Fantasy Football?

madkat7

3 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I guess it’d depend on your scoring system PPR or Traditional. If I’m high first round, say top 5 in a PPR, I’m aiming for CMC, Cook, Kamara. Then second round get a solid WR or perhaps Kelce. It’d be hard to get 2nd round quality on a RB once the draft flips over and you have to draft late 2nd. Ideally you get maybe a solid WR in the 2nd and probably follow that up with another solid WR and start looking for RBs that get a lot of passing down work or if another good WR is available snatch him up. Most of the time your top tier TEs will be gone mid 3rd round. You can get a Waller type TE later for pretty good value. 

Dobbins is going to be a hoss and maybe one to target past the 1st round if not back end 1st round. 

Agreed on Dobbins.  I think Najee will get a lot of work. If at 5 and he’s available on the swing, it would be tempting since you could still probably get a Cooper/Woods or CeeDee in early 3rd. Yea after those 3 TEs it really drops off. I still think Andrews gets too much stock. Goedert needs Ertz to go. And why did the Patriots have to get Henry to go along with Jonnu. Jonnu could make a play at those 3 if not on Pats. 

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Agreed on Dobbins.  I think Najee will get a lot of work. If at 5 and he’s available on the swing, it would be tempting since you could still probably get a Cooper/Woods or CeeDee in early 3rd. Yea after those 3 TEs it really drops off. I still think Andrews gets too much stock. Goedert needs Ertz to go. And why did the Patriots have to get Henry to go along with Jonnu. Jonnu could make a play at those 3 if not on Pats. 

Way back in the day, if memory serves me correctly, Hernandez was supposed to be TE1 and Gronk the complimentary TE.  On Harris I’ve read some stuff about the Pittsburgh OLine being trash so it may take a lot of volume for him to get his points.  Cook may be sneaky with the Chargers since he’s going to be the main TE there. 

• 2 months later...

So, got an email saying the group has auto renewed.  Can we start talking about the year?  

Can we discuss having keepers this year (1-3 spots)?

Will we add a bench spot for having an extra game this season? Does the season go an extra game? (I actually think there is enough young talent to use another bench this year, especially with the way rookies have been getting roles early )

Or do we get rid of defense and kicker?

Most important, how can we get players that are committed to every week for the most part? Tired of playing against those that leave the drafted starters regardless of injury etc. 

Big fantasy news today ... Cam Akers torn an Achilles in practice.  Out for 21 season.  Big blow for him.  This was primed to be a breakout for him.  In fantasy, was going 1st round in some circles.

On 7/20/2021 at 12:39 PM, AUBwins said:

So, got an email saying the group has auto renewed.  Can we start talking about the year?  

Can we discuss having keepers this year (1-3 spots)?

Will we add a bench spot for having an extra game this season? Does the season go an extra game? (I actually think there is enough young talent to use another bench this year, especially with the way rookies have been getting roles early )

Or do we get rid of defense and kicker?

Most important, how can we get players that are committed to every week for the most part? Tired of playing against those that leave the drafted starters regardless of injury etc. 

@Coastal Tigerjust tagging you so you will see this.  Thoughts? 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Is anybody going to let me play this year?

I would like it if you would replace some of those that don't even play.  Do you like to deal?  I love making trades etc. Makes it fun.  We don't charge transactions.  I'm usually near the top of moved made,  but i am still young to the fantasy game. 

Just now, AUBwins said:

I would like it if you would replace some of those that don't even play.  Do you like to deal?  I love making trades etc. Makes it fun.  We don't charge transactions.  I'm usually near the top of moved made,  but i am still young to the fantasy game. 

But @Coastal Tigeris the commish, so he will have to get it going.  

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I've only been in one other league before, but I came in second and I loved it. After I was able to stop hunting the guy I lost to and accept the fact that I can lose and still live it was a good time!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I've only been in one other league before, but I came in second and I loved it. After I was able to stop hunting the guy I lost to and accept the fact that I can lose and still live it was a good time!

