Racial Protests now planned

DKW 86

Obviously the only way to get through life is to hire nobody but black people. But then again - when people get fired or demoted, it would be black ppl and then they'd sue too.

White people should be forced onto the streets.

How come we don't have press conferences when black people get promoted?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How could it have been handled better? Maybe we could have continued to pay them for three more years, like an ex-coach? <_<   What is your suggestion?

Firing someone via the "restructuring" card is code word for "I have my reasons and I don't have to tell you." It's not a race thing. If you're going to eliminate multiple jobs, especially not long after you move into a position with the power to do that, at least give a reason. At least sound professional if you aren't going to act like it.

This whole thing stinks of Lowder anyway...

I am very disappointed in Stacy Danley.  Note that the white guy has been neither mentioned nor interviewed.  Guess fired white guys are a dime a dozen.  Or maybe he is too busy putting together a resume and looking for another job so he can do the best thing for him and his family.

Exactly, Jenny.........What about the White Guy?? He might be trying to Dig up some Crap on Auburn to make himself look better :blink: .......If Stacy's doing what's best for his Family then he'd get off his ASS and go looking for another Jay Oh Bee........You know what you get when you go digging for Crap??? Crap all over Your Own hands. What, Stanley's going to bring up stuff about Pat Dye? or Terry Bowden.........How does this make Danley and Harris look? Yea, I'll bet they get Great Jobs...........Hey, lets Hire this guy that Cries Race everytime he's fired. Just Ludacris, I tell ya.

IMPORTANT FLASHBACK:

Remember Jacobs initial press conference when he was hired. There was this strange moment where he teared up and talked about how he was a father and had to take care of his family first and how he was willing to fire people no matter how hard the decision. It was a sort of bizarre statement, but perhaps this had been in the works for some time.

Considering that white people pretty much don't get to play college football anymore, I think this protest is pathetic. You give some people an inch and they'll take a mile.

It was a sort of bizarre statement, but perhaps this had been in the works for some time.

Yeah, this isn't about race, Jacobs is right about that. What this is about is *gasp* sketchy politics at Auburn...surprise, surprise.

If you eliminate multiple jobs soon after you take position, you better give a better reason than "restructuring".

If you and a couple of other goons secretly hop on a jet owned by another prominant BOT member, you better have a better reason for doing so than "consulting"....good grief they'll never learn. :no:

I hate it when people use the race card too...don't get me wrong. People LOVE to fling that thing around waaaaay too often. But if you're going to fire someone, ESPECIALLY if they're black, don't give them the opportunity to use the race card. Let it be known why they were fired. Jacobs decided not to give a reason and this is what he gets.

It could've been handled better...just like the hiring of a competent athletic director. :(

I think the term "restructuring" is totally appropriate in this case. You just don't come out and say, "We're letting these guys go because they weren't cutting it." There's no need to go into specifics and I think most people read into it whatever they want to. I'm not just referring to this situation. Think of any head coach being fired. They don't say the obvious, "We're 5-30 the last three years so this dude's gotta' go." They always say "We're going in another direction."

As an administrator, you don't publically berate an employee in a situation like this. If you've got to let them go then so be it. Handle it with class and let him leave with dignity. The problem here is Danley doesn't want to leave with dignity. He wants to leave with mo' money.

So getting the axe on a conference call is your idea of doing it with class?

How about a paper trail to CYA?

How about some grace time to adjust and look for a job?

How about some professionalism and maturity?

As an administrator, you don't publically berate an employee in a situation like this.

146458[/snapback]

Agree completely...never said that was necessary anyway. :blink:

Im seeing 2 sides to this issue...one side thats like," OH MY GOD HE PUT US IN THE NATIONAL SPOTLIGHT, HE SHOULDNT OF FIRED BLACK PEOPLE"....then im seeing," People are fired everyday, so there black, who cares".....

Ok, I guess the first argument has a point...but cmon, anytime you fire a black person your gonna make the national spotlight. We wanted change, we got change. Put your money where your mouth is guys.

The second argument...well in today's world you cant approach it like that anymore. If you fire a black you have to be ready for the consquences....Maybe he didnt think it through the racial issue because he saw no racial issue. Does that make him a bad AD? Not automatically....I wouldnt give up on this guy because he did some spring cleaning that needed to be done.

Hell Alabama hired a white guy as coach and it was on the national spotlight....does that make Alabama automatically racist? No it does not....

VATZ is right... Bama was critcized for hiring a white coach instead of Croom and it had nothing to do with race at all. Just better qualifications and what the Shula name alone could do for Bama football. The race card is played all the time just to stir crap up.. It happens everywhere. The ND coach had the same thing going on before he was hired. Just ridiculous

Just better qualifications and  what the Shula name alone could do for Bama football.

146465[/snapback]

Well that's just not true at all...no matter what spin you put on it, sorry. Croom was better qualified than Shula. period.

I don't see why protests have to be held on the university. If they are just tryin to get attention from the media then shame on them. I mean come on, have some dignity. You got fired...deal with it. There are obviously reasons that these men got fired, all three of them, and for this to turn into a racial thing, well its just completely unecessary. It's not uncommon when a new "boss" comes in for them to make sure they have a staff that they know can perform well and they can trust. I don't see a very big problem here, but I just hope it doesn't get blown out of proportion any more than it already has.

