I have been a critic of Pat Dye,

AUIH1

Sitting there watching the second half, specifically the quarter unfold in Athens, I told me friends that UGAs execution and plan for the 4th qtr looked very reiniscent of how UAT plays in the 4th.  They milked the clock, wore down our defense and left some of our players looking flat footed at times.  Then when we were finally able to get our hands on the ball, we looked inept.

I hate that it gives bowl-cut Kirby more ammo to nega-recruit AU. He can say "we're having a crappy season and still beat those guys". SO FRUSTRATING

On 11/13/2016 at 5:36 PM, CleCoTiger said:

And yet you think that the UGA coach should have been hired at AU.  LOL'ing at you.  Your logic...isn't.

Where/when have I ever posted that Smart should have been hired at AU?

wde

47 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Where/when have I ever posted that Smart should have been hired at AU?

Gee, I don't know....maybe he got the idea from this post of yours: "...Pat Dye wanted AU to hire Kriby Smart over Gus.  Smart just out coached Gus with a far inferior team." Think that was it? 

Just now, Mikey said:

Gee, I don't know....maybe he got the idea from this post of yours: "...Pat Dye wanted AU to hire Kriby Smart over Gus.  Smart just out coached Gus with a far inferior team." Think that was it? 

Again.  Where in that post did I say Smart should have been hired?  Merely pointing out what Dye wanted and that Smart out coached Gus with a far inferior team on Saturday.

At the time (2012) when this topic came up about Dye wanting Smart, I made a few posts that I thought Smart and Gus were basically the same type of hire in terms of risk factor (one was an O guru with very little HC experience and the other a D guru with no HC experience).  I leaned toward Gus because I believed him to be a true O guru and I thought Kirby probably was shielded by Saban.

Since uga hired Smart, I have made posts saying it will be interesting to see how Smart is doing after year 3-4 at uga versus where Gus is/was at the same time in his career as AU's HC.  

Head to head.  Round 1 goes to Smart.  That is all that matters presently.

I don't know whether or not Smart should have been hired at AU instead of Gus.  

wde

I wouldnt say smart did anything special.  If we dont give them a pick six, we win even though we didnt make a first down in the second half. 

Archived