2017 4* Buck Jarez Parks

ellitor

7 minutes ago, corchjay said:

So bammer is grey shirting top 100 players now.  I thought I had seen it all in recruiting but obviously not.  It's beyond description.  

After this, I believe that the yard gnome could sell people in hell a gallon of gas. This is really unbelievable that an athlete of his caliber would not have enough self worth to tell the turds to stick it. He and his handlers(family?) must have been offered a LOT!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ellitor said:

They were and he wants to go there. I think he was told a bit before then that Bama didn't have an immediate scholly offer hence the tears. My point with my post is even if Jarez is open to other schools where he can get on scholly & play immediately his family would not even let that be an option because they have vested interest$.

Sound like good folks. 

6 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

What I wonder is, why would anybody ever greyshirt. If you can't practice until the next spring, then the season is over. You might as well go JUCO or even sit out the year like Stidham did and enroll early. 

If you go juco you have to stay there til you get your Associates degree and your 5 year clock to play 4 starts immediately. For Parks that would be 2 years at a juco & 2 years lost on his 5 year clock. If you gray shirt your 5 year clock does not start til you are a full time student. Parks can wait til next January to start classes & do so full time.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Unless they find a handful of DEs with more potential that they want more.  

Something people need to realize is that Parks was a nobody who never played a down of football just a couple of years ago.  Also, in December his rankings on the recruiting sites plummeted (still top 100-150 depending on the site, but about a 50 place drop).  I would not be surprised AT ALL if Saban was just playing him to keep him off another SEC roster.

From the videos Rivals posted on their youtube channel, he had rough reps during army all american practices and was a non-factor during the games (no stats recorded). He looked slow and hesitant. 

Recent news has probably biased me, but I think a lot of the reason for his ranking is his potential based on his physical profile. 

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

They were and he wants to go there. I think he was told a bit before then that Bama didn't have an immediate scholly offer hence the tears. My point with my post is even if Jarez is open to other schools where he can get on scholly & play immediately his family would not even let that be an option because they have vested interest$.

And I can speak to stories some of my friends who were players told me back when I was in school... it's surprisingly not uncommon to find families who will sell their kids futures for a remarkably small amount of money in their pockets right now.

He's also apparently pretty smart.  Someone posted on Rivals that he has a 4.0 and is going the med school route.

Perhaps not street smart seeing as he's letting Bama play him for a sucker, but book smart nonetheless.

1 minute ago, mikeholiday said:

From the videos Rivals posted on their youtube channel, he had rough reps during army all american practices and was a non-factor during the games (no stats recorded). He looked slow and hesitant. 

Recent news has probably biased me, but I think a lot of the reason for his ranking is his potential based on his physical profile. 

Yea... I'm sure the drop was deserved... I also know that it probably didn't make Saban very happy and it wouldn't surprise me that, come January, he still doesn't have a spot, if they don't find one for him now.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Yea... I'm sure the drop was deserved... I also know that it probably didn't make Saban very happy and it wouldn't surprise me that, come January, he still doesn't have a spot, if they don't find one for him now.

For sure. Saban seems to care little about the players themselves. Parks is screwed if Saban doesn't honor his commitment. If I were him, I would never trust someone with his track record. 

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Forgive me, but I'm judging the heck out of them. If you take control of your own child's future, in order to further your interests, in total disregard to what's actually best for your child, you suck. 

I'm not trying to start a flame war but Cecil did basically the same thing. 

4 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

I'm not trying to start a flame war but Cecil did basically the same thing. 

That's stretching it.  If Cecil would have done the same thing, Cam would have played for 2 years at Mississippi State and probably gone first round in the 2012 draft but likely not #1.

Cecil was offered money and didn't take it. If what is being speculated by some is true (and that's a big IF), this poor kids family is betting a pay-off on him waiting a year to play football with no guarantee attached.

10 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

For sure. Saban seems to care little about the players themselves. Parks is screwed if Saban doesn't honor his commitment, again. If I were him, I would never trust someone with his track record. 

Fixed it for you...

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Allegedly - and if what has been alleged is true, I find it reprehensible. 

Oh, come on Barny... don't hang me out to dry by not quoting the part where I said it was a "big IF".  that's a total AL.com move.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

That's stretching it.  If Cecil would have done the same thing, Cam would have played for 2 years at Mississippi State and probably gone first round in the 2012 draft but likely not #1.

Cecil was offered money and didn't take it. If what is being speculated by some is true (and that's a big IF), this poor kids family is betting a pay-off on him waiting a year to play football with no guarantee attached.

Of course. I'm just saying that there are parallels. This sort of thing is just a part of college football. Not that I think there is anything inherently immoral about paying players. At the heart of it, it's the fact players have market value for which they are forbidden to be compensated. Until that changes, I can't see a "clean" sport. 

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Oh, come on Barny... don't hang me out to dry by not quoting the part where I said it was a "big IF"

Holy crap, I'm sorry man. I read your post wrong. Thought you were saying IF in relation to Cam. I'm about to edit my post. 

4 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

What he said!

22 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yawn...same ol' same ol'.  

Moving on.

I love this class.

Yeah I'm just trying to keep the memory of when Bryant committed. The whole Jarez situation just leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Who cares. It is his decision.

It was implied by Ellitor that is isn't his decision. I don't care if the kid plays for Alabama. He clearly wants to. The implication was that if he wanted to play somewhere else, his parents wouldn't allow him to. That's all. 

Just now, Barnacle said:

It was implied by Ellitor that is isn't his decision. I don't care if the kid plays for Alabama. He clearly wants to. The implication was that if he wanted to play somewhere else, his parents wouldn't allow him to. That's all. 

Even if his parents have a direct influence, it is still his ultimate decision. Parents can't go to college for him nor play on Saturday nights. I don't know why people are going berzerk. He has to live with the consequences of it.

Archived