injuries from the ole miss game

WinningTradition

42 minutes ago, Linayus said:

Crazy to think he's only a month removed from surgery on his freaking knee and he's already jogging. Does all the heal faster than muscle?

He is very young.  Everything heals faster when you are very young.

For Golf, a mosquito bite could take years to completely heal.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's also amazing how far these surgeries have come in recent years...the process is cleaner and less invasive and the benefits of early and aggressive PT have revolutionized the field. It doesn't hurt that AU has the nation's premiere orthopedist. Last, I think that A Petersons recovery a few years ago is undervalued in terms of the idea that these athletes are stronger faster and quicker to recover these days than even a decade ago. 

48 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

He is very young.  Everything heals faster when you are very young.

For Golf, a mosquito bite could take years to completely heal.

Sometimes they never heal.

It was just a torn meniscus, not one of the major ligaments. Normally takes a few weeks to heal. Similar to Ben Roethlisberger who will be back in about 4 weeks after his injury.

9 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

image-301225-topicbig-hgdf-301225.jpg

"We must ferret out and purge this site of every single mustard-biscuit eating communist who threatens our way of life."

I'll bet they put sugar on their grits, too

3 minutes ago, Hook said:

I'll bet they put sugar on their grits, too

Mustard on biscuits is a southern tradition, but sugar on grits is a Cardinal sin. Rates right up there with yankee's that eat sugar on tomatoes. (Probably like golf):-\  WDE

5 hours ago, WDEKC said:

It was just a torn meniscus, not one of the major ligaments. Normally takes a few weeks to heal. Similar to Ben Roethlisberger who will be back in about 4 weeks after his injury.

Big Ben is playing this week.

11 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Mustard on biscuits is a southern tradition, but sugar on grits is a Cardinal sin. Rates right up there with yankee's that eat sugar on tomatoes. (Probably like golf):-\  WDE

Yeah I'm a damn yankee and if my Mom had seen me put mustard on one of her biscuits, which she made everyday of her life, she would have slapped me across the head.

58 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yeah I'm a damn yankee and if my Mom had seen me put mustard on one of her biscuits, which she made everyday of her life, she would have slapped me across the head.

I'm very southern golf, and I would never put mustard on my biscuits; just good ole butter.

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I still remember after boot camp I went to Massachusetts for AIT. The first time I went into a restaurant and asked for ice tea or grits they looked at me like I lost my mind. WDE

12 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I still remember after boot camp I went to Massachusetts for AIT. The first time I went into a restaurant and asked for ice tea or grits they looked at me like I lost my mind. WDE

Scene: Mess Hall, Boot Camp, Fort Lost-in-the-Woods, State of Misery

"WTF is that???"

Me, "Grits"

"What's a grit???"

ETA - Really, Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri

1 minute ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Scene: Mess Hall, Boot Camp, Fort Lost-in-the-Woods, State of Misery

"WTF is that???"

Me, "Grits"

"What's a grit???"

"Grits"! They used to be papers's I sold for a nickle a long time ago. Golf probably remembers them. :Sing:

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

"Grits"! They used to be papers's I sold for a nickle a long time ago. Golf probably remembers them. :Sing:

Hell, even I do.

Never bought one though. Sorry.

Malzahn referenced again last night during Tiger Talk that all players practiced this week.  I would assume that included Javaris Davis?  I am most concerned about losing him in particular, but should he be resting his hyperextended knee?

49 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Malzahn referenced again last night during Tiger Talk that all players practiced this week.  I would assume that included Javaris Davis?  I am most concerned about losing him in particular, but should he be resting his hyperextended knee?

Most of what I have heard is that all are ready but playing depends on if we need them. If not it would be wise to rest them. Just my guess. WDE

4 hours ago, Timeslider 6 said:

This game will be inconsequential by half time, this will be a chance to build depth and Gus won't have to play any injured. He can save them for the final stretch.  

You talk too much. Vandy may surprise the good guys.

8 minutes ago, blueridge said:

You talk too much. Vandy may surprise the good guys.

I will be surprised if Vandy scores more than 10 points.

Vandy'so defense is pretty darn good. Tigers better be ready. By the way, I like my biscuits with butter and Welch's grape jam. One more note about the game, the dores hold a two game winning streak over the Tigers.

22 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Big Ben is playing this week.

Possibly, but likely won't be anywhere near 100%. It's a surgery now though that for anyone in reasonably good shape can come back to pretty close to full strength in about a month or so.

Archived