Fantasy Football?

madkat7

7 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I'm still on the fence for my last.  Just hope Henry keeps plugging away and Ridley can stay a major player with Julio gone. Gage could be my best friend there if he comes on to give a 2nd option. 

ARob vs Carson for my 3rd most likely.  

Dude, I have LOOOOOOVED being a Chris Carson owner the last few seasons. Most steady producer in the game. Obviously doesn't have the ceiling that the elite superstars at the position have, but has one of the highest floors I've seen. Elite plug and play RB2 and very reasonable RB1 many weeks IMO. 

Not trying to sell you on keeping him, because you can make just as strong a case for ARob. I just get real chatty about him because I think he's such an uncommon- and high value relative to ADP- player. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Dude, I have LOOOOOOVED being a Chris Carson owner the last few seasons. Most steady producer in the game. Obviously doesn't have the ceiling that the elite superstars at the position have, but has one of the highest floors I've seen. Elite plug and play RB2 and very reasonable RB1 many weeks IMO. 

Not trying to sell you on keeping him, because you can make just as strong a case for ARob. I just get real chatty about him because I think he's such an uncommon- and high value relative to ADP- player. 

Yes I love both.  But that Chicago QB situation needs to resolve.  Everyone knows Fields needs to run that team to have potential.  

Another Doh! Would be Saints not going with Winston.  From a fantasy standpoint,  he would light it up for everyone involved. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AUBwins said:

OK AUFamily league is complete.  I sent an email, but please log into yahoo and set your keepers if need be. Need to be set by end of day Friday.  Instructions are on the keepers screen,  and more in the message board threads. 

@Coastal Tiger

@Auctoritas

@aubearcat

@Rednilla

@GwillMac6

@McLoofus

@cole256

Mine are set, I'm just waiting on information about the draft. I'm still not sure if my email is working right or not.

42 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Mine are set, I'm just waiting on information about the draft. I'm still not sure if my email is working right or not.

I basically repeated the email I sent in the Commissioners note for the season.  Message boards also have some info.  Draft order will be set based on the worst ranked to best ranked total ADP of those that were kept.  Then the draft will snake back and forth.  1st round Pick 1 will pick last in Round 2 for example. 

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

I basically repeated the email I sent in the Commissioners note for the season.  Message boards also have some info.  Draft order will be set based on the worst ranked to best ranked total ADP of those that were kept.  Then the draft will snake back and forth.  1st round Pick 1 will pick last in Round 2 for example. 

I'm more concerned about when it's going to happen than what the draft order is...

image.gif.94e31742fd63c79a345a6b5a69c9bb3c.gifI’m coming… I want the ‘chip this season. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I'm more concerned about when it's going to happen than what the draft order is...

Just let me know your conflicts in the draft thread on the message board and we will do our best to find a time that works for everyone.  I picked a time because it made me,  and for now put Sept 1st at 6pm CT.

Just let me know your conflicts in the draft thread on the message board and we will do our best to find a time that works for everyone.  I picked a time because it made me,  and for now put Sept 1st at 6pm CT.

Yeah, I just responded on there when I found the board on Yahoo.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

image.gif.94e31742fd63c79a345a6b5a69c9bb3c.gifI’m coming… I want the ‘chip this season. 

Gon' be tough with the new blood in the league.  Brought some in that know a thing or two about fantasy. Your struggles last year has led to a resurgence this year with a bunch of cyborg players that have been repaired lol

Gon' be tough with the new blood in the league.  Brought some in that know a thing or two about fantasy. Your struggles last year has led to a resurgence this year with a bunch of cyborg players that have been repaired lol

Just to put it out there, I have never played fantasy football before. I'm having to brush up on draft strategy here...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Just to put it out there, I have never played fantasy football before. I'm having to brush up on draft strategy here...

I would normally say,  the draft is probably the hardest part,  then the weekly part is mostly easy minus a few tough decisions on who you'd rather put in the lineup.  

This year is a little different because you are having to start thinking about next year as well.  We are only keeping 3 players so I think I would keep 2 of the same players next year if their projections hold up. So I primarily will be looking for who could be that late Round guy that could make the jump to stardom this year to gain value.  

To be quite honest, not sure how I will change draft strategy with a keeper league.  I guess it will clear up once I know who is being kept.  

