injuries from the ole miss game

WinningTradition

I just spoke with Tre's mother. They *are* saying it's a high ankle sprain but he's practicing today (as @aufan57 noted) and they think he will play Saturday.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More info on injured players. I was not aware that Stove got injured Saturday night. Anyone have on info on specifics?

On Tuesday, Auburn coach Gus Malzahn updated senior receiver Tony Stevens'status, saying that he was “hoping to get him back” in time for Saturday’s game against Vanderbilt.

Malzahn did not go into specifics about the other four injured players: receiver Eli Stove, defensive lineman Andrew Williams, linebacker Tre' Williams and cornerback Javaris Davis. Tre’ Williams injured his left ankle in the second half of last week's victory, but AuburnUndercover was told an X-ray on it came back negative. Afterward, he was seen with a wrap on his left ankle.

Source

12 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

More info on injured players. I was not aware that Stove got injured Saturday night. Anyone have on info on specifics?

No... he looked a little gimpy after his last carry. Not a major limp or anything... just feeling it.

I see no mention of Deshaun Davis. I never like it when the coaches wait for someone to ask about a specific player before fessing up that they are hurt.  It usually means they will be limited.

Davis is the biggest concern right now for sure. Surprised about the super optimistic quotes on williams. Much like KJ, they'll see how much weight he can put on it then start some agility drills to test the ankle. 

4 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Davis is the biggest concern right now for sure. Surprised about the super optimistic quotes on williams. Much like KJ, they'll see how much weight he can put on it then start some agility drills to test the ankle. 

Thanks for sharing! 

Having both D. Davis and T. Williams out at the same time is not good! That's both inside linebackers. Yes, we have subs for them. And yes, there is a reason those guys are subs. I don't see us walking through Vandy and UGA anyway. Take two starting LB's out of the deal and we could have a serious problem!

Can anybody provide a link to info on Deshaun Davis injury. I have searched but could not find anything. I know Javaris Davis was injured. Getting them confused? 

2 hours ago, aufan57 said:

Can anybody provide a link to info on Deshaun Davis injury. I have searched but could not find anything. I know Javaris Davis was injured. Getting them confused? 

Deshaun davis was not injured. Javarius was injured on a kickoff coverage .  it looked bad too. I would be surprised if he played. 

3 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Deshaun davis was not injured. Javarius was injured on a kickoff coverage .  it looked bad too. I would be surprised if he played. 

I think Deshaun was also injured.  I remember seeing him limping off of the field.  I think he may have re-aggreivated his injury from Mississippi State.

"Everybody is gonna practice today, so if everybody practices today it's usually a good sign," - Gus from his conference yesterday.  This confused me a little because this was taken from his conversation when referencing Stevens and Williams.  I assume everyone also means Javaris Davis, whom we will need dearly.  If I were Gus (which I am not), I would rest all of the banged up players and see how the backups do against Vanderbilt that do not have a redshirt still.  Throw them into the fire.  Vanderbilt's offense would be the one to test them on.  If they can't handle that offense, then put the starters in.  I would rather have them rested up for Georgia and Alabama, than play them this week at 70-80% and not let them ever fully heal.  My suggested route would give them experience in the SEC, deepening our depth for next year.

So now: In this thread we have Deshaun Davis injured and Deshaun Davis not injured. We have Tre Williams with a high ankle sprain and Tre Williams practicing today. Does anybody have factual information?

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So now: In this thread we have Deshaun Davis injured and Deshaun Davis not injured. We have Tre Williams with a high ankle sprain and Tre Williams practicing today. Does anybody have factual information?

Tre Williams was in fact injured and was in fact practicing Tuesday.  That was confirmed by Gus.  Tony Stevens was also practicing Tuesday.  Deshaun Davis was seen limping off of the field during the Ole Miss game on the same leg he was limping on in Mississippi State, but as none of the coaches have made an issue from it.  I don't think it is serious.  The quote above in my post is from Gus himself of saying everyone practiced, but I do not know the extent.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

Having both D. Davis and T. Williams out at the same time is not good! That's both inside linebackers. Yes, we have subs for them. And yes, there is a reason those guys are subs. I don't see us walking through Vandy and UGA anyway. Take two starting LB's out of the deal and we could have a serious problem!

