I really want to be wrong with this prediction. I think

AUIH1

30 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

While I agree with SW and the O being better, just a few facts to think about. Granted JF has not thrown much but I think he is completing around 63% of passes. So not sure the "remotely accurate" comment. We also only had 26 offensive snaps in the first half yesterday. While his fumble was not good, the D could not get off the field in the first half. The D played better in 2nd half and gave us 40 snaps. If you want to look at efficiency. We got 10 points out of 116 yds and 27 plays in first half compared to 13 points, 272 yds and 40 plays in 2nd half. Based on the first half production, the 2nd half yardage should have netted us 23 additional points in the 2nd half.

Not saying it was better, just more efficient for the opportunities that they had.

Trot Franklin out against UGA and watch Auburn lose. He is not a bad player. He is just not a complete enough passer to keep the opposing defense honest. Kid just needs more work in the passing game. 

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Trot Franklin out against UGA and watch Auburn lose. He is not a bad player. He is just not a complete enough passer to keep the opposing defense honest. Kid just needs more work in the passing game. 

Not saying that or implying that, what I am saying is that most of our issues yesterday in the first half were defensive. It's not like we set the world on fire in the second half, we had more plays hence opportunities. 

Franklin was 2 for 4 and honestly one of those incompletions should have been caught. Not saying he is great but I'm not sure we know what he can actually do yet.

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

The offense is miles better with Sean...the running game w/ Pettway is so much more effective b/c the D is not crowding the line.  If JF3 was remotely accurate and capable of hitting difficult throws the D would back up a little.  Then there's also the matter of ball protection.  We would be feeling bad about our loss today had Franklin been left in.

you have to actually throw first. Truth is , none of us know how effective JF3 can be throwing the ball. As soon as Sean came in the play calling changed 100%. What seems to be holding JF3 back is Gus, and Rhett. I remember thinking yesterday that if Rhett would just throw deep about two, or three times, completed or not, it would back Vandy up , and JF3 could then probably run out of the stadium.

My two cents follows underneath:

I think the the majority of you are freaking out. It just took UGA a last minute drive to beat kentucky. Sure, UK is closer to the top than they have been this year, but they're still 5-4..... and have not beaten a team with a winning record this season. UGA also got smattered in oxford, looks terrible against Florida, and got beat by Vandy on their home turf. Some of you will come back with: "well we almost lost to vandy on our home field as well!"

My fellow auburn men and women, if Pettway's leg doesn't goof up, we win by two touchdowns. He was 10 yards ahead of any defender and they were not going to catch him.

Sean White is probably fine and you are probably overreacting. Williams and Davis will be back on the line backing core this week as well. Defense will improve. Fret not.

2:30 game on CBS next week. I expect us to be ready to go. 

I love the six yards passing stat line everybody is using. Funny stuff but I agree with the over blown qb play. But at the same time I've seen a couple of bad plays ruin the momentum of a game and snowball effect ruin another qb on our roster as well. 

People kept saying how he needed reps in the other games passing for situations......just like this

Everytime I see jf3, I see a diminished playbook. I'm not prepared to judge his passing because the last time I saw him throwing was that rainbow against ulm (?). I'm new in here and trying to tread lightly, but looks to me like c.r.l. was gonna try to beat Vandy without passing at all. how many attempts? I didn't count but I can't remember more than 3 or 4 pass attempts, and we've seen how many attempts he gets in 4th qtr clean-up: 0. It may be true that jf3 can't pass, but I don't think we've seen enough. he's handcuffed. 

To the o.p: The uga game won't be overlooked or played at 11:00 like vandy, and picking us apart with timing slants and back shoulder throws will work for our opponents who are able to (ole miss) but probably not enough to win. war eagle

I think if Auburn scores a touchdown in the first half instead of the fumble, the blowout would have been on,  I believe it was a classic trap game and Auburn overcame a lackluster performance. There are a lot of players from the state of Georgia on the roster so I think the play will be better because of motivation.

Auburn historically has had a tough time with Vandy, yesterday's win tied the all time record at 21-21-1 strange but true, and Vandy had taken the last two meetings. 

1 minute ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

My two cents follows underneath:

I think the the majority of you are freaking out. It just took UGA a last minute drive to beat kentucky. Sure, UK is closer to the top than they have been this year, but they're still 5-4..... and have not beaten a team with a winning record this season. UGA also got smattered in oxford, looks terrible against Florida, and got beat by Vandy on their home turf. Some of you will come back with: "well we almost lost to vandy on our home field as well!"

My fellow auburn men and women, if Pettway's leg doesn't goof up, we win by two touchdowns. He was 10 yards ahead of any defender and they were not going to catch him.

Sean White is probably fine and you are probably overreacting. Williams and Davis will be back on the line backing core this week as well. Defense will improve. Fret not.

2:30 game on CBS next week. I expect us to be ready to go. 

Hope your right friend. What I saw yesterday was a team that sleep walked through most of a game that was in doubt up until the final minutes against a 4-4 perennial SEC doormat. I also saw a highly touted defensive line get their tails kicked for the better part of three quarters, and failed for 90% of the game to put any pressure on the quarterback. Once again we made one of the worst QB's in the SEC look like a first round draft pick. We do that next week, and Eason will light us up.

