2016 A-Day

bikeriderga

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WAY TOO EARLY ASSESSMENT WARNING!!!!

Overall, a little disappointed in the QBs play as a whole. JJ threw 1 TD, against the 2s...and is 3-8 for 22 yards...nuff said there...JF3 was a little better at 7-10, but most of his yards came on 1 lucky TD pass that should have been intercepted. SW at 7-11 and over 100 yards looks the best passing but still isn't closing the deal with TDs. Whoever starts in the fall needs a good bit of improvement from what we see today (and yes I'm aware none of these are the full package...just my opinion on the limited info we have)

I agree. I think the absence of Kerryon is a factor, and I think the QB's not being live is also a factor. The defense was clearly not taking QB runs (or the fake) seriously. At the same time, I don't think Gus was particularly interested in showing much. There's a lot more practice and development to be done before meeting Clemson.

Overall, a little disappointed in the QBs play as a whole. JJ threw 1 TD, against the 2s...and is 3-8 for 22 yards...nuff said there...JF3 was a little better at 7-10, but most of his yards came on 1 lucky TD pass that should have been intercepted. SW at 7-11 and over 100 yards looks the best passing but still isn't closing the deal with TDs. Whoever starts in the fall needs a good bit of improvement from what we see today (and yes I'm aware none of these are the full package...just my opinion on the limited info we have)

I agree. I think the absence of Kerryon is a factor, and I think the QB's not being live is also a factor. The defense was clearly not taking QB runs (or the fake) seriously. At the same time, I don't think Gus was particularly interested in showing much. There's a lot more practice and development to be done before meeting Clemson.

What's the story on Kerryon? I missed the first half. Did he sit?

Qbs look bad today... this season is not looking good... hope im wrong

It's a scrimmage and means NOTHING... A little perspective would go a long way with many posters here.

He has been out all spring. Should return in the fall.

Well based on this lashlee will be gone in 17. Gus too. We start off 1-4 with probably three butt whoppings and the wheels come off.

Players going thru motion and injuries.

Fumbles penalties red zone woes qbs clueless and can't convert on 3rd down.

Sorry but that is what I say. For those that say it was just a spring game feel free to watch the spring games of other SEC teams and see if they field the same result as what we just did.

Gus been here way too long for us NOT TO HAVE A QB.

period.

He has been out all spring. Should return in the fall.

Now that you mention it, I vaguely recall hearing something about that. Happened early on, if I'm remembering correctly?

we do not have a quality QB, plain and simple....very weak at OT....defense looks pretty decent.....red zone woes are still there and thats on the coaches...maybe the defense coupled with daniel carlson can get us back to the bammerham bowl.......

Qbs look bad today... this season is not looking good... hope im wrong

It's a scrimmage and means NOTHING... A little perspective would go a long way with many posters here.

His statement was true? What kind of perspective do you apply to our 3rd down conversion ratio? It's either coaches or qb. This is a consistent issue was have had. Either we don't have coaches to fix it or we don't have qbs to correct it.

AU was 1-22 on 3rd downs

Whuch means AU held opposing offense to 1-22 on third downs.

LOL

What did y'all think about the way Roc was used?

AU was 1-22 on 3rd downs

LOL

In a game that featured two touchdowns, he caught one of them, so I feel good about it.

AU was 1-22 on 3rd downs

LOL

Inam concerned that he won't be used much again this year. Wasn't he supposed to have gained some weight this year? Still looks like the same frail player.

Would like to see the auburn fast stuff go away. Most all my buddies here in Ga use that as one of their means of humor vs us.

That's because our offense is best when we are in a true hurry up mode and the DullDawgs hate to face it. Of course they wish we'd stop using the hurry up.

Now, if you give a ratz azz what UGA or UAT fans say you might need a quick trip to the shrink. Their thoughts are not anything to worry about.

Never seen so many whining chicken littles in my life.

Agree....after a page of that crap I bailed out and just watched the game....then scanned some comments a few minutes ago and I'm just wondering where all those whiny wimps came from.

My gosh...it was a spring game mostly made of up random collections of players on both sides of the ball and maybe a dozen different plays called and touch football with the QBs.

Can't imagine that anyone really thought they would learn something from this event that might be predictive of next season...except that Carlson still has quite a leg.

None of the quarterbacks have been particularly impressive

Agreed.

And by that I mean sharp. A lot of breaking in different guys at different positions, but you would like to see the returning QBs look a little more crisp. I thought Sean looked the best throwing the ball.

AU was 1-22 on 3rd downs

LOL

First he was used. How many touched did he have.

Archived