Woody Working to Start

Charhair

^I meant the possible impact of the Clemson game on the rest of the season. Basically, I hope Arky State is a good enough break for the team to get on its feet.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predict a 3-0 start by the time LSU hits the Plains. Just feel it......AMBUSH starts early. :cool:/>

Im with you.. Its something about AU being an underdog that gets me excited and believing..

I predict a 3-0 start by the time LSU hits the Plains. Just feel it......AMBUSH starts early. :cool:/>

Just beat Clemson and the rest will work itself out.

Just beat Clemson and the rest will work itself out.

Are you saying that we should just take these gAmes one at a time. ?

And what do you think kodi can do?

The one thing Kodi brings to the table that no one else can is that he learned how to be a functional receiver in Gus's system in one off-season. He knows, better than anyone, how to get receivers ready to play Gus style football, because he went through it.

Kodi was lucky to make that move when there wasn't much depth at the wr position. I think him being physical helped him out tremendously. He was a great blocker. What's funny though is that he didn't have the best hands....

The one thing Kodi brings to the table that no one else can is that he learned how to be a functional receiver in Gus's system in one off-season. He knows, better than anyone, how to get receivers ready to play Gus style football, because he went through it.

Kodi was lucky to make that move when there wasn't much depth at the wr position. I think him being physical helped him out tremendously. He was a great blocker. What's funny though is that he didn't have the best hands....

Yet he still made a few key catches... including a huge one in the National Championship game. Not bad for a quarterback with one year of preparation.

No. Not a good idea to start a Freshman QB in this league......

Wasn't too good idea to start a Junior either last year but we did.

If he is the best let him play. We shall be better off in year two. Pre season excitement with some basis would be welcomed change.

Yet he still made a few key catches... including a huge one in the National Championship game. Not bad for a quarterback with one year of preparation.

True, but if you're going to look at it that way then we can stop talking about drops with Ricardo, he made a few all time great catches too, and they were actually difficult catches.

Woody Working to Start

This is a click bait thread title if I ever saw one. Yes Woody will work hard like he should to try to be the starter but his chances are slim to none.

Woody Working to Start

This is a click bait thread title if I ever saw one. Yes Woody will work hard like he should to try to be the starter but his chances are slim to none.

It was more of a title for a thread that was about not counting Woody as an automatic redshirt and what would happen if he came in with the tools to be able to run the offense the best.

But if I feel like that's a little long for the title and if that had been my title than the subject for my thread would have had to have been "ttitle"

Woody Working to Start

It was more of a title for a thread that was about not counting Woody as an automatic redshirt and what would happen if he came in with the tools to be able to run the offense the best.

But if I feel like that's a little long for the title and if that had been my title than the subject for my thread would have had to have been "ttitle"

Deshaun Watson came in at Clemson as a true freshman & made an impact. Gus has shown before he's not afraid to start a freshman at QB. (Mitch Mustain) I agree the chances are slim to none but you never know. Especially since none of the QB's have seperated themselves. I think it'll be fun to see how the QB situation plays out this summer/fall. May the best man win.

It's a shame that QB MIGHT ruin what seems like a very solid team almost everywhere else. I would feel comfortable with SW if he could run just a bit better. If you look around the SEC west apart from us and Arky you see QBs who can run. Right now I just don't feel confident in any of our QBs. I think Woody needs to be ready to start in 2017.

It's a shame that QB MIGHT ruin what seems like a very solid team almost everywhere else. I would feel comfortable with SW if he could run just a bit better. If you look around the SEC west apart from us and Arky you see QBs who can run. Right now I just don't feel confident in any of our QBs. I think Woody needs to be ready to start in 2017.

i honestly would feel more comfortable with SW too. I think SW will have the ability to really tear some defenses apart and that will do just as much for our run game as having a true zone read QB

But if Woody was able to come in and TAKE the job (as it's obviously not going to be given to him unless he's beyond ready to start against the defending national runner ups) I would definitely be interested to see what he could do.

