injuries from the ole miss game

WinningTradition

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I would agree with you if we weren't playing two of the worst teams in the SEC. I'm MUCH more concerned about having everyone as close to 100% as possible for the Iron Bowl. We're too close to turning a dumpster fire into a magical season for us to lose the big game because of injury.

Keep in mind... we just beat a team that was dramatically better than either Georgia or Vandy, and we did it with Davis playing hurt and Williams out for part of the game (the part that we arguably played better, mind you).

RB1 was on the shelf for Arkansas and most of MSU, too. He could've played against Arkansas and was ready if needed. He wasn't needed so he didn't play.

Not sure we can't treat these guys the same way for this next little stretch. 

And, like you said, SEC teams are not all created equal. The SEC East, for the <I forget, exactly> consecutive year, is the worst division in all of the P5 conferences. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Play 'em until we are up 31-0, then they can rest their injuries. They will still have ASU to sit out. It's real easy to out-smart yourself when thinking of holding players back for "the future".

"Funny thing happened on the way to the CFP...if that damn UGA/Vandy guy hadn't run that kick back for a TD we'd have won!" :)

I think if they need to hold out Deshaun Davis, Tre WIlliams, Eli Stove, and Javaris Davis, then they will for the Vandy game. They need these guys for sure, when they go to Athens..and then another 2 weeks for the ALabama game.

D. Davis was limping a lot in the second half. It may be affecting his explosiveness when going for the tackle. 

If Tre WIlliams has a high ankle sprain, I never hear that that is a quick healer and most of the time players are not able to go for a few weeks. I hope it is not that. Or he is the exception to those who cant heal fast on high ankle sprains.

For Eli Stove it didnt seem to slow him down to much, but he surely was limping slightly and he seemed to not cut as quick as he wanted too..even though his speed was still pretty good. Hope this is day to day i think.

Javaris Davis may be the worst of the injured. It seemed to be a hyperextension, but that is a guess. 

On 10/31/2016 at 6:38 PM, augolf1716 said:

You have got to be a communist..... mustard on biscuits omg

mustard on a patty sausage and biscuit. mmmmmmmmmm

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Only D & J ATM, IIRC, but IDK. Should be OK IYAM. K, TTYL, WDE

(I never get tired of this joke.) 

???

Just now, AUinTLoosa said:

???

I suppose it's not necessarily a joke, but wry commentary on how the English language is being replaced by acronymic tweenspeak? 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I suppose it's not necessarily a joke, but wry commentary on how the English language is being replaced by acronymic tweenspeak? 

Aha -

Thanks for the hint/pointer

Google I should search.

2 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Aha -

Thanks for the hint/pointer

Google I should search.

Hah, no, nothing on Google. Maybe I should just say "running gag". And it's just me. I just make myself laugh by writing sentences almost entirely in acronyms. It's not funny. Or clever. 

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hah, no, nothing on Google. Maybe I should just say "running gag". And it's just me. I just make myself laugh by writing sentences almost entirely in acronyms. It's not funny. Or clever. 

Oh IDK. TFFW?

(am I getting it right?)

12 hours ago, grandpajay said:

Dang, look who's talking !!!!

Too many damn old farts around here. gotta get rid of all of them. All they talk aout are hip/knee replacements...and can't spll worh a damn

21 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Go back home comrade

image-301225-topicbig-hgdf-301225.jpg

"We must ferret out and purge this site of every single mustard-biscuit eating communist who threatens our way of life."

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 2:02 PM, Mikey said:

Play 'em until we are up 31-0, then they can rest their injuries. They will still have ASU to sit out. It's real easy to out-smart yourself when thinking of holding players back for "the future".

"Funny thing happened on the way to the CFP...if that damn UGA/Vandy guy hadn't run that kick back for a TD we'd have won!" :)

Right. I can kind of see overlooking Vandy b/c they don't have the athletes we do. But we should never take GA for granted. They do have our caliber of athletes, they get up to play us like nobody else, and just b/c they have not won this year like they usually do don't mean they can't put together 1 good game and catch us overconfident and beat us.

Anything on Malik Miller?

I haven't heard anything since he got banged up a few weeks back. Sorry if I've missed it.

9 minutes ago, bryanlooney said:

Anything on Malik Miller?

I haven't heard anything since he got banged up a few weeks back. Sorry if I've missed it.

AUBURN, Ala. — Malik Miller is not ready to return to the field quite yet, but he's getting closer.

The freshman running back underwent surgery to repair his left knee injury Oct. 3 following a 58-7 victory against Louisiana-Monroe.

"He’s actually jogging now this week and he’s trying to get healthy," Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said. "Put it this way it’s going really well, he’s progression and he’s worked extremely hard."

Miller had nine carries for 45 rushing yards in the 58-7 victory Saturday against ULM. He also scored a touchdown in which he ran over two defenders on his way to the goal line.

Source

Crazy to think he's only a month removed from surgery on his freaking knee and he's already jogging. Does all the heal faster than muscle?

Archived