Fantasy Football?

madkat7

15 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yes,  he will be a 10th round selection this year.  Great value for him. 

Okay, so only 2 receivers can start at a time, right? Because I'm not getting rid of Tyreek Hill, and I do like Johnson as a 10th rounder a lot, but I don't like letting Terry McLaurin go as a 4th rounder, either. I worry about D'Andre Swift's injury, but he seems a value as a 5th rounder, as well. So it seems best to just keep 2 receivers and Swift, and Johnson as a 10th rounder seems the greater value than McLaurin in the 4th. 

Then again, who knows how Big Ben's arm is going to do this year. And the Steelers won't be throwing as much with Najee Harris in the backfield. And there's also Juju and Claypool for Big Ben to throw to. And McLaurin is in a much better offense now than he was a year ago...I just don't know.

Just now, Rednilla said:

Okay, so only 2 receivers can start at a time, right? Because I'm not getting rid of Tyreek Hill, and I do like Johnson as a 10th rounder a lot, but I don't like letting Terry McLaurin go as a 4th rounder, either. I worry about D'Andre Swift's injury, but he seems a value as a 5th rounder, as well. So it seems best to just keep 2 receivers and Swift, and Johnson as a 10th rounder seems the greater value than McLaurin in the 4th. 

Then again, who knows how Big Ben's arm is going to do this year. And the Steelers won't be throwing as much with Najee Harris in the backfield. And there's also Juju and Claypool for Big Ben to throw to. And McLaurin is in a much better offense now than he was a year ago...I just don't know.

You can use your receiver as the flex option also.  You get 1 QB,  2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, and 1 flex (WR, RB, or TE).

Either way, you will want to have quality guys on your bench to be able to change out your starters based on the best matchups. 

For instance, anyone going against Jaire Alexander will have a tough time producing at WR regardless of talent.  So you may start someone that is going against a more porous Defense.

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

You can use your receiver as the flex option also.  You get 1 QB,  2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, and 1 flex (WR, RB, or TE).

Either way, you will want to have quality guys on your bench to be able to change out your starters based on the best matchups. 

For instance, anyone going against Jaire Alexander will have a tough time producing at WR regardless of talent.  So you may start someone that is going against a more porous Defense.

Ah, I didn't know about the flex option. I know you want to have quality on the bench, but my thought was about having the third keeper be someone who might not be starting most weeks as opposed to a solid RB2 option. However, since you can start 3 receivers, I might very well keep Hill, McLaurin, AND Johnson and just go heavy on RB early on, because all 3 are going to be getting a bunch of targets.

@AUBwins I asked this on the Yahoo board already, so if you answered it there you can ignore this, but how is the draft going to go? Will it give us a certain amount of time to make our selection before it makes a selection automatically, or what?

4 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Ah, I didn't know about the flex option. I know you want to have quality on the bench, but my thought was about having the third keeper be someone who might not be starting most weeks as opposed to a solid RB2 option. However, since you can start 3 receivers, I might very well keep Hill, McLaurin, AND Johnson and just go heavy on RB early on, because all 3 are going to be getting a bunch of targets.

Yep,  just to screw your mind up again lol.  Keep in mind,  RB is a very feeble position.  The draft usually goes heavy on RB early,  and drops off quickly as far as reliable starters go.  So you may find that a lot of people will keep RBs and not as many available.  You definitely have options. 

5 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

@AUBwins I asked this on the Yahoo board already, so if you answered it there you can ignore this, but how is the draft going to go? Will it give us a certain amount of time to make our selection before it makes a selection automatically, or what?

Yes, i think we are set up for 90 seconds between picks.  Yahoo will pick the suggested best Pick when time runs out.  If you have the time, it will actually benefit you to create a predraft rankings list.  The option is somewhere on the app, not sure atm. If you make a ranking list,  it will Pick from your list.  I think it will Pick from your watch list before that if you set that as well.  Some only use predraft if you plan on letting it autodraft. 

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yes, i think we are set up for 90 seconds between picks.  Yahoo will pick the suggested best Pick when time runs out.  If you have the time, it will actually benefit you to create a predraft rankings list.  The option is somewhere on the app, not sure atm. If you make a ranking list,  it will Pick from your list.  I think it will Pick from your watch list before that if you set that as well.  Some only use predraft if you plan on letting it autodraft. 

I presume I can do that from my laptop?

Guess I won't be able to do it until you set keepers, though, so no point in it right this moment.

13 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I presume I can do that from my laptop?

Yes and it's probably easier to do it there.  I did it 2 years ago.  Didn't last year.  

16 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Did you mean to give up Hill? I see you have 3 keepers but not Hill. I only ask because you mentioned you wouldn't. 

OK draft is set like it says in the pic by Coastal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So for those that play other leagues, do you typically just join a random league on their sites?  Haven't decided if I'm going to try to play a redraft as well and not sure where I'll play.   I would prob join one that would draft soon after joining so I don't have to block off more time.  

