2017 4* Buck Jarez Parks

ellitor

Just now, tigerfangs said:

He did?

His commitment video just got reposted on Bleacher Report.. this day just keeps getting weirder with him

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

His commitment video just got reposted on Bleacher Report.. this day just keeps getting weirder with him

I think that commitment video is outdated. Don't believe it is real time.

@ellitor @Barnacle From a contract law perspective, E's statement may or may not be true. It's certainly true from an NCAA rules standpoint. As for the offer/acceptance deal, if they communicated to him that the offer was contingent, it's not an offer at all. Even if he signs paperwork, it wouldn't be binding (unless there's an integration clause... the thing that says this document is the entire contract and nothing outside of it will be considered... then, you'd have a question whether oral representations would be included). Bottom line, if they said something to him before he signed, they're almost certainly in the clear from a contract law perspective.

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

His commitment video from the Eiffel tower is being circulated on Titter for some reason.

And people are saying he committed to Alabama as a result. Looks like someone at BR may have messed up. 

1 minute ago, mcgufcm said:

@ellitor @Barnacle From a contract law perspective, E's statement may or may not be true. It's certainly true from an NCAA rules standpoint. As for the offer/acceptance deal, if they communicated to him that the offer was contingent, it's not an offer at all. Even if he signs paperwork, it wouldn't be binding (unless there's an integration clause... the thing that says this document is the entire contract and nothing outside of it will be considered... then, you'd have a question whether oral representations would be included). Bottom line, if they said something to him before he signed, they're almost certainly in the clear from a contract law perspective.

Never heard of anyone applying contract law to these scenarios. NCAA  has their own special rules for this.

Just now, mcgufcm said:

Thanks. It just surprises me that these NLIs have to be certified, and aren't legally binding once the letter is sent in, absent some communication to the student that the offer may not be valid. 

7 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

There's your problem.

@thaitopher Totally agree. I was just answering the question! :)

I'm not even sure how you would articulate contract damages if you're able to sign with another institution. I mean, are we going to use the value of a roster spot at School X versus the value of the same spot at School Y? Are we going to calculate the value of improper benefits from the REC that you now have to forego? I don't see how you could ever bring a claim even if there was a breach of contract.

1 minute ago, mcgufcm said:

@thaitopher Totally agree. I was just answering the question! :)

I'm not even sure how you would articulate contract damages if you're able to sign with another institution. I mean, are we going to use the value of a roster spot at School X versus the value of the same spot at School Y? Are we going to calculate the value of improper benefits from the REC that you now have to forego? I don't see how you could ever bring a claim even if there was a breach of contract.

haha, that's a good point - I have no clue how that would be possible. Anyway, just sparked my curiosity. 

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

Maybe he did commit to Bama. Who knows WTF is happening anymore.

Andrew Bone saying he's not committed

Just now, thaitopher said:

He did put a Bama hat on FB Live 23 minutes ago, but who knows.

Ray's committing to Alabama what the hell is going on today 

Happens every year - kids are pushed out, eliminated, processed, humiliated on signing day (parks and philon) but the kids just keep on going there. Players and HS coaches do not care. Whatever... you make a deal with the devil and you will pay the piper...

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Ray's committing to Alabama what the hell is going on today 

Parks is now being interviewed for  analyst position and will play football when the need comes. 

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

So since he's not in Rivals yet, let's talk about the chances of somehow landing him. Completely understand that they are slim, but if AU pushes, he's certainly got a way to get some payback. 

Auburn IS pushing hard at this very moment.

Just now, Bigbens42 said:

Bone now reporting he's going to greyshirt 

UN freaking real. getting a top 100 player to greyshirt. are you kidding me?

Archived