Favorite TV shows of all time

BamaGrad03

When I was a kid....

1. scooby-doo, captain caveman, hong kong fooey

2. welcome back kotter, sanford and son

3. chips, dukes of hazzard, bj and the bear

When I was a high schooler....

1. Miami Vice, A-Team, St. Elsewhere, Hill St. Blues, Magnum PI

2. Friday Night Videos (if you lived in Nasville in the mid-80s and didn't have cable, you'd understand)

When I was a young adult....

1. Sienfeld, spin city, ER

Presently....

1. The Sopranos, NYPD Blue (I have seen EVERY episode of this series, will hate to see it go), 24, Law and Order CI, The Wire, ER, 6 Feet Under, Deadwood, The Shield

2. That 70's show, Scrubs, Entourage

One all-time favorite show.... Homicide: Life on the Street (best TV show ever, IMO)

BTW, it's a cying shame that 2 out of every 3 shows on network TV today is one of those d*** reality shows. I guess putting a bunch of muldoons in a room and have them act like the trash that they are is cheaper and easier than writing a creative drama or comedy series.

2. Friday Night Videos (if you lived in Nasville in the mid-80s and didn't have cable, you'd understand)

145454[/snapback]

This also applies to those of us that grew up in New Orleans and didn't have cable. Wow, haven't thought of that show in years.

Night Gallery

Twilight Zone

Friends

SIMPSONS :homer:

Twin Peaks

Bonanza (Ahh, To be young again!)

Mission Impossible

Barney Miller

The Tonite Show (W/ J. Carson) :D

Andy Griffith

Tim, I'm shocked that you didn't put the Auburn Football Review on your list!

as kid in the 70's my all time favorite shows were lassie, superheros and space giants

through the 80's includes pac man, gi joe, richie rich, the cosby show, cheers, night rider, blue thunder, voyagers, dukes of hazard and the A-team.

in college (early 90's) saved by the bell (at least 5 to 6 episodes a day), er, sienfeld, chips (syndication), dallas (syndication) and real world 'l.a. and san fran'

through the late 90's continued with friends, er and sienfeld.

currently my wife and i watch csi: las vegas, american dreams and lost.

favorite all time show has to be sienfeld and close behind is dukes of hazard. damn daisy duke.

One word:  AIRWOLF

145878[/snapback]

Ok, apparently I am the only Airwolf fan in the crowd. Lets go to the present...

That 70's Show

College Gameday :big:

1970's:

The Muppet Show

Taxi

Sanford and Son

Squad 51

The Waltons

Bonanza

Dukes of Hazzard

Three's Company

Welcome Back Kotter

All in the Family

MASH

Happy Days

*Note: Cable wasn't available in the sticks then. Had 2 channels and PBS.

1980's:

Newhart

Family Ties

Spin City

Married with Children

Cheers

Mork and Mindy

Night Court

The Wonder Years

WKRP in Cincinnati

Rosanne (the first 2-3 years)

Get a Life

Tracy Ulmann Show

Soap

1990's:

Ren and Stimpy

Southpark

Beavis and Butthead

Home Improvement

Seinfeld

Wings

Hermans Head

Dear John

3rd Rock

Simpsons

X Files

The Drew Carey Show

Fraiser

That 70's Show

ER

2000's:

Survivor

The Amazing Race

Scrubs

1970's:

The Muppet Show

Taxi

Sanford and Son

Squad 51

The Waltons

Bonanza

Dukes of Hazzard

Three's Company

Welcome Back Kotter

All in the Family

MASH

Happy Days

*Note: Cable wasn't available in the sticks then. Had 2 channels and PBS.

1980's:

Newhart

Family Ties

Spin City

Married with Children

Cheers

Mork and Mindy

Night Court

The Wonder Years

WKRP in Cincinnati

Rosanne (the first 2-3 years)

Get a Life

Tracy Ulmann Show

Soap

1990's:

Ren and Stimpy

Southpark

Beavis and Butthead

Home Improvement

Seinfeld

Wings

Hermans Head

Dear John

3rd Rock

Simpsons

X Files

The Drew Carey Show

Fraiser

That 70's Show

ER

2000's:

Survivor

The Amazing Race

Scrubs

147024[/snapback]

OMG get up off the couch!!!! :D

I have seen it listed a couple of times here, but The Barney Miller show was hilarious.

bmillergang.jpg

Abe Vigoda .... Det. Phillip K. Fish, was too funny.

Fish (speaking to Wojo as he tried to open a window) "You'll never open that window. They nailed it shut in 1932 - on the day this building was condemned."

One day Barney sees Fish putting rubber bands around his legs to hold his socks up. Barney says "Doesn't that cut off your circulation?"

Fish deadpans to the audience "I have no circulation".

Deitrich: begging...the world,s oldetst profession

Wojo: I thought that was prostitution..

Deitrich: Well, somebody had to ask for it!

http://www.debw.com/barneymiller.html

BG, you gotta do something when you're from Pell City! And, that list only covers 34+ years :D

As a kid: Friday Night Fights..... we didn't have a TV and all I ever saw was when I went with my dad to watch the fights at my uncle's house!

Growing up once we had a TV: Twilight Zone, Man from UNCLE,

70's: MASH, Barney Miller (a police leutenant friend of my brother insists that it is the most realistic police show ever done), Taxi, Happy Days.

80's: Night Court, WKRP, Airwolf, A Team

90's to Present: Law & Order, all except Criminal Intent, can't handle that one. Early X-Files, NYPD Blue.

Did any of you old farts watch "Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom" on Sunday nights back in the '70s? I always tuned in to see what vicious animal Marlin Perkins would have his assistant, Jim Fowler, get too close to. I think ol' Jim wound up getting mauled by a couple of lions, a hippo, and a dingo or hyena.

Call me weird........But, I loved Punky Brewster.....Mainly because I thought she was Freakin' Hot, and that she'd be Hot when she grew up......And I was Right. But the All-Time Favorite of mine has to be Dukes Of Hazard........Man, I loved Daisy, and the General Lee.

Call me weird........But, I loved Punky Brewster.....Mainly because I thought she was Freakin' Hot, and that she'd be Hot when she grew up......And I was Right.  But the All-Time Favorite of mine has to be Dukes Of Hazard........Man, I loved Daisy, and the General Lee.

148079[/snapback]

That did it, I am now...speechless :eek2:

Dukes of Hazzard was OK as a pre-teen...Catherine Bach was one of my early crushes (along with Erin Gray, Victoria Principal, Pam Dawber and Lynda Carter) and since I couldn't drive at the time, it was the best thing on Friday night.

The episode of WKRP when Carlson had the turkeys dropped from a helicopter was classic...

What was totally weird was staying over at my grandparents' for a weekend and watching TV with them...they'd watch Love Boat, Fantasy Island, then turn over and watch Solid Gold. As a 13 year old, watching the Solid Gold dancers with your 74-year old grandfather was, shall we say, awkward as hell.

The episode of WKRP when Carlson had the turkeys dropped from a helicopter was classic...

148116[/snapback]

"They're hitting the ground all around me!!! OH, THE HUMANITY!" - Les Nessman

Archived