Just better qualifications and  what the Shula name alone could do for Bama football.

146465[/snapback]

Well that's just not true at all...no matter what spin you put on it, sorry. Croom was better qualified than Shula. period.

146466[/snapback]

Thats totally untrue.

Croom -

* 1976: Graduate Assistant Coach/Centers, University of Alabama

* 1977-81: Inside Linebackers Coach, University of Alabama

* 1982-83: Outside Linebackers Coach, University of Alabama

* 1984-86: Inside Linebackers Coach, University of Alabama

* 1987-90: Running Backs Coach, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

* 1991: Running Backs Coach, Indianapolis Colts

* 1992-96: Running Backs Coach, San Diego Chargers

* 1997-2000: Offensive Coordinator, Detroit Lions

* 2001-03: Running Backs Coach, Green Bay Packers

* 2004-present: Head Coach, Mississippi State University

Shula

2 years QB coach at Miami Dolphins

2 years Tight Ends coach at Chicago Bears

2 years as coaching assitant at Dolphins

4 years as offensive coordinator for the Tama Bay Bucs

1 year as a QB coach at Tampa Bay

1 year as offensive assitant at Tampa Bay

Shula started in 88 IN the NFL. Croom started in 76 in college. He was at Tampa Bay as a RB coach before Shula ever started, but didnt get his first OCoordinator job until a year after Shula.

MORE experience doesnt mean BETTER. If that were the case, Croom would be better suited for the OU job than Stoops.

Why are they not protesting the white guy's firing?

146399[/snapback]

Yeah. why isn't anyone standing up for this guy? Is it because he's white? Nobody can be motivated because he's not black?

Has Alvin Holmes stuck his nose in it yet? Is Jessie on his way? :poke:

Wow, I almost didn't recognize Byron Franklin. He didn't mind speaking up and being in the spotlight today.

But it shows his leading ability because he wasn't talking that much about JETGATE. I guess Walker forced him on the plane.

Byron only speaks up when it's convienient for him :puke:

i find this whole situation to be bad news for :au: !

the race and gender unfairness will be here as long as the earth is still orbiting the sun or there is no longer a minority.

Here we go. Poor SD and whoever the other black gentelman is got the axe. What about Marvin Julich I worked very closely with this young man and he was outstanding at his job. Why dont we see all the powers that be in the white comunity raising cane about that. Why do we get to hear this only when the black people get jobbed. For many years :au: has nedded to trim the fat in thier athletic department. I mean how many assist Ads do we need. I jut wish it wasnt SD playing the race card. And what is this "I love AU but I will have to throw them under the bus" stuff. I mean take your ball and go home just quit crying. I was let go by a company that had 92% of thier staff paid in cash because they were illegals. Did I run to the INS nooooo I should have but didnt I took my ball and got a better job. For now just call me when the Rainbow coalition gets to town and we will ask them hard questions and put them on the spot about dealing the race card everytime a black person gets the BOOT. When will we drop this crap and just be people not white,black, yellow, green, purple with lime green polkadots. I love all people just the same just not on that one Sat in the end of Nov. But as soon as that is done I love them too. I LOVE YOU GUYS and lets hope this ends with some sane decision.

WAR EAGLE TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOOD NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here we go. Poor SD and whoever the other black gentelman is got the axe. What about Marvin Julich I worked very closely with this young man and he was outstanding at his job. Why dont we see all the powers that be in the white comunity raising cane about that. Why do we get to hear this only when the black people get jobbed. For many years  :au: has nedded to trim the fat in thier athletic department. I mean how many assist Ads do we need. I jut wish it wasnt SD playing the race card. And what is this "I love AU but I will have to throw them under the bus" stuff. I mean take your ball and go home just quit crying. I was let go by a company that had 92% of thier staff paid in cash because they were illegals. Did I run to the INS nooooo I should have but didnt I took my ball and got a better job. For now just call me when the Rainbow coalition gets to town and we will ask them hard questions and put them on the spot about dealing the race card everytime a black person gets the BOOT. When will we drop this crap and just be people not white,black, yellow, green, purple with lime green polkadots. I love all people just the same just not on that one Sat in the end of Nov. But as soon as that is done I love them too. I LOVE YOU GUYS and lets hope this ends with some sane decision.

WAR EAGLE TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOOD NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

146479[/snapback]

Great post. Thanks for weighing in. My sentiments exactly. :au:

WSFA was really eating this up. They showed footage of the protest, and then Byron Franklin voicing his opinion, but hey this is the same guy that was willing to run off Tuberville.

And the man leading the protest was told by a journalist that not just 2 black people were fired, but 2 black men were promoted.

He responded, "Nothing was gained out of the situation, 2 were promoted, 2 were fired!, That's not gaining anything"

So apparently, he has to have an advantage, he can't be treated equally. People like him wanted equal rights, so now when he has it, he wants more rights than the whites :puke:

I forgot to add something.......... also on WSFA they talked about how race relations could be in question, and ten they showed photos of when that sorority dressed up like slaves or something

You want to talk about sickening. Yes, it was embarrasing for AU, but it doesn't represent all 20,000 students

Gosh, it just pissed me off seeing that piece :puke:

Archived