Malzahn possibly not calling plays

Dual-Threat Rigby

Went back and looked at that play too...

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

While I don't disagree with what you are saying, the blocking scheme they used for the play was the issue, not the execution.  The center and guard double teamed one of the defensive tackles leaving a wide open hole for the linebacker.  I can't imagine they have been practicing taking out the linebacker and then, two plays in a row, decided not to.

Again, we go back to Hand's record.  The guy apparently does not know how to coach blocking schemes.

I know KJ is probably mad cause I think he knows if he bounces it out to the left he probably scores on that play... but I think he saw that hole was so wide open right in the middle for a second, but there was a defender plugging it just as fast with no one blocking and made a good play on KJ who was being pretty tough to bring down one on one until then..

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/25/2016 at 7:14 AM, AURaptor said:

If an offensive ' guru ' like Gus can't figure out how to call plays... what purpose does he serve ? Seriously, this was suppose to be HIS ship, and he was going to set matters right.  Auburn FAST !! , and all that. :gofig: 

What's his deal ? Why is he seemingly blanking it up now ? 

Art Briles, Hugh Freeze, Steve Spurrier, to name a few, are offensive head coaches who at some point turned over play calling to their OC to focus on Head Coaching duties. I have no issue with him turning over the play calling to his protege. Maybe it will free up his own creativity during game planning during the week. 

Archived