Copa America Centenario

AUDub

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kun Aguero converts his. Bravo guessed correctly too.

Beausejour hits his. Fernandez is saved!

Silva wins it!

I know a miss can happen to anyone but man I feel bad for Messi. He has such a weight on his shoulders already as the face of a country.

Messi said he's retiring from the national team. I doubt he actually will, given the context of his comments.

Messi said he's retiring from the national team. I doubt he actually will, given the context of his comments.

He needs to give it a day or two.

In my experience watching soccer, one great player can't move a team forward nearly as much as one bad player can move a team backward.

It is completely unreasonable for messi to receive this nutty media attention about how good he may or may not be because of Argentinas results. Of course maradona consistently chirping in the press doesn't help.

Man, what it must be like for your greatest national treasure to be a cocaine-fueled psychopath.

Ugly finish to an otherwise entertaining tournament last night. Here's to the Euros remaining fun.

Man, what it must be like for your greatest national treasure to be a cocaine-fueled psychopath

:dunno:

Maradona's penchant for nose candy is legendary.

Man, what it must be like for your greatest national treasure to be a cocaine-fueled psychopath

:dunno:/>

Gotcha. Messi is their current national treasure. I was pretty sure Messi hadn't had any trouble there.

Gotcha. Messi is their current national treasure. I was pretty sure Messi hadn't had any trouble there.

Perhaps, but I'm not sure he's quite got that title in a choke hold. A lot of Argentines think he's more Spanish than Argentine, and they have a very compelling case. And regardless of all his accomplishments, he hasn't won them anything meaningful. Maradona brought them ultimate glory, and with little help.

Side note: Crazy that 2 of the top 3 or 4 names in the GOAT conversation are both short dudes from Argentina. Or maybe not.

Nope, just tax fraud :)

Ugly finish to an otherwise entertaining tournament last night. Here's to the Euros remaining fun.

I enjoyed the game about as much as I've ever enjoyed a 0-0 draw.

Side note: Crazy that 2 of the top 3 or 4 names in the GOAT conversation are both short dudes from Argentina. Or maybe not.

The undisputed GOAT was also only 5'8.

Eh, I'm not so into refs affecting the outcome, constant stoppage, the last 20-30 minutes of regulation being sloppy because of two short-sided and exhausted teams, etc... It started off quite thrilling and extra time was impressive, but most of the match was what I imagine it would have looked like if the 2010 Netherlands squad played itself in the final.

Eh, I'm not so into refs affecting the outcome, constant stoppage, the last 20-30 minutes of regulation being sloppy because of two short-sided and exhausted teams, etc... It started off quite thrilling and extra time was impressive, but most of the match was what I imagine it would have looked like if the 2010 Netherlands squad played itself in the final.

The ref was a definite sore spot for me. Man he had a bad night.

Perhaps, but I'm not sure he's quite got that title in a choke hold. A lot of Argentines think he's more Spanish than Argentine, and they have a very compelling case. And regardless of all his accomplishments, he hasn't won them anything meaningful. Maradona brought them ultimate glory, and with little help.

I wouldn't say he did it with little help...they won the World Cup just 8 years prior without his help...but you might say he won it single handed....

Will just put this here for now unless it ever gets legs, but twitter is abuzz with Jurgen to England talk...

They should hire Wenger.

Klinsmann has been popping up in a lot of discussion over there. The torygragh had a long op-ed recommending it last week, before the group stage was even over in Euro.

Will just put this here for now unless it ever gets legs, but twitter is abuzz with Jurgen to England talk...

They should hire Wenger.

I agree.

Maybe England has the type of players JK can work with... Although they won't have it any better player-wise than Germany when he was there and got run off rather quickly.... Man don't get me all excited...I may dance if he leaves (and I have gout in my ankle right now and can't even walk) :laugh:

Archived