Most of us will be doing something new with this Draft. 

8 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I would normally say,  the draft is probably the hardest part,  then the weekly part is mostly easy minus a few tough decisions on who you'd rather put in the lineup.  

This year is a little different because you are having to start thinking about next year as well.  We are only keeping 3 players so I think I would keep 2 of the same players next year if their projections hold up. So I primarily will be looking for who could be that late Round guy that could make the jump to stardom this year to gain value.  

To be quite honest, not sure how I will change draft strategy with a keeper league.  I guess it will clear up once I know who is being kept.  

Most of us will be doing something new with this Draft. 

Don't know if you've seen it yet, but I'm trying to get a handle on how the draft is going to work out. Based upon the message I saw about how the draft is going to go, my first round pick will necessarily be Tyreek Hill...which is all well and good, except he's #10 in PVR, so if I'm forfeiting the #1 pick for the #10 PVR, and then my next pick is #24, how is that good for me?

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Don't know if you've seen it yet, but I'm trying to get a handle on how the draft is going to work out. Based upon the message I saw about how the draft is going to go, my first round pick will necessarily be Tyreek Hill...which is all well and good, except he's #10 in PVR, so if I'm forfeiting the #1 pick for the #10 PVR, and then my next pick is #24, how is that good for me?

Sorry.  Had an orientation at the school tonight.  Yea gonna think on it more and do more research.  I think the model I was working with would be fine if everyone kept 3. But No you do not have to keep 3.

I read up and then just kept it simple, which was the goal all along.  Use the standings from last year,  worst to first.  Those bottom teams were clearly lacking the talent to even pick from.  Allow those teams to have the first pick in each of Rounds 1 and 2 before snaking it back starting in Round 3.

13 hours ago, AUBwins said:

image.gif.4646c48c7b999f6749542603cb1ac3da.gif

• Haha 2

On 8/26/2021 at 12:09 AM, AUBwins said:

I read up and then just kept it simple, which was the goal all along.  Use the standings from last year,  worst to first.  Those bottom teams were clearly lacking the talent to even pick from.  Allow those teams to have the first pick in each of Rounds 1 and 2 before snaking it back starting in Round 3.

I don't think Yahoo will allow you to keep same draft order 1st and 2nd round, then go to a snake format in 3rd round. You would have to draft offline and then enter picks after the draft to do this. Once draft order is set and you set it up for live online draft, the draft order snakes each round.

28 minutes ago, Coastal Tiger said:

I don't think Yahoo will allow you to keep same draft order 1st and 2nd round, then go to a snake format in 3rd round. You would have to draft offline and then enter picks after the draft to do this. Once draft order is set and you set it up for live online draft, the draft order snakes each round.

Dang.  Does that mean we would have to basically write everything down while drafting? 

I'll see once I get keepers entered.  I think I saw where you can manipulate the draft order before drafting. 

28 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I'll see once I get keepers entered.  I think I saw where you can manipulate the draft order before drafting. 

Yes, I think that's just setting the overall draft order, not by round.

2 hours ago, Coastal Tiger said:

Yes, I think that's just setting the overall draft order, not by round.

Actually, when you've made it a keeper league they give you the option to set each round if you choose to.  Awesome.  

20210827_153109.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Actually, when you've made it a keeper league they give you the option to set each round if you choose to.  Awesome.  

20210827_153109.jpg

Good deal, looks like you’ll have to manually set each round picks ahead of draft but that’s nice it has the functionality.  I knew I handed this off to somebody smarter than me lol.  Good job commish

• Haha 1

Now, just to ensure I understand this, since Dionte Johnson was drafted in the 10th round last season, me setting him as a keeper makes him my 10th round selection, correct?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Now, just to ensure I understand this, since Dionte Johnson was drafted in the 10th round last season, me setting him as a keeper makes him my 10th round selection, correct?

Yes,  he will be a 10th round selection this year.  Great value for him. 

I think we will be surprised with the talent in the pool.  We are finding a lot of value in the draft late.  

1 hour ago, Coastal Tiger said:

Good deal, looks like you’ll have to manually set each round picks ahead of draft but that’s nice it has the functionality.  I knew I handed this off to somebody smarter than me lol.  Good job commish

I may even be able to give @GwillMac6 4 first round picks! I got you 'Bro.

• Haha 1