2017 4* Buck Jarez Parks

ellitor

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Won't matter if his parents are All Bama$$$$

Even if... that would make his parents terrible people, too.

Question, if he grayshirted, could Alabama decide not to take him next December?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Question, if he grayshirted, could Alabama decide not to take him next December?

Doubt if a verbal agreement is binding.  But, I don't know for sure.

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Yes...without a bit of remorse and the kid will be screwed. But...bammers can't help themselves 

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

2. he actually waits until January to enroll, and if he's lucky, they take him then.

They can enroll as part time students in the Fall paying their own way. They then go Full Time in January on scholly & their 5 year clock to play 4 years starts at that point.

If he is waiting to see if the other kid qualifies with luck he will know by summer.  If other kid doesn't qualify he signs with bama. If other kid qualifies and others schools still have slots open he could still sign with them. However if NCAA has not cleared other kid and he goes to bama then he is screwed and will pay own tuition at least for Fall Semester. That is how I read it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

10 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

So... once he graduates high school, are there an limitations on recruiting him, or do the same rules apply as they do to a high school athlete?

If you don't sign anything you can be recruited by other schools.

11 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

PTB is legit. That makes me even more angry that you would rather sit a year than go to AU. ?

Yeah. Edited that post to reflect PTBs actual words. I got crossed.

Hey question for you you want to play power 5 football and get a free education? No I would rather ride the bench and pay out of pocket for a subpar school like Updyke U, absolutely baffling, this kid needs a mentor, badly. 

Just now, oracle79 said:

Doubt if a verbal agreement is binding.  But, I don't know for sure.

Yeah if they can decide not to take him, then this is as bad of a decision as I can imagine. If the 2018 DL class is as good as I've read here (relative to this years class), then Alabama is going to be in the mix to pull in another haul of studs, and he may never have a chance. 

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Yes but that's not gonna happen. There is nothing binding in any way with gray shirting.

Yes but that's not gonna happen. There is nothing binding in any way with gray shirting.

That's what I mean. If nothing is binding, then Alabama could decide they don't want him this time next year, right?

3 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If he is waiting to see if the other kid qualifies with luck he will know by summer.  If other kid doesn't qualify he signs with bama. If other kid qualifies and others schools still have slots open he could still sign with them. However if NCAA has not cleared other kid and he goes to bama then he is screwed and will pay own tuition at least for Fall Semester. That is how I read it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yes but the Fall would only be part time enrollment which aint that bad financially at Bama.

4 minutes ago, WeagleTheBeagle said:

So does anyone know why there were crystal balls coming in for Parks to AU?  Even from our own "insiders"?  What gave them optimism?

The chatter behind the scenes & how hard we were pushing as PTB said.

That's what I mean. If nothing is binding, then Alabama could decide they don't want him this time next year, right?

They could but my point is they aren't going to. He has too much potential for them to pass on them then.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

They can enroll as part time students in the Fall paying their own way. They then go Full Time in January on scholly & their 5 year clock to play 4 years starts at that point.

Yea, but one thing I read said that he stated that he was going to wait until January to enroll.

Just now, ellitor said:

They could but my point is they aren't going to. He has too much potential for them to pass on them then.

10-4, so maybe not that risky if Alabama is really wherer he wants to go. 

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Pay his own way... rriiiiiiight :glare:

Just now, ellitor said:

Unless they find a handful of DEs with more potential that they want more.  

Something people need to realize is that Parks was a nobody who never played a down of football just a couple of years ago.  Also, in December his rankings on the recruiting sites plummeted (still top 100-150 depending on the site, but about a 50 place drop).  I would not be surprised AT ALL if Saban was just playing him to keep him off another SEC roster.

Just now, Barnacle said:

10-4, so maybe not that risky if Alabama is really where he his family want$ him to go. 

FIFY

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Pay his own way... rriiiiiiight :glare:

You know what I mean. Why do you think I really said it's not bad financially at Bama?

What I wonder is, why would anybody ever greyshirt. If you can't practice until the next spring, then the season is over. You might as well go JUCO or even sit out the year like Stidham did and enroll early. 

You don't think those tears were genuine?

They were and he wants to go there. I think he was told a bit before then that Bama didn't have an immediate scholly offer hence the tears. My point with my post is even if Jarez is open to other schools where he can get on scholly & play immediately his family would not even let that be an option because they have vested interest$.

Archived