Copa America Centenario

AUDub

Goldbergs....... my goodness what about Modern Family?

Wife loves Modern Family. I hate it. Hate hate hate. Goldbergs is clever. Modern Family is just pedantic.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goldbergs....... my goodness what about Modern Family?

Wife loves Modern Family. I hate it. Hate hate hate. Goldbergs is clever. Modern Family is just pedantic.

Wife has good taste in TV shows not so sure on ?????...............j/k ben

It's hard to justify the complete lack of an attack after kicking the #1 all time scorer and the #3 all time scorer off the team. It's pretty tough to even comprehend that logic. Should have been all we needed to know.

Bwuh? Altidore is hurt.

Altidore has been left off the team or benched multiple times by Klinsmann without being hurt.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-us/news/66/united-states/2012/10/08/3435826/klinsmanns-altidore-omission-leaves-odd-impression-ahead-of-usas-

http://www.vavel.com/en-us/soccer/513843-jozy-altidore-leaves-usmnt-gold-cup-squad-as-3-changes-made-by-jurgen-klinsmann.html

It's hard to justify the complete lack of an attack after kicking the #1 all time scorer and the #3 all time scorer off the team. It's pretty tough to even comprehend that logic. Should have been all we needed to know.

Bwuh? Altidore is hurt.

Altidore has been left off the team or benched multiple times by Klinsmann without being hurt.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-us/news/66/united-states/2012/10/08/3435826/klinsmanns-altidore-omission-leaves-odd-impression-ahead-of-usas-

http://www.vavel.com/en-us/soccer/513843-jozy-altidore-leaves-usmnt-gold-cup-squad-as-3-changes-made-by-jurgen-klinsmann.html

Look I'll give you Donovan because there's no arguing that one, but Altidore has form and fitness issues that generally warrant leaving him off. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasnt sending home from the Gold Cup, your second link, also when he was still recovering from a hamstring injury?

I know altidore has scored a bunch, but I just like what I've seen from Bobby woods the last few months or so. Flash in the pan, maybe? Altidore is a "hold up" machine ... There is no denying his strength. I think woods gives a little of that plus more. Woods work rate and defending is consistently better. All in a relatively small body of work.

I think the Donovan thing was a combo of 2 things ... It was a personal clash and jurgy (thanks for that Loof) is trying to get a better mentality in the team ... Which Donovan hurt himself on with the weird sabbatical.

I'm not convinced there had been an improvement with the team mentality either.

^[soccer power] kids play soccer in their ample free time.

American kids leave soccer practice and then go to math camp or piano lessons or some other activity that will appeal to college admissions types and then pick up whatever technology they waste their brains with instead of going outside or, if their parents are awesome, a supervised play date where they wear helmets and learn about organic gardening.

Really exaggerated but sorta true.

Oh and it looks like we'll get that revenge match against Columbia. And we'll play well in a meaningless game and people will say, "See, Jurgy Jurgs just had a bit of the bad luck against FC Messi."

regarding the American soccer culture ... There is no doubt there are more kids playing but there is really no upside.

my kid could probably get a soccer scholarship somewhere ... But at the end of the day why play beyond high school age?

College scholarships? Unless you are truly elite, you won't get much more than a quarter to a third scholarship ... All of it is very similar to college baseball. But there is a difference - there is significantly more opportunities to make some money playing baseball than soccer. I mean number of roster spots that pay some sort of money.

A kids time is much better spent in pursuing academic scholarships. Of course the combo of the 2 would be ideal. There are tons of intangibles that make me wish she would consider playing at the college level but that is just a dad talking.

In other words - a significant amount of the soccer world has true upward movement via soccer ... Not so much the US. So kids pick other sports or stop when they get done with high school age soccer.

I see Howard is in goal tonight. I didn't even know he was on the squad. Going for that win tonight. I like the lineup.

Was making my good luck Rotel. I'll take 0-0 so far.

Dempsey has had a few promising chances so far

Got my good luck Rotel. Time for a change of fortunes.

That was a heads up play on that pass for the goal. No pun intended

Why in the world did wood go back across the defense? Shoot on goal to score or get a put back

Got to be willing to pull the trigger.

Archived