Post a picture

Keeping with the Christmas theme, this guy has been hanging out in our house this year teaching our kids about the true treasure of Christmas. 20181205_061145.jpg20181205_230351.jpg20181210_222829.jpg

• Like 1

And what would Christmas in Louisiana be without Santa sleigh led by gators?  This was taken at the Sheraton in New Orleans.  The bottom picture is a chopper honoring Rodrigue and his Blue Dog series paintings.

20181208_181542.jpg

20181209_142106.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 8:31 AM, Tiger Refuge said:

A trio of creepy Santas found at a local anituque store this weekend. Merry creepy Christmas.

A3B9AF2C-9471-4291-8FBE-A9808591187E.jpeg

Is that nicotine in Santa's beard? 😂.......would make Billy Bob proud

• Haha 2

Sick baby. Just another lay on daddy type of day. 

JYSgBSk.jpg

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/13/2018 at 11:18 PM, Farmer Brown said:

This is a great story, from WW II, Doolittle's Raiders. I saw these on the flight line at Dayton, OH.

Photo04171033.jpg

A legit B-25 from the Doolittle raid? That’s awesome!

Edited by AUDub
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

A legit B-25 from the Doolittle raid? That’s awesome!

I don't think it was actually one of the original planes, but definitely is an authentic B-25. It was the 70th Anniversary of Doolittle's Raid on Tokyo. There were about 25 of them there and the last known survivor of the raid was also there.

Edited by Farmer Brown
  • Like 1

On 12/13/2018 at 11:18 PM, Farmer Brown said:

This is a great story, from WW II, Doolittle's Raiders. I saw these on the flight line at Dayton, OH.

Photo04171033.jpg

My father was on the USS Hornet CV8 that they launched from. He was a CPO and worked below deck but he got a chance to see one of the Raiders take off. The Hornet was later sunk in the battle at Santa Cruz. My dad made it out of the engine room with the help of two guys he never saw before or afterward. The door was jammed from torpedo fire and they had to go through the electrical duct. They abandoned ship and he waited to be picked up in the water. He had an amazing story to tell about that event. 

Screenshot_20181216-084858~2.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

This is Buddy, a stray who came to us with Parvo. He's now a survivor. Good dog but loves to bark which is a huge difference from our other dog who hardly ever barks. 

KIMG1235.JPG

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gr82be said:

My father was on the USS Hornet CV8 that they launched from. He was a CPO and worked below deck but he got a chance to see one of the Raiders take off. The Hornet was later sunk in the battle at Santa Cruz. My dad made it out of the engine room with the help of two guys he never saw before or afterward. The door was jammed from torpedo fire and they had to go through the electrical duct. They abandoned ship and he waited to be picked up in the water. He had an amazing story to tell about that event. 

Thank God for your Dad. Mine was on the island of Eniewetak. He was a Sea Bee. They built one of the forward supply air bases for the invasion of Japan. Thankfully, that didn't happen.

1412486_10201641715261472_123804192_o.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, gr82be said:

Have watch the Military Channel and seen the episode on the sinking ............unbelievable heroism

My Dad, air force, and 2 uncles, Marines were in the South Pacific all three made it back one with a purple heart

• Like 2
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, Farmer Brown said:

My Dad, who was nineteen years old in the South Pacific. WWII

lockscreen_wallpaper.jpg

This picture was made on the island of Eniewetok. It was a miracle how we came in possession of it and others.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Aw man. You can see it in her eyes. Get well, babygirl. 

Just left the doctor. Has an ear infection and is positive for type A influenza. Dammit. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

ouch

Welcome to the world of four girls of school or daycare age. 

Know my pain. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1