After weekend of anti-Semitic acts, Clinton urges Trump to ‘speak out’

AUDub

Hillary Clinton called on President Trump on Tuesday to speak out against anti-Semitic vandalism and threats after more than 170 Jewish graves were found toppled at a cemetery in Missouri.

A tweet from Clinton did not specifically mention the gravesite disturbances in University City, Mo., but noted increasing reports of “troubling” threats against Jewish community centers, cemetery desecrations and online intimidation.

She urged her former presidential campaign rival to lead denunciations amid complains by critics that the White House has not spoken out forcefully enough against anti-Semitic acts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/02/20/scores-of-headstones-vandalized-at-st-louis-jewish-cemetery-jewish-centers-threatened-across-country-as-jewish-centers-receive-threats-across-country/?tid=pm_national_pop&utm_term=.c7d23bdde412

Didn't know it was this widespread. A friend that is a member at the Levite JCC here in Birmingham told me yesterday that they did receive a bomb threat. The president needs to issue an unequivocal condemnation of this.

2 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/02/20/scores-of-headstones-vandalized-at-st-louis-jewish-cemetery-jewish-centers-threatened-across-country-as-jewish-centers-receive-threats-across-country/?tid=pm_national_pop&utm_term=.c7d23bdde412

Didn't know it was this widespread. A friend that is a member at the Levite JCC here in Birmingham told me yesterday that they did receive a bomb threat. The president needs to issue an unequivocal condemnation of this.

He did, in the same article you posted. FYI

8 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

He did, in the same article you posted. FYI

They've updated the article. Prior to that he had not spoken. Check the URL. 

I'm glad he's done so, and with one much better than his daughter's, no less. 

Levite JCC and several other Jewish Community Centers received bomb threats today, and another Jewish cemetery was vandalized. 

Archived