Ward Churchill: 9-11 Victims like Eichmann...

DKW 86

Link

Scholar Defiant Amid Furor Over 9/11 Remarks

Feb 9, 1:50 AM (ET)

By Keith Coffman

BOULDER, Colo. (Reuters) - A University of Colorado professor under fire for comparing World Trade Center victims to a Nazi war criminal on Tuesday refused to apologize for his remarks.

"I am not backing off an inch," said Ward Churchill, drawing an ovation from a standing-room-only crowd of about 1,200 students and backers gathered in a ballroom. "I owe no one an apology."

Churchill, who filed a lawsuit earlier in the day after officials at the state-funded university had threatened to cancel his speech, said his central message was that the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks had been provoked by U.S. foreign policy.

"Naturally and inevitably, what you put out will blow back on you and that's what happened," Churchill said.

In his essay, "Some People Push Back," written shortly after Sept. 11, Churchill said the hijackers had mounted "counterattacks" in the face of hostile U.S. policy in the Middle East and a campaign of "genocide" against Iraq through the trade sanctions imposed after the first Gulf War.

In the essay, later revised for a book, Churchill also said that World Trade Center victims could not be seen as innocent, calling them "little Eichmanns," a reference to German World War II criminal Adolf Eichmann.

"True enough, they were civilians of a sort," he wrote. "But innocent? Gimme a break. They formed a technocratic corps at the very heart of America's global financial empire."

:blink::blink::blink:

But he's expressing his 1st amendment :poke: , plus he has the support of the ACLU :no:

145584[/snapback]

Theres a difference between the 1st amendment and hate speech.

145590[/snapback]

You need to brush up on your constitutional law. This is the argument some liberals use when some conservatives complain about speech codes on college campuses. Those liberals are wrong and so are you.

This clown is destined for that SPECIAL place in Hell. Attentnion whores like him are of no concern to me.

Archived