I really want to be wrong with this prediction. I think

AUIH1

uga will win easily (10+) against us next week.  Sean White is hurt and if he can't go or throw then the QB position is in shambles.  It is likely our best player on O (Pettway) will be out or at least really limited.  With those two out, our O will look like 2015.  

Our D has played poorly for 2 straight games.  uga has enough weapons on O to wear us out and they will if the D that played against Ole Miss and especially against Vandy shows up again.  Beating us will make uga's season and we will get their best shot.  One would think Gus would have us ready for uga at least one time as a HC.   Next week would be a good time.

wde

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly I thought we were doing fine with JF3. Besides the fumble, the offense was moving. The problem in the first half was our D, which couldn't get off the field, and limited us to few possessions the entire first half. With a few halftime adjustments the D was much better and JF3 would have had more time to get something going.

Not saying I'm not glad SW came in -- I am. He's our started and he did give us a spark. But JF3 was playing well enough and I think he would have carried us to a W anyway.

1 minute ago, msza said:

Honestly I thought we were doing fine with JF3. Besides the fumble, the offense was moving. The problem in the first half was our D, which couldn't get off the field, and limited us to few possessions the entire first half. With a few halftime adjustments the D was much better and JF3 would have had more time to get something going.

Not saying I'm not glad SW came in -- I am. He's our started and he did give us a spark. But JF3 was playing well enough and I think he would have carried us to a W anyway.

giphy.gif

Just now, DAG said:

giphy.gif

Yes, I'm serious . . .and don't call me Shirley.

Our D couldnt get off the field the first half. Vandy absolutely dominated TOP, which gave the illusion that our offense was paltry but they were moving pretty well the short period of time they were out there. I am absolutely not saying I prefer JF3 to SW, but he did okay minus the fumble.

29 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

uga will win easily (10+) against us next week.  Sean White is hurt and if he can't go or throw then the QB position is in shambles.  It is likely our best player on O (Pettway) will be out or at least really limited.  With those two out, our O will look like 2015.  

Our D has played poorly for 2 straight games.  uga has enough weapons on O to wear us out and they will if the D that played against Ole Miss and especially against Vandy shows up again.  Beating us will make uga's season and we will get their best shot.  One would think Gus would have us ready for uga at least one time as a HC.   Next week would be a good time.

wde

Sean is in good enough shape to play. He was killing it until the missed pass interference call today.

As for Georgia's weapons, going into today, they had nearly the worst overall offense in the SEC. Vandy beat them. Our D is going to be on a mission next week.

IF Pettway is good to go, I imagine he and the rest of the backfield can produce enough to outscore uga's offense against our D. 

That being said, I feel it's more likely SW is closer to 100% and that Bubba sits, which in that case, if we get a passing attack going early (which I feel is essential is SW is good to go considering he needs to be as ready as possible for Bama) then our backfield won't notice TOO much of a drop off without bubba.

i really hope we aren't without both, if that's the case hopefully jf3 channels his inner 6 td's minus the opposing team baiting our players into getting kicked out. 

I also thought JF3 was not all bad. Fumble, yes. He can't lose the ball like that. But I saw 80 make a great catch on the line for SW and miss one that hit both hands when thrown from JF3. I that drive didn't end there, it may have been totally different. 

Vandy is a better team than UGA.....we should be able to run to the outside on them and throw the ball down the field. The boy wonder QB throws a lot of balls high and collapses under pressure. You shut down Chubb their offense sputters. Should be an easy win as long as we don't allow them to hang around.

2 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

I think you are underestimating KJ. The run game will be fine. Way not to panic. 

No panic.  I have just watched the last 10 years of this series plus the 2006 game.

wde

This is the game to finally let sean and this passing game loose. No more of this marcus davis and tony stevens crap. Seen way to many dropped balls over the years from them. Play our actual PLAYMAKERS you know the freshmen and let er rip. 

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

So you think we should just stay home and rest the team for Alabama?   Wait..... Vandy beat Ga in Athens.   Ole Miss tromped Ga in Oxford.   Shawn White left the Vandy game standing on his own two feet.  Bubba is day to day so I would at least hold the phone for awhile before you bench him.  Our two starting linebackers wil be back also.

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

One would think Gus would have us ready for uga at least one time as a HC.   Next week would be a good time.

wde

I also think it would be good for Gus to have the guys prepared for next week. Although Auburn did win 2013 and 2015 was not a blowout. 

7 hours ago, msza said:

Doesn't seem like folks want to believe this but I think you are right. First half we ran 26 plays for 116 yds. Second half we run 40 plays. While I do think JF3 has a limited passing playbook, as people love to point out on here, he had a drop that would have extended a drive for sure.

With you a 100% about SW. I am glad he came in, but defense had a bad first half. What if we had 40 plays in the first had? Think we would have had some more points? Probably.

The offense is miles better with Sean...the running game w/ Pettway is so much more effective b/c the D is not crowding the line.  If JF3 was remotely accurate and capable of hitting difficult throws the D would back up a little.  Then there's also the matter of ball protection.  We would be feeling bad about our loss today had Franklin been left in.

10 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

The offense is miles better with Sean...the running game w/ Pettway is so much more effective b/c the D is not crowding the line.  If JF3 was remotely accurate and capable of hitting difficult throws the D would back up a little.  Then there's also the matter of ball protection.  We would be feeling bad about our loss today had Franklin been left in.

While I agree with SW and the O being better, just a few facts to think about. Granted JF has not thrown much but I think he is completing around 63% of passes. So not sure the "remotely accurate" comment. We also only had 26 offensive snaps in the first half yesterday. While his fumble was not good, the D could not get off the field in the first half. The D played better in 2nd half and gave us 40 snaps. If you want to look at efficiency. We got 10 points out of 116 yds and 27 plays in first half compared to 13 points, 272 yds and 40 plays in 2nd half. Based on the first half production, the 2nd half yardage should have netted us 23 additional points in the 2nd half.

Not saying it was better, just more efficient for the opportunities that they had.

8 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

No panic.  I have just watched the last 10 years of this series plus the 2006 game.

wde

Did you notice in those games they had a coach named Mark? They now have a coach named Kirby the Frog. You are not going to see the same uga that you saw under Mark. MMW. WDE

8 hours ago, msza said:

Yes, I'm serious . . .and don't call me Shirley.

Our D couldnt get off the field the first half. Vandy absolutely dominated TOP, which gave the illusion that our offense was paltry but they were moving pretty well the short period of time they were out there. I am absolutely not saying I prefer JF3 to SW, but he did okay minus the fumble.

JF3 had six yards of passing in the first half and offense was not moving. So if Shaun had not coming in I do not believe we would have won this game. 

Archived