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 8:26 AM, AUBwins said:

Did you mean to give up Hill? I see you have 3 keepers but not Hill. I only ask because you mentioned you wouldn't. 

Yes. I changed my mind about him. I wanted to keep Johnson for the value in the 10th round, and I decided that I'd rather have a bell cow type of RB that I could get with my first pick (Mixon was my third choice, if Harris had somehow gone second...or, well, third, but the #2 pick was predetermined) as well as Terry McLaurin than to just have Tyreek and lose McLaurin and probably not have one of the three RBs I'd circled make it to me in the second round. Probably not the best strategy, but I guess we'll see how it all plays out.

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Yes. I changed my mind about him. I wanted to keep Johnson for the value in the 10th round, and I decided that I'd rather have a bell cow type of RB that I could get with my first pick (Mixon was my third choice, if Harris had somehow gone second...or, well, third, but the #2 pick was predetermined) as well as Terry McLaurin than to just have Tyreek and lose McLaurin and probably not have one of the three RBs I'd circled make it to me in the second round. Probably not the best strategy, but I guess we'll see how it all plays out.

No i think that worked out.  I was hoping a RB would fall.  Just glad my top backup was there in ARob. I really got lost in the draft.  I think I stopped the bleeding fairly well, like the guys I have are solid. I over drafted a lot and missed on value.  I realized I left the cupboard bare on RB for the bench.  Maybe Michel will take it over lol.  Wish I had a better starting QB, but may not be long for fields to take over.  I like my WR choices a lot, and my final round TE. Sleeper there for TE1.  My Kicker and defense should be good to ride a while. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

No i think that worked out.  I was hoping a RB would fall.  Just glad my top backup was there in ARob. I really got lost in the draft.  I think I stopped the bleeding fairly well, like the guys I have are solid. I over drafted a lot and missed on value.  I realized I left the cupboard bare on RB for the bench.  Maybe Michel will take it over lol.  Wish I had a better starting QB, but may not be long for fields to take over.  I like my WR choices a lot, and my final round TE. Sleeper there for TE1.  My Kicker and defense should be good to ride a while. 

I'm going to be finding out how it all goes this year. I mean, despite the C grade that the thing gave me, I rather like my team. Of course, part of that bad grade could be drafting Cam in the last round, just for the heck of it. I've already replaced him on the roster (realized 4 of my 5 receivers have a buy week the same time), but I'll probably need to pick up a second QB for when Stafford has his buy.

But yeah, like I said, we'll see how it goes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I'm going to be finding out how it all goes this year. I mean, despite the C grade that the thing gave me, I rather like my team. Of course, part of that bad grade could be drafting Cam in the last round, just for the heck of it. I've already replaced him on the roster (realized 4 of my 5 receivers have a buy week the same time), but I'll probably need to pick up a second QB for when Stafford has his buy.

But yeah, like I said, we'll see how it goes.

Yep, the full team bye week is something you recognize over time.  A lot of people just draft and figure it out later. But if you have to choose, Pick a different bye week for one.   I did pick up on something from a fantasy podcast that said they like to focus on people with the latest bye weeks, especially TE and defense.  Then you basically don't have to mess with them as long as they are not hurting you.  So if I felt similar about a few guys like kicker for example,  i was ok with waiting a little later and getting Sanders with a week 14 bye. That's all season without having to worry about kicker.  The bye weeks with kickers and TE (or defense if you want to keep them) seem to be the hardest to account for. You have to make room on the roster to store them when typically you may not have that spot available.  

Also, disregard the rating yahoo gives.  It also gave me a C+ but it gave me guys that I look at and say it has balance and no reason to drop them.  Probably one of the most balanced teams I have had. Proud of that because of how it was not all according to plan.  

This is the first year that I've essentially punted on TE until last pick with a sleeper that I like a lot.  That wasn't the plan though.  Had planned to get 1 of the top 4. Draft didn't work that way for me though.  3rd year of experience though.  

I learned to plan for 2 QBs. Been burned both years at that position with multiple week injuries.  Then it can get hard to find one.  Especially when someone drafted 4! 

Edited by AUBwins

Also yahoo bases a lot of that grade based on where you drafted them.  If you reached a lot before their ADP, you get a lower value score.  But getting your guys is most important, which is why I grabbed Fields by a few rounds early to make sure I got him. 

image.gif.76561e283864ac5dabf315efe735c059.gifI’m here and ready to take it to that level 

55 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

image.gif.76561e283864ac5dabf315efe735c059.gifI’m here and ready to take it to that level 

For real, is there anything else you need on that team? 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

For real, is there anything else you need on that team? 

😎

59 minutes ago, Coastal Tiger said:

Injuries 🤣

He went through that last year, and kept the same guys.  Never know ..