2017 4* Buck Jarez Parks

ellitor

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

that is true about jlee but I actually believe him on this one. He was never coming to AU if bama found a spot.

Gray shirting is not finding a spot. He's not on scholly and can't play or practice as a true freshman.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Bama people are now saying that Benton might not have the grades to qualify in which case I guess maybe Parks would get he last spot.

He's had grade issues. Not new news.

And if Benton does not qualify and get enrolled then at that point Jarez can go on scholly & be in the enrolled class of 25.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Gray shirting is not finding a spot. He's not on scholly and can't play or practice as a true freshman.

This is such a stupid decision career wise. That's a year of development he will never get back. That's a year's worth of NFL salary. And that's one less year in your playing career. 

The older you are when you enter the draft the lower your value. The older you are when you enter free agency the less leverage you have. 

But whatever. 

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

what I meant I am not buying he went up to the podium and was set to announce for auburn. do you?

6 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

So that other kid (ray?) just committed to Bama...Jarez and his family should REALLY reconsider the greyshirt.  

Like who would support their kid doing this. Someone should speak some sense into him. 

Wonder if Bama will get him the SRT package on his charger for grayshirting.

Seriously, the #93 player in the country decides to forfeit a full ride scholarship to multiple other SEC schools, wait a year, AND pay $20,000+ in tuition just to go to Bama? How is the NCAA all over this s#!7?!?!?! 

Just now, AUEngineer2016 said:

Wonder if Bama will get him the SRT package on his charger for grayshirting.

Seriously, the #93 player in the country decides to forfeit a full ride scholarship to multiple other SEC schools, wait a year, AND have a friend of the program pay $20,000+ in tuition just to go to Bama? How is the NCAA all over this s#!7?!?!?! 

fixed it for you.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Hey @ellitor... what does the NCAA have to say about other schools communicating with a kid who has "taken a gray shirt"?

AFAIK, "grayshirting" doesn't exist in the NCAA's eyes. Because he has not signed with a school, he is not an NCAA athlete, therefore any school is free to contact him.

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

what I meant I am not buying he went up to the podium and was set to announce for auburn. do you?

PTB said we were pushing him hard & I trust him. He is the most connected person on the program on this board.

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Hey @ellitor... what does the NCAA have to say about other schools communicating with a kid who has "taken a gray shirt"?

Nothing because gray shirts are only verbal agreements. There's no paper work at all involved with gray shirting.

3 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

Like who would support their kid doing this. Someone should speak some sense into him. 

I KNOW. The Momma Bear would come out if that ever happened to my kid. 

Unless that other kid doesn't qualify academically, this boy is going to waste a YEAR! 

Just now, ellitor said:

Nothing because gray shirts are only verbal agreements. There's no paper work at all involved with gray shirting.

So... once he graduates high school, are there an limitations on recruiting him, or do the same rules apply as they do to a high school athlete?

Just now, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

I don't understand why with offers from Auburn, Florida and FSU he greyshirts with Updyke U? Not very smart in my opinion.

You haven't been here long, have you?

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

PTB said he had an AU NLI in his hands at the podium & I trust him. He is the most connected person on the program on this board.

PTB is legit. That makes me even more angry that you would rather sit a year than go to AU. ?

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Fingers crossed that time will temper his emotions. And he will come to his senses.  

1 minute ago, War to the Eagle said:

So what's the latest?  Has he now committed to grayshirt for Bama?  Is he yet to make a decision?

He went on facebook live and said he was committed to bama, but they currently don't have a spot for him, so one of 3 things is going to happen...

1. they figure out how to open a spot up.
2. he actually waits until January to enroll, and if he's lucky, they take him then.
3. he wakes up and realizes that they are playing him and signs with a better school.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

PTB said he had an AU NLI in his hands at the podium & I trust him. He is the most connected person on the program on this board.

From what I read, he had 4 NLIs in his hands.

2 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

Fingers crossed that time will temper his emotions. And he will come to his senses.  

Won't matter if his parents are All Bama$$$$

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

From what I read, he had 4 NLIs in his hands.

Yeah. Edited that post to reflect PTBs actual words. I got crossed.

Archived