9 hours ago, msza said:

Honestly I thought we were doing fine with JF3. Besides the fumble, the offense was moving. The problem in the first half was our D, which couldn't get off the field, and limited us to few possessions the entire first half. With a few halftime adjustments the D was much better and JF3 would have had more time to get something going.

Not saying I'm not glad SW came in -- I am. He's our started and he did give us a spark. But JF3 was playing well enough and I think he would have carried us to a W anyway.

We had 124 yds of offense and one TD.  I'm not sure how that can be considered "doing fine."  Sean made a huge difference and if not for a pulled muscle by Pettway on a easy TD run, the final is 30-16.  The difference was night and day.

Nice job of starting a thread just to say we will suck... and as soon as it becomes clear that if we win 2 more SEC games we go to Atlanta. That's a defeatist attitude if I've ever seen one.  Maybe I'll start a thread of how we are going to lose to bama?  Sounds fun. :no: 

10 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Hope your right friend. What I saw yesterday was a team that sleep walked through most of a game that was in doubt up until the final minutes against a 4-4 perennial SEC doormat. I also saw a highly touted defensive line get their tails kicked for the better part of three quarters, and failed for 90% of the game to put any pressure on the quarterback. Once again we made one of the worst QB's in the SEC look like a first round draft pick. We do that next week, and Eason will light us up.

So according to this....we sleep walked to a win over a team that beat UGA, but we are gonna have to play so much better to beat UGA?  Doesn't add up. 

2 minutes ago, FoundationEagle said:

So according to this....we sleep walked to a win over a team that beat UGA, but we are gonna have to play so much better to beat UGA?  Doesn't add up. 

We may beat UGA, but we won't by just showing up. They will be hinging their entire season on next Saturday. We will see an inspired football team, in a very hostile environment, we play like we did yesterday, and we will be going home with our tails tucked, and our feelings hurt. I can guarantee you that.

I'm not sure why people are thinking Sean won't be playing. If he was bale to play this week wouldn't he be more available next week?   as far as Franklin, how do we know he wasn't capable of throwing the ball? I my have missed one but wasn't only a couple of pass plays called? I don't think any offensive scheme works if the play caller simply determines we are going to run the ball each down. 

10 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

uga will win easily (10+) against us next week.  Sean White is hurt and if he can't go or throw then the QB position is in shambles.  It is likely our best player on O (Pettway) will be out or at least really limited.  With those two out, our O will look like 2015.  

Our D has played poorly for 2 straight games.  uga has enough weapons on O to wear us out and they will if the D that played against Ole Miss and especially against Vandy shows up again.  Beating us will make uga's season and we will get their best shot.  One would think Gus would have us ready for uga at least one time as a HC.   Next week would be a good time.

wde

I am sure you will get your wish and be wrong. You feel better now. Again this is "NOT" a Mark Ritch led uga team. WDE

UGA will be up to playing us...won't overlook us.  They have more talent than Vandy but just haven't been putting the pieces together correctly.  If they play up to potential they most certainly can win, however I think the match-ups favor AU.  I feel like Vandy played to their ceiling yesterday.

52 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Not saying that or implying that, what I am saying is that most of our issues yesterday in the first half were defensive. It's not like we set the world on fire in the second half, we had more plays hence opportunities. 

And play calling

28 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

We had 124 yds of offense and one TD.  I'm not sure how that can be considered "doing fine."  Sean made a huge difference and if not for a pulled muscle by Pettway on a easy TD run, the final is 30-16.  The difference was night and day.

We ran 26 plays, so we were averaging 10 yards per play. That is how one can consider the offense production in the first half to be fine. The problem is that we had very few offensive opportunities because our D was on the field most of the first half. That isn't JF3's fault.

19 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

JF3 can't throw deep. So I agree, we could be in trouble if we still have players hurt and can't play.

Not trying to start a sh**storm but we haven't exactly been burning it up throwing deep this year.

1 minute ago, 80Tiger said:

Are you talking about not calling enough passes?

Go back and watch the game again. The play calling changed totally as soon as Sean went in the game. My contention all along is that if JF3 can't throw the football, he has absolutely no business being the backup QB at Auburn.

8 minutes ago, msza said:

We ran 26 plays, so we were averaging 10 yards per play. That is how one can consider the offense production in the first half to be fine. The problem is that we had very few offensive opportunities because our D was on the field most of the first half. That isn't JF3's fault.

Check your math MSZA, but I get what you are saying. Give the O another 10 plays in the first half and would they have scored more? 

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

Go back and watch the game again. The play calling changed totally as soon as Sean went in the game. My contention all along is that if JF3 can't throw the football, he has absolutely no business being the backup QB at Auburn.

I don't have to rewatch the game, I asked if you are talking about not throwing enough passes in the first half. If so I agree with that. 

Just now, 80Tiger said:

I don't have to rewatch the game, I asked if you are talking about not throwing enough passes in the first half. If so I agree with that. 

Yes! absolutely! A good couch takes a young QB that may have questionable throwing skills, and gives him plays with easy throws that gives him confidence, and lets him get into a rhythm. As soon as I heard JF3 was starting I told my friend that if Lashlee hands the ball up the middle, then runs a zone read ,then we get the kid into third and long passing situations he would fail, and kill his confidence. Almost exactly what happened.

Archived