Fantasy Football?

madkat7

Probably look for a different RB. One of the latest reports I read about Ekler was that his production was expected to decrease because Staley was going to use more of a rotation. 

Edited by aubearcat

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

Probably look for a different RB. One of the latest reports I read about Ekler was that his production was expected to decrease because Staley was going to use more of a rotation. 

Although, matched with McCaffrey make an excellent RB2. Sounds like you wouldn't draft until 4th round anyways.  Not sure who you'd get otherwise.  I think that's how keepers work lol

You can, or you can have a draft based on keepers and previous years finish. For example, the last place team would have their keepers and still draft 1st. Either way is pretty fun but it makes it a little easier for the bottom teams to be more competitive to have keepers and have a draft based on previous year’s finish. 

40 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

You can, or you can have a draft based on keepers and previous years finish. For example, the last place team would have their keepers and still draft 1st. Either way is pretty fun but it makes it a little easier for the bottom teams to be more competitive to have keepers and have a draft based on previous year’s finish. 

I guess as long as everyone keeps the same amount it doesn't matter.  If someone kept 2 instead of 3, would they get an extra pick then?  I do like the reverse order of finish picking, although sometimes the best place to pick is the last 3.

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

I guess as long as everyone keeps the same amount it doesn't matter.  If someone kept 2 instead of 3, would they get an extra pick then?  I do like the reverse order of finish picking, although sometimes the best place to pick is the last 3.

Probably need to keep the same amount just for congruence. I’m down for a keep 3 and draft based off finish- 12th finish last year gets first pick this year and keep working back and of course the 1st place finisher would have the last pick first round and first pick in the second round (just like a regular fantasy draft).  I think I’m a dreaded middle of the round picker. 

1 hour ago, Auctoritas said:

I'm in, no idea what keepers is, but I'm down for whatever! Glad you're doing well and are back, @Coastal Tiger!

If do a 3 keep, you’d choose the 3 players from your roster that you didn’t want in the draft pool for this season and they would be retained on your roster. Like I was telling aubwins, I’d keep C-Mac (for sure) and probably Allen and Jefferson. 

• Like 1

@Auctoritas for example if I had @McLoofusteam I’d keep Kamara, Taylor, and Waller. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Count me out this year league, thanks for inviting me

Thanks for letting us know. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jAUSon said:

Count me out this year league, thanks for inviting me

K. 

the-office-ryan-howard.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@AUBwins, I made you commish of the league as it seems like you are most involved with it, no pressure.  If you need help with league setup/transferring teams/keepers etc... just DM me.  I'm in to play, just don't have time to manage the league right now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coastal Tiger said:

@AUBwins, I made you commish of the league as it seems like you are most involved with it, no pressure.  If you need help with league setup/transferring teams/keepers etc... just DM me.  I'm in to play, just don't have time to manage the league right now.

i-just-got-a-promotion-bowen-yang.gif.c93b29cfed2c27499a01b31f731537b4.gif

Cool. That works.   I'll look over the rules and let you know.  

Right now it looks like we have 9 committed, including Cole. Would like to at least have 1 more for a 10 team league.  If the previous players don't respond by Saturday, we'll go with the line of thinking they aren't included this year.  I just want people that will play.  

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Right now it looks like we have 9 committed, including Cole. Would like to at least have 1 more for a 10 team league.  If the previous players don't respond by Saturday, we'll go with the line of thinking they aren't included this year.  I just want people that will play.  

Wouldn't it make sense for NEXT YEAR to be when we start having keepers? Because it will allow everyone to have a heads up and draft appropriately with having keepers in mind for next season.

21 hours ago, AUBwins said:

@AUBwins My fraternity brother is one of the slots (BoKnowsUrTeamIsWeak), not on aufamily.  I'm sure he'll play again this year and stays pretty active with it.  I asked him to join one year when we were in a crunch and needed to fill the league to draft.

Edited by Coastal Tiger
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Coastal Tiger said:

@AUBwins My fraternity brother is one of the slots (BoKnowsUrTeamIsWeak), not on aufamily.  I'm sure he'll play again this year and stays pretty active with it.  I asked him to join one year when we were in a crunch and needed to fill the league to draft.