While I totally agree with you about not wanting both out, I think it's a good time for it.  Vandy and UGA have the worst and second worst passing offenses in the SEC, and Georgia has the worst rushing offense. Time for the subs to step up. I think we can count on our line to pick up any slack.

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Tre Williams was in fact injured and was in fact practicing Tuesday.  That was confirmed by Gus.  Tony Stevens was also practicing Tuesday.  Deshaun Davis was seen limping off of the field during the Ole Miss game on the same leg he was limping on in Mississippi State, but as none of the coaches have made an issue from it.  I don't think it is serious.  The quote above in my post is from Gus himself of saying everyone practiced, but I do not know the extent.

Per Pass the Biscuits

18 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Davis is the biggest concern right now for sure.

If anyone knows, it's him. I personally hope we sit him until the Iron Bowl if it will get him ready.

I believe he was referring to Javaris Davis and not Deshaun Davis in that quote since Javaris is the only Davis specifically mentioned as injured. Deshaun was limping but that doesn't mean he was significantly injured. Hope not at least!

6 minutes ago, lca408 said:

I believe he was referring to Javaris Davis and not Deshaun Davis in that quote since Javaris is the only Davis specifically mentioned as injured. Deshaun was limping but that doesn't mean he was significantly injured. Hope not at least!

Makes sense.  I'm still concerned about Deshaun.  It has been noted a couple of times that he was slowed by injury against Ole Miss, and he was obviously limping and often moving slow between plays.

17 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Per Pass the Biscuits

Not that it matters all that much, but I pulled that from his press conference.

18 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Not that it matters all that much, but I pulled that from his press conference.

Yea... PTB has access to inside knowledge that won't come out in press conferences.

4 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Sooooooooo which Davis is hurt? D, J, K, M, C, TJ, or R?

:dunno:

Only D & J ATM, IIRC, but IDK. Should be OK IYAM. K, TTYL, WDE

(I never get tired of this joke.) 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Only D & J ATM, IIRC, but IDK. Should be OK IYAM. K, TTYL, WDE

(I never get tired of this joke.) 

lol!  tx 4 that.

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

This is correct and factual. My bad for not clarifying.

everyone is day to day except j. Davis. Waiting for more info on him about his injured right knee.

i also mentioned that I'm a bit surprised that Williams was practicing, but the sprain must not be too severe. The usual goal is to start agility drills and pushing off to see if the ankle is game ready.

the other issues appear to be less serious.

I don't like having 2 beat up inside LBs considering we are facing one hell of a RB this week in Ralph Webb and Nick Chubb after that. Even though both teams we will be facing are not as good as us it could create lots of problems because of how naturally talented both those backs are.

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

While I totally agree with you about not wanting both out, I think it's a good time for it.  Vandy and UGA have the worst and second worst passing offenses in the SEC, and Georgia has the worst rushing offense. Time for the subs to step up. I think we can count on our line to pick up any slack.

I don't think we are good enough to win SEC games while sitting players out so they will be fresh for the Iron Bowl. That day may come in a year or so but this season we need all hands on deck for every conference game. If somebody needs to sit out over a non-serious injury, let them sit for Al. State.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

I don't think we are good enough to win SEC games while sitting players out so they will be fresh for the Iron Bowl. That day may come in a year or so but this season we need all hands on deck for every conference game. If somebody needs to sit out over a non-serious injury, let them sit for Al. State.

I would agree with you if we weren't playing two of the worst teams in the SEC. I'm MUCH more concerned about having everyone as close to 100% as possible for the Iron Bowl. We're too close to turning a dumpster fire into a magical season for us to lose the big game because of injury.

Keep in mind... we just beat a team that was dramatically better than either Georgia or Vandy, and we did it with Davis playing hurt and Williams out for part of the game (the part that we arguably played better, mind you).

Archived