That being said I do believe he'll probably end up red shirting baring injuries to others

No. Not a good idea to start a Freshman QB in this league......

Wasn't too good idea to start a Junior either last year but we did.

If he is the best let him play. We shall be better off in year two. Pre season excitement with some basis would be welcomed change.

I certainly hope "if he is the best" does not come to pass...(pardon the pun)...

^^^ See, he has to be ready to run in cases when he drops back to pass and the D notices this and begins crowding in the defensive backfield. He doesn't have to be NM, but he does have to be able to scramble when this happens to keep Ds honest. If he can do that, then he might be the answer.

^^^ See, he has to be ready to run in cases when he drops back to pass and the D notices this and begins crowding in the defensive backfield. He doesn't have to be NM, but he does have to be able to scramble when this happens to keep Ds honest. If he can do that, then he might be the answer.

Who?

Did you see any of SWs games before he got hurt? You just described him. He feels pocket pressure and had several good scrambles. Exactly what you said we need, right? Woody likely will NOT start.

You guys that are anti SW are just as bad as the guys that make pretend he showed that he's a future all star. There doesn't have to be a certain style to win. You just have to be good. If you're good you'll be productive. Hopefully whoever is the best we have will be good....right now I don't see it though. Apparently JJ is really bad, I read an article today that they said he's still bad and won't likely improve...SW hasn't been able to separate from this guy that sucks...why is that? I've read people that say Franklin can't throw and other people that says he has all the potential in the world....who knows?

DeShaun Watson played rather extensively as a freshman, he turned out alright. If he's the best QB, let him take his licks and learn from it.

DeShaun Watson played rather extensively as a freshman, he turned out alright. If he's the best QB, let him take his licks and learn from it.

He was also much more developed as a passer out of high school than Woody is. Woody can develop into a passer but right now he is very, very, raw.

He was also much more developed as a passer out of high school than Woody is. Woody can develop into a passer but right now he is very, very, raw.

I don't know exactly how raw he is, but just to play the devil's advocate, NM was super raw as a passer. The difference for Nick was his mind. That dude was chilly calm on the field, which I wouldn't expect from a true freshman.

There is like 1000yds worth of drops in the video lol. He can make the throws. Not all the time though and if he can clean up a few things he could have a better season than Todd's for sure.

Are we ever going to get a QB who can play for three years and succeed? :angry: Unless Sean is serviceable, we need Woody to be able to play in 2017. We can't wait for Gatewood, and we'd better make another run before the decade ends.

BTW Cole I get the impression that Sean and JF3 are ahead of JJ. Just my opinion.

You guys that are anti SW are just as bad as the guys that make pretend he showed that he's a future all star. There doesn't have to be a certain style to win. You just have to be good. If you're good you'll be productive. Hopefully whoever is the best we have will be good....right now I don't see it though. Apparently JJ is really bad, I read an article today that they said he's still bad and won't likely improve...SW hasn't been able to separate from this guy that sucks...why is that? I've read people that say Franklin can't throw and other people that says he has all the potential in the world....who knows?

You may have just answered your own question in that last line- Usually when people talk about potential, it means someone isn't ready.

My vote is to build the offense and the playcalling around Sean White, who may not be a superstar but I believe could still be better than Chris Todd was. Then have some specific packages for Franklin to come in occasionally and keep the defenses off balance.

Our starting QB is either going to be Sean White or JF III.

White is the most accurate of these two, but Franklin has wheels. Which one is more important to the overall game plan is going to determine which one starts, IMHO.

My biggest concern about JF III is his size. A running QB who is as skinny as JF III is prone to injury once he is facing 300 lb. D-linemen and 350-260 lb linebackers. He is fast though.

My largest concern about White is if our receivers can step up. Right now, the two best receivers on the team is Marcus Davis and Roc Thomas (yes I know Roc is a running back, but he has proven he can catch).

Archived