2017 4* Juco TE Jeremy Patton (Arky commit 6/17/16)

ellitor

OVed AU June 10-12 & called the trip unbelievable

14 Power Conference offers including AU

Info from Keith Link

Right now, the word is the Tigers will take only ONE tight end in this class.

The two top targets appears to be Jeremy Patton and Tre' McKitty. Both like Auburn an awful lot.

Who is higher on the board? That we can't answer right now.

Juco Freshman Highlights

It could be 1st come, 1st serve w/ Patton & McKitty. Reminder McKitty said after BCW he planned to commit at The Opening in July.

We're still chasing MSU for that title (their current class), and I'm sure KState would wonder how it ever lost that title.

Currently, I'd say we're bending more toward Auburn's historical norm (1-3 JUCO signees per class).

Since 2005, which I picked because it provides 3 Tubby classes, 4 Chizik classes, and 4 Malzahn classes, we've had three outliers on both the high and low ends.

Years with between 1-3 JUCO signees: 2005 (Rodriguez, Wilhite); 2006 (Smith); 2008 (Gray, Todd); 2009 (Freeman, Washington, Fairley); 2015 (Robinson, Smith, Swain); 2016 (James, Franklin)

Years with zero JUCO signees: 2007, 2011, 2012

Years with more than 3 JUCO signees: 2010 (Newton, Gaydon, Mosley, Bonomolo); 2013 (Bradley, Marshall, Artis-Payne, Flowers, Danzey, King); 2014 (Williams, Lambert, Moncrief, Lawrence, Turner, Dampeer)

Seems like this class is more than likely to fall in the 1-3 range. But, yeah, no question that on two occasions we rebuilt the program through junior colleges.

Has everything to do with staff turnover. Kids come and go as staffs do. Each new staff needs immediate help in any areas they deem deficient. This has been the root of our D problems under Malzahn. As said many times, continuity is the the only way to change this.

Patton looks good. I think he needs to put on about 20 pounds to play in the SEC.

Patton looks good. I think he needs to put on about 20 pounds to play in the SEC.

Neuhbur refers to him as more of a Uzomah type TE than a blocking TE.

So underutilized and mismanaged?

Nice one.

Uzomah didn't have what you call any type of mean streak and was a huge liability blocking.

But he was a monster catching and running routes.....And we didn't throw him the ball except in the redzone when we lined him up at wr and everybody in the South East knew we were about to throw to him....

Committed to Arky. KN seems to think we are in good shape with McKitty. He's more optimistic than I am.

Not sure why you aren't. Between us & Oregon we are the only school that has an on campus aviation program which is what he wants to major in.

Archived