don't ask me why just one of those kind of songs that makes you want to sing along with it.

No disrespect to all my old hippies girlfriends but I lied when I told you Billy Jack was cool. Actually I really really  disliked Billy Jack  especially his movies

54 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Man you younger guys/gals have no idea or maybe were lucky at times at what you missed with MTV 1981 I remember the first video...........

trivia what was the second video.................no google please Hint: it was a female with short hair that I would have loved to party with....................

https://www.businessinsider.com/video-killed-the-radio-star-34th-anniversary-of-music-video-on-mtv-2015-7

I hear both of these songs regularly as the 80s Pandora station is played frequently at work. Almost all of my co workers were born in the 80s(including myself).

As for your trivia..Cindy Lauper? Seems right for the time period. Although I think I could see you partying more with Debbie Harry. So that’s my two guesses. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I hear both of these songs regularly as the 80s Pandora station is played frequently at work. Almost all of my co workers were born in the 80s. 

As for your trivia..Cindy Lauper? Seems right for the time period. Although I think I could see you partying more with Debbie Harry. So that’s my two guesses. 

ding ding NO incorrect but really good guesses

born in the 80's damn they are young

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

it was a female with short hair that I would have loved to party with

Pat Benetar? Did she have short hair back then? Man. I feel like I should know this.

I'm glad that Weezer sang the Toto song so everyone could go back and listen to how good the original was. Except Weezer's version is the only one you hear getting played these days and it's not nearly as good as the original. I'm not a Weezer guy and I never really understood their popularity. But I hope some of these artists they covered on this album get some renewed interest and a cash flow injection. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Pat Benetar? Did she have short hair back then? Man. I feel like I should know this.

I'm glad that Weezer sang the Toto song so everyone could go back and listen to how good the original was. Except Weezer's version is the only one you hear getting played these days and it's not nearly as good as the original. I'm not a Weezer guy and I never really understood their popularity. But I hope some of these artists they covered on this album get some renewed interest and a cash flow injection. 

Great guess ..............short hair and all...............second video for MTV.....also agree about Weezer and Toto original is better imo. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Great guess ..............short hair and all...............second video for MTV.....also agree about Weezer and Toto original is better imo. 

Underrated, in multiple respects. 

On 2/10/2019 at 7:42 PM, augolf1716 said:

ding ding NO incorrect but really good guesses

born in the 80's damn they are young

Joan Jett?

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Really good guess but loof got it with Pat Benatar

I didn’t see the affirmation..my apologies. I had a few more coming too. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Did somebody ask about Joe Jackson recently? @ShocksMyBrain, possibly?

He's still touring and I have on good authority that he puts on a good show. 

I posted some. I might have to check him out if he comes somewhere nearby. 

Edit: And he’s coming nowhere in the south for upcoming dates. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Angry 1

Oh man I love JJ I know I've posted this song more then once. Saw him in Miami around 1982. He never really toured the deep south muchand yes he gave one heck of a concert. He should be around 64 so hopefully he still has close to the same energy as he did back then. If you ever get a chance to see him do it by all means.

• Like 1

Not sure if you guys watched the Grammys. I didn't, but I always read/watch about the big awards shows the next day. Sounds like the ladies owned the night, and Brandi Carlisle in particular had herself a moment. Like, holy sh**, she had a moment. I've been aware of her for awhile and have enjoyed a couple tunes, but I haven't given her due attention/respect. My bad, yo. Not sure she hits every note here but it doesn't entirely matter IMO. 

PS- Her video for this song is powerful.

• Love 1

Another from the Grammys. Saw Janelle open for Gnarls Barkley years ago in ATL. I was like, huh, that's different. Can't say that I pictured her becoming the star that she's turned into but I'm so happy that she has. Love love love her whole thing. Total package. Like a bizarro Beyonce. And, hey, if you're gonna "honor" Prince, do it like this. Just like this.

My upcoming shows are coming in nicely: 

Spafford in Oxford later this month. 

Mike Gordon in Nashville in March.

DMB(+whoever is playing that night) at Beale Street Music Fest in May. 

Umphrey’s McGee 3 night run at Red Rocks in June. 

Phish 3 night run at Alpine Valley in July.