Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

51 minutes ago, sandyclawedtiger said:

Love watching these guys react to music! They definitely keep it real.

I have watched them react to songs I thought were just ok, and end up liking the song more. But yeah they keep it real.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Wow, I never envisioned a Nirvana cover quite like this. Probably my second favorite cut from that album behind Lounge Act. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Wow, I never envisioned a Nirvana cover quite like this. Probably my second favorite cut from that album behind Lounge Act. 

Better than the original imo. 

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Better than the original imo. 

The lyrics are definitely more understandable. 

10 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

These ladies are pissed off. I like it.

Also, funny, I've been thinking a lot about bluegrass lately and how I need to get it back in my life. Probably need to kickstart it by taking it in live. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

These ladies are pissed off. I like it.

Also, funny, I've been thinking a lot about bluegrass lately and how I need to get it back in my life. Probably need to kickstart it by taking it in live. 

If you want the real deal you should try "Pickin-in-Parsons" once in your life. Its July 30th thru Aug. 3rd this year

https://canaanvalley.org/see-do/listings/pickin-in-parsons-bluegrass-festival

Since the inception, Joyce and John have given their all to bring quality bluegrass to Tucker County and the mountain state.  In 2017 their tireless efforts paid off.  The Pickin’ in Parsons Bluegrass Festival was selected as the 2017 Event of the Year by the International Bluegrass Music Association.  Last years event saw attendees from ten different countries!

45 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

If you want the real deal you should try "Pickin-in-Parsons" once in your life. Its July 30th thru Aug. 3rd this year

https://canaanvalley.org/see-do/listings/pickin-in-parsons-bluegrass-festival

Since the inception, Joyce and John have given their all to bring quality bluegrass to Tucker County and the mountain state.  In 2017 their tireless efforts paid off.  The Pickin’ in Parsons Bluegrass Festival was selected as the 2017 Event of the Year by the International Bluegrass Music Association.  Last years event saw attendees from ten different countries!

Used to go to Merlefest in Wilkesboro, NC every year. Really want to go back but wouldn't mind trying something new, either. 

• Like 1

Went to Oxford to see these guys. The room capacity stated 103. There was 250 easily. And re-entry. TINY room  

Apparently we’re old AF because we just hung in the back of the room with the other 30+ crew. I was incapable of getting in my “zone” because people kept asking “what band is this??” and moving left or right to let people up the stairs to the toilets...to sell or use drugs because that’s 100% what was happening.

Set break dropped and the place emptied out...to go back to their houses to get smashed. Made it 2 songs into 2nd set before bailing because the chatter was louder than the band. 

I’ll be interested in seeing Spafford again in a few years. I think their jams, while tight, sound identical from one song to the next.

Dont see a show at Proud Larry’s.

I saw Yonder Mountain at some rando club in Opelika when I was living in Auburn circa 2003/2004 and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Wasn’t anything like Oxford. 

Who is it @Barnacle? that went to OM? 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Went to Oxford to see these guys. The room capacity stated 103. There was 250 easily. And re-entry. TINY room  

Apparently we’re old AF because we just hung in the back of the room with the other 30+ crew. I was incapable of getting in my “zone” because people kept asking “what band is this??” and moving left or right to let people up the stairs to the toilets...to sell or use drugs because that’s 100% what was happening.

Set break dropped and the place emptied out...to go back to their houses to get smashed. Made it 2 songs into 2nd set before bailing because the chatter was louder than the band. 

I’ll be interested in seeing Spafford again in a few years. I think their jams, while tight, sound identical from one song to the next.

I saw Yonder Mountain at some rando club in Opelika when I was living in Auburn circa 2003/2004 and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Wasn’t anything like Oxford. 

Welcome.

I’m sorry.

This feels like every show I’ve been to for the last 7 years.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Oh no! I love Proud Larrys. I've been to some phenomenal shows there over the years. Maybe they've increases their capacity I'm not sure. It's always been a tight space but I was also 20 years old and likely could have cared less. If you were all the way back to the stairs, then there isn't a way I could see you enjoying a show either. I don't ever recall the room being that full. 

Snapped this when I was there a couple months ago, for people who want perspective. @ShocksMyBrain, I don't ever remember not being in front of that sound board. This picture was taken from the stairs.IMG_20190131_205537.jpg

Edited by Barnacle
  • Like 2

The conditions under which I can really truly enjoy the show these days have gotten a lot more limited. As in, I usually prefer to be sitting down.

At a table.

😕

• Like 1
  • Haha 1