2017 4* Buck Jarez Parks

ellitor

Just now, DAG said:

Even if his parents have a direct influence, it is still his ultimate decision. Parents can't go to college for him nor play on Saturday nights. I don't know why people are going berzerk. He has to live with the consequences of it.

Obviously it's his decision, but you know just as well as I do that a lot of kids are going to do what their parents want. When its rumored that his parents are getting paid, and won't allow him to choose another school, I'm going to comment on it. If its true, that's messed up, and I feel bad that his parents are taking advantage of him. I don't know that anyone is going bezerk over it. It's not like he was a heavy Auburn lean going into today.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Obviously it's his decision, but you know just as well as I do that a lot of kids are going to do what their parents want. When its rumored that his parents are getting paid, and won't allow him to choose another school, I'm going to comment on it. If its true, that's messed up, and I feel bad that his parents are taking advantage of him. I don't know that anyone is going bezerk over it. It's not like he was a heavy Auburn lean going into today.

He is not a kid anymore. It is his life. Time to make big boy decisions. Clearly, you are frazzled about it.  If he chooses Bama, good for him. If he chooses FSU, good for him, If he chooses AU, good for him.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

He is not a kid anymore. It is his life. Time to make big boy decisions. Clearly, you are frazzled about it. 

And this is a message board. C'mon, DAG. I promise it's not ruining my day. It interests me when you hear things like that about recruits' parents. Recruiting is a hot manipulative mess when you start throwing money around. We all know this. I hope he makes the best decision for him regardless of his parents. If that's Alabama, its cool with me. It's all within his power. I'm not disagreeing with you. I don't care where he goes to school.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

He is not a kid anymore. It is his life. Time to make big boy decisions. Clearly, you are frazzled about it.  If he chooses Bama, good for him. If he chooses FSU, good for him, If he chooses AU, good for him.

Gotta disagree...he still lives at home and will be there until he finishes school. Not that many guys his age are going to defy their parents ....especially if the parent feels strongly about an issue.    Sounds like another guy who might do what his parents want rather than follow his heart.  Happens all the time with young highly regarded football prospects.   

But as you note...where ever he goes, I hope it is because that is where his heart is and not that he has been pressured by parents for unknown reasons. 

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Gotta disagree...he still lives at home and will be there until he finishes school. Not that many guys his age are going to defy their parents ....especially if the parent feels strongly about an issue.    Sounds like another guy who might do what his parents want rather than follow his heart.  Happens all the time with young highly regarded football prospects.   

But as you note...where ever he goes, I hope it is because that is where his heart is and not that he has been pressured by parents for unknown reasons. 

Disagree as you like. At the end of the day, it does not freaking matter. He will ultimate have to live with his decisions, even if it is directly influenced by his parents. Moping around about it, being ticked at his parents, whining about NS is not going to change a single iota on where he will be in the fall. You guys are acting like you are related to him. If he feels the need to accept money for his parents (rumored) that is their prerogative. He will have to live with that. He could pull a Landon Collins. He chose not to. Time to move on.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Disagree as you like. At the end of the day, it does not freaking matter. He will ultimate have to live with his decisions, even if it is directly influenced by his parents. Moping around about it, being ticked at his parents, whining about NS is not going to change a single iota on where he will be in the fall. You guys are acting like you are related to him. If he feels the need to accept money for his parents (rumored) that is their prerogative. He will have to live with that. He could pull a Landon Collins. He chose not to. Time to move on.

Thanks for your view though I do wonder if you can ever respond to someone you disagree with...without being a HA about it.  .

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think you are reading into alot of stuff that isn't there. Oh well. I like you too, DAG.

I think a LOT of folks are reading a lot of stuff that isn't there.  Where is source of his parent (s) taking money from uat?  Who's making this accusation, Link?

Also, the kid is a minority from a single family home with a 4.0 GPA ~ Financial aid should be available for one semester of tuition/living expenses in the form of academic scholarships and even Pell Grants.

The kid has an offer list a mile long, with offers from every top program that has won a national championship over the last decade.  He has/had many options and he was informed that his uat offer was contingent on Ray signing with uat.  This guy made his choice with his eyes wide open and if he chooses to stick with his decision then it's all on him.  If it comes back to bite him in the ass, then that's on him as well.

I don't feel sorry for him in the least. 

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

And actually, it may not be his decision.  I remember a couple of years ago that there was a huge problem because a kids mom refused to sign his paperwork, so he couldn't officially sign with the school. I guess it depends on how old Parks is. 

In any case, I'm not sure why people are getting up in arms about it... it's a pretty interesting discussion when a kid who could go to any school, immediately, chooses instead to wait on bama.  I guess maybe there's too much bama in him, but that's hard to believe, especially since he lives in Florida and grew up a Gator fan.

11 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

And actually, it may not be his decision.  I remember a couple of years ago that there was a huge problem because a kids mom refused to sign his paperwork, so he couldn't officially sign with the school. I guess it depends on how old Parks is. 

In any case, I'm not sure why people are getting up in arms about it... it's a pretty interesting discussion when a kid who could go to any school, immediately, chooses instead to wait on bama.  I guess maybe there's too much bama in him, but that's hard to believe, especially since he lives in Florida and grew up a Gator fan.

It's ALL assumptions at this point.  If his mother is holding him hostage on NSD at televised signing ceremonies nonetheless.....then it will all come out very soon.  

And the kid you mentioned above, his mom signed the papers in the end even though she acted like a drama queen in the process.