Yes, he's already committed.  Just have 3 from previous waiting on. 

• Like 1

What are the keeper rules going to be commish?  Any 3 players on my roster at end of last year?  If that's the case, it doesn't seem too fair as I would keep Cook, Chubb, and Kelce 😎 (and I'm ok with that btw lol).

I've normally seen keepers done based on the round the player was selected in the previous year draft to at least add a little strategy.  In the case where you go by rounds and I get 3, I'd probably take (Cook in 1st, Chubb or Kelce in 2nd, and Lamb in 12th).  In the live draft, I wouldn't have a 1st, 2nd, or 12th round pick.  Just food for thought on how you set it up.

ETA:

A team can choose not to select any keepers from their previous year's team and they'd get a pick in every round based on their draft slot.  If someone chooses 1 keeper player, they'd be slotted by appropriate round and have a pick in all other rounds, and so on/so forth up to the max keeper amount.

Normally players that are dropped during the season lose keeper status for the next year, even if they are added by another team (such as Chubb in my case when he got hurt, somebody dropped him and I picked him up off waivers).  This is where FA slots play a role in managing your roster/bench space.  If players are traded, it has been my experience they don't lose Keeper status (in a legit honest league), but I've seen where they do to prevent a-holes from trying to collude and stack a team and then split winnings in money leagues.

Last year's draft results/final roster by team

Edited by Coastal Tiger

1 hour ago, Coastal Tiger said:

I've normally seen keepers done based on the round the player was selected in the previous year draft to at least add a little strategy.  In the case where you go by rounds and I get 3, I'd probably take (Cook in 1st, Chubb or Kelce in 2nd, and Lamb in 12th).  In the live draft, I wouldn't have a 1st, 2nd, or 12th round pick.  Just food for thought on how you set it up.

ETA:

A team can choose not to select any keepers from their previous year's team and they'd get a pick in every round based on their draft slot.  If someone chooses 1 keeper player, they'd be slotted by appropriate round and have a pick in all other rounds, and so on/so forth up to the max keeper amount.

Normally players that are dropped during the season lose keeper status for the next year, even if they are added by another team (such as Chubb in my case when he got hurt, somebody dropped him and I picked him up off waivers).  This is where FA slots play a role in managing your roster/bench space.  If players are traded, it has been my experience they don't lose Keeper status (in a legit honest league), but I've seen where they do to prevent a-holes from trying to collude and stack a team and then split winnings in money leagues.

Last year's draft results/final roster by team

This is the way the league I played in did with keepers.  We can do it this way or just a whole new draft with our keepers. My thought with doing a new draft (w/keepers), it’d be a quasi dynasty league. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm good with whatever. I've never done a keeper league so I defer to those with experience. 

Yea it's new to me too, but i just want what is the most fair (therefore still fun) , without getting too complicated. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yea it's new to me too, but i just want what is the most fair (therefore still fun) , without getting too complicated. 

I'm a big fan of uncomplicated in literally every single thing I do.

• Haha 1

Other than @cole256, have any of you heard of any other interest out there as alternates if we have the open slots?

Like I said, I'm moving on to the committed players tomorrow night.  So we can finalize the rosters, keeper requirements, rules and format by Sunday. Have a week to decide on keepers, thinking draft on 9/2, which is a week before the first game of the year. 

@Coastal Tiger How do we extend the invite to Cole? Need an email from him? I will let him take over the best roster that was left behind to allow him solid options to keep. 

Also posted some other thoughts on the message board on yahoo if yall want to take a look and give feed back, regarding the extended NFL season and roster spots. 

20 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

How do we extend the invite to Cole? Need an email from him? I will let him take over the best roster that was left behind to allow him solid options to keep. 

I'd wait for other responses of existing league members until your deadline.  I'd then send him screenshots of available rosters of teams not rejoining and let him pick a team to takeover.

Go to commish tools-->Manage Other Teams-->Transfer Teams-->enter Cole's email address into slot next to team to transfer.

If you don't get responses from anyone else on board who wants to join to get to a 12 team league, you will need to delete the other teams from the league that you haven't heard from.  All of these players will role back into draft pool.

Edited by Coastal Tiger
  • Like 1