So true.  My first year I was dreadful in draft because I didnt know how to draft.  I think I made like 5 moves before the first game and picked up some solid deadline players.  Blew through the semi only to have tough luck in finals and finished 2nd. I was really wanting that worst to first that first year.  I had to let that one simmer a little lol. 

30 minutes ago, cole256 said:

25 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

So true.  My first year I was dreadful in draft because I didnt know how to draft.  I think I made like 5 moves before the first game and picked up some solid deadline players.  Blew through the semi only to have tough luck in finals and finished 2nd. I was really wanting that worst to first that first year.  I had to let that one simmer a little lol. 

I've played it for years. I'm the annoying guy who doesn't like trades and works the waiver wires like a psycho. I'm always at or near the top on the move count and at or near the bottom on the waiver priority. But I'm also always in the hunt. Have appeared in a lot of super bowls but rarely win them for whatever reason. That's just life for an Auburn+Atlanta fan I guess, lol. 

@cole256, it would be awesome if you played. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I've played it for years. I'm the annoying guy who doesn't like trades and works the waiver wires like a psycho. I'm always at or near the top on the move count and at or near the bottom on the waiver priority. But I'm also always in the hunt. Have appeared in a lot of super bowls but rarely win them for whatever reason. That's just life for an Auburn+Atlanta fan I guess, lol. 

@cole256, it would be awesome if you played. 

If there is room I'm definitely down

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2021 at 12:20 PM, cole256 said:

If there is room I'm definitely down

We always seem to be a few players light.

One thing that has me worried - @Coastal Tiger hasn't visited the site since January 31st. A) I hope he's OK and b) we may need to make plans on a new league.

59 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

We always seem to be a few players light.

One thing that has me worried - @Coastal Tiger hasn't visited the site since January 31st. A) I hope he's OK and b) we may need to make plans on a new league.

I've been getting a bit antsy over getting this going as well.  I do hope coastal is good. 

On 8/14/2021 at 10:02 AM, AUBwins said:

I've been getting a bit antsy over getting this going as well.  I do hope coastal is good. 

Hey Gents, WDE!!!  All is good over here, thanks for the good vibes and well wishes.  Longtime since I visited the site due to heavy workload right now.  I'll play and can renew league/send invites, but I don't really have time to manage it as commish this year unfortunately. Would be glad to make one of you co-commish or hand over the reigns if I can figure out how to do that in commish tools.  I'll probably spend most of the season managing from the Yahoo app.  I'm down with keepers if that's the consensus.  Let me know @AUBwins @McLoofus @Auctoritas @aubearcat @aujeff11(if you still are in ban-land, lol) @auburntiger1987 @weathergeakal @jAUSon @GwillMac6 @Tiger of who is in / who is out this year.  Any others besides @cole256, respond here if y'all would like to play and we can see if we can make numbers work.  

• Like 2

Awesome! Yea I’d like keepers. Any newbies can take someone’s roster over that doesn’t respond to this to start with keepers. I def would like to try that this year. After setting up the draft, does commish essentially just approve trades through if needed. I don’t think I’ll have time to manage it consistently to take it on, but maybe we can just roll with trades. With this group, we haven’t had mischief regarding stacking teams. Except @McLoofus and his 200 point team :poke:

i definitely think we need a yay if you are playing or get replaced. Tired of playing stagnant rosters of no interactions. 

Edited by AUBwins

Also if anyone else needs another in another league let me know. I don’t play with money though lol. 

I’m in and would prefer keepers (3 is a pretty good number to me). Draft based on previous finish from the previous season. 

I'm in again. 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, aubearcat said:

I’m in and would prefer keepers (3 is a pretty good number to me). Draft based on previous finish from the previous season. 

I bet it would be, says Mr McCaffrey,Ekeler, and Davis (did you still have him? )

You could have the comeback squad of the year lol

I’m not sure I’d keep Ekler. Probably C-Mac, Allen, and Jefferson