2016 A-Day

bikeriderga

The defense looks pretty good. Just sayin. Monty looks good...

Yup. As does Marlon Davidson, Daryl Williams, Jamel Dean, Paul James and Markell Boston

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like CRG is about to become a lot better coach on the boards this season.

:Sing:/>

Haha

Seriously, though, the D-line is looking amazing. Plays even from the guys working with the 2s. Mont Adams, Carl Lawson, and Marlon Davidson (woo hoo) all looking great. This makes me feel good. Like I used to feel when we had great D.

I know, I'm getting ahead of myself.

I like to get excited, though.

:hellyeah:

Yup. As does Marlon Davidson, Daryl Williams, Jamel Dean, Paul James and Markell Boston

Yep.

I wouldn't mind (woody!) if this halftime show (woody!) is the last Gus sports car article or piece (woody!) we see for a while.

I wish we could see the 1s against the 1s though. The 1s usually look good against the 2s. I do think he'll be a beast this year as long as Lawson stays healthy to reduce his double teams.

Did I I miss anything I fell asleep midway in the 1st ? How's the Qbs doing?

Not too good IMO. SW had a nice deep ball in the first quarter. Most of the rest of the throws were not good or decidedly average. JJ still being JJ. SW is head and shoulders above the rest in my book.

Initial thoughts at the half.

1. Relax. It's the Sprimg Game. Lol.

2. The DL looks good! And deep.

Adams and Lawson are going to be really hard to block!

3. It's 1s v 2s, the play calling is very vanilla, and the QB is not live so I'm not going to get too excited yet, but I do think the D has a lot of potential.

4. I don't really see much separation in the QB race from what I've seen. I saw a couple of good things, but not much. I hope there is a lot of progress there from someone, anyone.

5. Jovon looks ok and I really like the use of the H Backs. I hope to see more of that this fall. We could have a pretty decent run game.

6. Daniel Carlson for Heisman!!! Also, Shannon had some distance on a couple of those punts.

I think guys on here have to keep this in stride

We still don't have the first team offense down pat. Things are just being thrown around right now. We'll see the real offense later down the road

I wouldn't mind (woody!) if this halftime show (woody!) is the last Gus sports car article or piece (woody!) we see for a while.

LOL. +1 <thump>

JF3 hitting the outside crossing route nicely.

It's only a glorified public spring scrimmage, but from what I've seen in the first half the QB battle is clearly between White and Franklin.

True. However JJ is still unable to make those passes consistently even in a glorified scrimmage which to me proves your second point. Also shows that JF3 is capable of passing enough to keep the D honest.

And not able to get any idea of the impact that he could have running the ball for real. The defense is clearly not playing like they're concerned with.

Absolutely. That's why I like seeing that he can run the 2 minute style offense passing. It won't take an all world passer for him to be effective if he is as electric running as they say. He just needs to pass enough to keep the D honest. It appears he, at the very least, is viable competition for SW which is good news no matter which way you slice it.

While I'm not one that is of the opinion that a DT QB is required for success, I would prefer we had one than not. If Franklin can't take the starting job, I'd rather see him used in the Grant/McCalebb role and occasional wildcat than backup QB/wildcat.

JF3 hitting the outside crossing route nicely.

It's only a glorified public spring scrimmage, but from what I've seen in the first half the QB battle is clearly between White and Franklin.

True. However JJ is still unable to make those passes consistently even in a glorified scrimmage which to me proves your second point. Also shows that JF3 is capable of passing enough to keep the D honest.

And not able to get any idea of the impact that he could have running the ball for real. The defense is clearly not playing like they're concerned with.

Absolutely. That's why I like seeing that he can run the 2 minute style offense passing. It won't take an all world passer for him to be effective if he is as electric running as they say. He just needs to pass enough to keep the D honest. It appears he, at the very least, is viable competition for SW which is good news no matter which way you slice it.

While I'm not one that is of the opinion that a DT QB is required for success, I would prefer we had one than not. If Franklin can't take the starting job, I'd rather see him used in the Grant/McCalebb role and occasional wildcat than backup QB/wildcat.

Completely agree. That's why I've said all along that recruiting him was a no lose proposition. If he didn't pan out at QB, we are in big need of another McCalebb. My only worry there is that if he doesn't win the QB position, the lack of depth behind SW may require that he practice full time as QB anyways. We shall see.

Well, then JJ with a good TD pass...

Can't we just get the QB being interviewed to suit up again?

Archived