13 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I have no link, but just read this through.   This reminds me of when Kouandjio, a OL player from DeMatha HS committed to us on national tv with a big smile, but his dad stepped in after he stepped off stage and wouldn't let him fax the LOI.   I know for a fact Kouandjio's older brother was already at bama.  I always suspected there might be something funny going on - maybe dad had made a promise that BOTH would go to bama....why would a father do such a thing?   Just funny to me that a parent who started raising his family in Africa would be so particular about his kid going to a particular university to study and play football.  Very strange to average folks.  

My daughter could have gone to Auburn on nearly a full scholy, but she chose to go elsewhere.  I smiled and supported her fully. Ok, kinda broke my heart, but don't she doesn't read this board.  My son made things 'right' though!  

Seems very peculiar to me...  maybe he has a younger brother there too and he wants to be close...prob not likely.  

5 minutes ago, keesler said:

It's ALL assumptions at this point.  If his mother is holding him hostage on NSD at televised signing ceremonies nonetheless.....then it will all come out very soon.  

And the kid you mentioned above, his mom signed the papers in the end even though she acted like a drama queen in the process.

Yea... I was just using that as an example of the fact that these kids really can be at the mercy of their parents, because the parents have to sign, too.

Why he chose to grayshirt is certainly all speculation.  Ellitor is the one who brought the accusation of the parents getting paid and blocking him form going elsewhere... not sure where he got it. Still, whatever the reason, it's an interesting topic to speculate about because it's a pretty big departure from normal no matter what the reasoning.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Yea... I was just using that as an example of the fact that these kids really can be at the mercy of their parents, because the parents have to sign, too.

Why he chose to grayshirt is certainly all speculation.  Ellitor is the one who brought the accusation of the parents getting paid and blocking him form going elsewhere... not sure where he got it. Still, whatever the reason, it's an interesting topic to speculate about because it's a pretty big departure from normal no matter what the reasoning.

Exactly. That's all this is. Speculative banter. No one is claiming any of this is fact. This thread is littered with qualifiers like "allegedly" and "if true." No one cares that he went to Alabama or are using it as a platform to whine. It's just an interesting rumor - and on a day practically absent of drama, a couple of us were inclined to talk about it. Good grief. 

1 minute ago, Beaker said:

I have no link, but just read this through.   This reminds me of when Kouandjio, a OL player from DeMatha HS committed to us on national tv with a big smile, but his dad stepped in after he stepped off stage and wouldn't let him fax the LOI.   I know for a fact Kouandjio's older brother was already at bama.  I always suspected there might be something funny going on - maybe dad had made a promise that BOTH would go to bama....why would a father do such a thing?   Just funny to me that a parent who started raising his family in Africa would be so particular about his kid going to a particular university to study and play football.  Very strange to average folks.   

That situation actually was one of the easiest for me to understand.  It is A LOT easier for the parents to have the kids playing football for the same school. I think the way it was handled was wrong, and I think Cyrus got a raw deal because he would have still made it to the NFL and he missed out on what he obviously wanted to be a part of at Auburn, but I can see the parents position, even if there was no REC involvement (and I'm not saying there was or wasn't). the way it was handled sure made it seem like bama forced their hand.

So what is the last day that we would be able to recruit him? Aren't recruits allowed to sign with a school up until a couple of months after signing day? And if they don't, then they would count towards the next year's class? So theoretically we still have a couple of months to work on him, correct?

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

This^. Remember Brent Callaway and Cyrus Kouandjio?  Both wanted to go to Auburn but the parents stepped in and said uat. 

57 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

So what is the last day that we would be able to recruit him? Aren't recruits allowed to sign with a school up until a couple of months after signing day? And if they don't, then they would count towards the next year's class? So theoretically we still have a couple of months to work on him, correct?

Recruits can sign at any time and there is actually not any requirement that they sign at all. They can simply sign the FA papers at which point I think a school is obligated to take the player but he is not obligated to go there. In the past, some guys have signed FA papers with multiple schools. The fans, coaches, and ESPN have made a huge misnomer (and circus) out of NSD.

There really is no advantage to the really good players to commit or sign anywhere (unless they are  dead set on UAT or some other school that would not hold a spot open for a 4* player, and then he better get in while he can).

NSD is simply the first day schools can sign players (good chance there will be an early signing period next year).

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

nick saban can go to hell. It will be a great day for the sec when he retires. NEVER EVER have I seen any other coach in history pull the shite off that he does. screw him. This is just a ego thing. Trying to keep him away from us.

Well, I don't think he was going to sign with Auburn but I agree with everything else you posted.

Well, I am simply flabbergasted that a top 100 recruit would agree to go to Bama and grayshirt after they told him they were waiting on another player. Kind of like asking Suzie to the dance, and she tells you she is waiting on Jimmy to ask her, and she will go with you if he doesn't. I guess this kid and Saban are like peas and carrots again. He chose the right school, because he will make the perfect Gump. And that's all I have to say about that.

Hey.  Remember that time a 4* recruit traveled to Paris to film a professionally produced YouTube announcement of his college choice, and the college told him to hold off a season?

13 hours ago, rockfordpi said:

Recruits can sign at any time and there is actually not any requirement that they sign at all. They can simply sign the FA papers at which point I think a school is obligated to take the player but he is not obligated to go there. In the past, some guys have signed FA papers with multiple schools. The fans, coaches, and ESPN have made a huge misnomer (and circus) out of NSD.

There really is no advantage to the really good players to commit or sign anywhere (unless they are  dead set on UAT or some other school that would not hold a spot open for a 4* player, and then he better get in while he can).

NSD is simply the first day schools can sign players (good chance there will be an early signing period next year).

It's a risk if the really good players don't sign on NSD because the really good programs fill up their slots quick and as we saw yesterday, they may have to turn away or delay signing a 4* all american player.

16 hours ago, rockfordpi said:

Haven't seen you post in awhile Rockford, welcome back.

Archived