Vice President Pence’s “never dine alone with a woman” rule isn’t honorable. It’s probably illegal.

Auburn85

18 hours ago, japantiger said:

Good lord...we are truly lost when an honorable man puts his wife first is now somehow doing something wrong...these people are completely ****** up...

It's like no one's ever heard of the term, "paparazzi."  To be sure, they tend to follow well-known actors & athletes but prominent politicians fall in the celebrity category too.   Smdh.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, not sorry. I'm not going to applaud Pence for having a moral code when he voted to kill funding for HIV/AIDS treatments in favor of conversion therapy and takes money from big tobacco to say smoking doesn't kill. I'll applaud him when he doesn't pick and choose when and where to act moral. 

54 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Sorry, not sorry. I'm not going to applaud Pence for having a moral code when he voted to kill funding for HIV/AIDS treatments in favor of conversion therapy and takes money from big tobacco to say smoking doesn't kill. I'll applaud him when he doesn't pick and choose when and where to act moral. 

Based on your track record of little to no information, I question your sources and the basis on which you believe what you do believe. Also, no one is asking you to applaud  him. 

If a law partner only has lunch with male associates, they have an edge. If clients won't have lunch with female associates, they can't advance or even need to be hired. Business takes place over lunch. If females are exempted, they're discriminated against and disadvantaged in their jobs. This ain't hard for sensible people of this century. Morons, of course, will struggle to understand.

18 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

If a law partner only has lunch with male associates, they have an edge. If clients won't have lunch with female associates, they can't advance or even need to be hired. Business takes place over lunch. If females are exempted, they're discriminated against and disadvantaged in their jobs. This ain't hard for sensible people of this century. Morons, of course, will struggle to understand.

Tough. 

Have meetings in open, business environments. Not one on one dinner situations. 

This really and truly is making a mountain out of nothing. 

Pence isn't making any sort of edict or decree from his VP office. He's simply revealing his own, personal views on the matter. Females aren't 'exempt ', either. Just not one on one, alone, with him , in a private situation. 

Morons, truly, will struggle to understand. You got that part right. 

16 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

Tough. 

Pence isn't making any sort of edict or decree from his VP office. He's simply revealing his own, personal views on the matter. Females aren't 'exempt ', either. Just not one on one, alone, with him , in a private situation. 

If you want to ban all business related lunches/dinners, that's one thing. Oppressive and strange, but ok. If we don't do that, then the alternative is for people to grow up. 

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

If you want to ban all business related lunches/dinners, that's one thing. Oppressive and strange, but ok. If we don't do that, then the alternative is for people to grow up. 

Probably should ban golf courses as meeting places too.

10 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Who is saying that ? No one ! Not even Pence himself ! Good grief,  Enough w/ the gorram red herrings ! This faux outrage at one man's personal code of conduct is truly telling. Screw " tolerance ", it's OUR way, or grow up? 

<_<

9 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Probably should ban golf courses as meeting places too.

Or learn how to play golf ? 

1 hour ago, AURaptor said:

Tough. 

Nailed it. These other ramblings are incoherent, childish, partisan, etc.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Who is saying that ? No one ! Not even Pence himself ! Good grief,  Enough w/ the gorram red herrings ! This faux outrage at one man's personal code of conduct is truly telling. Screw " tolerance ", it's OUR way, or grow up? 

<_<

Nah, you're just saying no one can can have a one on one meal. Or is that just for women?

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Nah, you're just saying no one can can have a one on one meal. Or is that just for women?

Evan Williams?

50 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

When Pence imposes Sharia like rules for the rest of us, I'll side with you. Deal? 

When Pence imposes Sharia like rules for the rest of us, I'll side with you. Deal? 

You make no effort to understand anything.

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You make no effort to understand anything.

That's because the bat guano nonsense being put out by those fidgeting over this NON issue refuse to see reason. 

Take off your james brown wig and relax. 

I will just assume that this thread is an April Fool's joke even though it was posted on Friday. So I think it is sexist for when men only have affairs with women. They should be forced to have affairs with men too, even if they are not bisexual. This discrimination against women MUST STOP!

This a bunch of nothing being stirred into something by people whom it doesn't concern.

He and his wife have set some boundaries for themselves to protect their marriage from allowing temptation even an opening.  I assume the same rule is in place for her (she doesn't dine alone with another man).  That is their thing.  They may not be the boundaries I'd set, but it's something that they've decided is best for them.  I applaud them both for taking their marriage seriously in an age when so many do not.

In addition, from a purely practical standpoint, it protects him (being in a position of power he could be a popular target) from a situation that even looks compromising as well as an possible false accusations of harassment or worse. 

Bottom line:  other people need to concern themselves with their own business.

11 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

Perhaps not wanting to be alone with a woman isn't really about a moral code to protect his marriage. Maybe he just doesn't prefer women at all, deep inside. He does protest a little too loudly on homosexuality. And we all know the Right has a penchant for screaming "you can't do that" while doing exactly that in the closet or airport bathroom. Just saying.....

Haggard's Law. 

58 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

140417145434-05-biden-and-obama-0417-hor

The VP's stance involves a married man dining alone with a woman. Perhaps you should read the link first before posting an irrelevant photo? :-\

36 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

This a bunch of nothing being stirred into something by people whom it doesn't concern.

He and his wife have set some boundaries for themselves to protect their marriage from allowing temptation even an opening.  I assume the same rule is in place for her (she doesn't dine alone with another man).  That is their thing.  They may not be the boundaries I'd set, but it's something that they've decided is best for them.  I applaud them both for taking their marriage seriously in an age when so many do not.

In addition, from a purely practical standpoint, it protects him (being in a position of power he could be a popular target) from a situation that even looks compromising as well as an possible false accusations of harassment or worse. 

More butthurt from the usual suspects. Nothing to see here. 

35 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You're viewing this from the perspective of Pence and his marriage. Try viewing it from the perspective of people who need to meet with the Vice President who would not able to because of this.

This sort of attitude that Pence has would not be a problem if Mike Pence was just a shop owner in Indiana with his own peculiarities, but it becomes a big problem if this view is more broadly shared in society and men occupy the vast majority of positions of power in our society. If men in positions of power won't meet in private with women but they will with men, then women are disadvantaged. Sexism, plain and simple.

I see the point about Mike Pence and his wife's marriage, but Pence's attitude, when held more broadly in a society dominated by men, presents a serious problem. Fine for his marriage, bad for equality.

20 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

You're viewing this from the perspective of Pence and his marriage. Try viewing it from the perspective of people who need to meet with the Vice President who would not able to because of this.

This sort of attitude that Pence has would not be a problem if Mike Pence was just a shop owner in Indiana with his own peculiarities, but it becomes a big problem if this view is more broadly shared in society and men occupy the vast majority of positions of power in our society. If men in positions of power won't meet in private with women but they will with men, then women are disadvantaged. Sexism, plain and simple.

I see the point about Mike Pence and his wife's marriage, but Pence's attitude, when held more broadly in a society dominated by men, presents a serious problem. Fine for his marriage, bad for equality.

I wonder if he's agreed not to hire anyone pretty? We know they have no pact preventing him from lying to defend an amoral depraved narcissist. I guess Billy didn't have a rule for that. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Pence seems slower than Dan Quayle to me. 

What's their 40 time? And why does it even matter ? 

Archived