Worst/Best Cars You Ever Owned?

DKW 86

Best cars ever owned:

1991 Honda Prelude: the sunroof was always back, that Si could whine. Tracked like it was on rails. Great mileage too.

1998 B-4000 Mazda Truck: Best I have ever owned. Almost no maintennance, drives great, dependable and comfortable, for the most part.

Worst Cars:

1977 Mercury Monarch: looked good, was a 302 and 4 SPEED!!! Drove great but leaked like a seive! The rings went out by 35k too.

1979 Volkswagen Van: Fuel Injected-Volkswagen, those two terms should never be put together. I am still Volkswagen averse to this day!

1979 AMC Spirit: Car just refused to run. No power when it did.

1974 Ford Maverick: No air, 200 cid I-6. That car could not fall out of a tree and break 60mph. Reliable as heck, but it was a Maverick. Dad put a cherry bomb on it. :rolleyes: Then it was loud, obnoxious AND slow.

i can't say i have owned a bad car.

my very first car was a 1986 Honda Accord Hatchback! i bought it in 90 while in highschool and drove it until the spring of 1995. great car traveling up and down i-85 to fayetteville, georgia. i kid you not while visiting relatives in georgia (1998ish) i saw that honda heading towards the atl airport. the guy i sold it to, an airline pilot, kept the au stickers and the car had a few blemishes which verified the id.

as a pre-college graduation present my father bought me a 1995 Jeep Wrangler (4 cycle/soft top) in the spring of 1995. i drove it the last weeks of spring quarter before heading off to oregon for a summer internship. during the 4 months i was in oregon i put 10,000 miles on that puppy. before i sold it in 1995, it had 110,000 miles, drove across country 5 times and tons of fun from surf fishing on the obx. besides regular maintenance the only thing to go wrong was a rear drive gasket which cost me 100 dollars to repair.

in 2000 i purchased my second Jeep Wrangler (6 cyl/hardtop/ac). to the date i have 50 k miles and no problems except for a leaky seal from removing/replacing the hardtop. living in oregon, a hard top is more practical and the 6 cyl provides more power heading up the hills. i will always be a jeep owner.

prior to my marriage, my wife owned a 2000 honda civic lx. this car was uncomfortable to drive and picked up more road noise than my hard top jeep. in the fall of 2004, we purchased a 04 chevy trailblazer ext. so far, it is a good ride. nice to have 7 passenger sitting since we are expecting our first child in april.

I havent really had a bad car either. My first was my dad's old 1984 Toyota half ton longbed 1wd pickup. Those 22R engines last forever. It was 16 years old when I got it. Not long after, I got a Grand Am that I haven't had a bit of trouble out of... But being a torque junky, I wish it had a little more (LS7) under the hood.

The only car I have had so far is a 1993 Isuzu Trooper, or the "Box" as I call it. I'm 19 so my experience with vehicles is limited but I love my Box even though its slow and the gas mileage ain't that great. It was a hand me down from my mom, has over 100,000 miles on it and I haven't had any problems with it mechanically. Drives alright on the interstate for heavy SUV made by the Japanese. If you see a Trooper around Auburn or on I-65 with a young guy driving and 666 on the license plate thats me :big: .

My theory: Drive it till its dirt, then drive the dirt.

I've got a 1992 Mazda Protege' with 285,000 miles that runs like a top. Its a manual shift, no cd player - pretty much just a generic car. The only option that it has is AC, but I never use it. I get 38 miles to the gallon.

Its got rust spots on the top where the paint has peeled, a couple of dents, faded cloth seats and one of the rear park lights has a short - but that car runs so well that I can't get rid of it. Also its paid for.

I have other, nicer vehicles, but thats the one I drive to work every day. My friends may kid me about driving an ugly car, but with no payments and great gas milage, I just laugh along with them.

I am with DaddyBoyAU... My first car was the best. It was a 2 door Pathfinder that I had until my senior year of high school. When we sold it it had 298,000 miles on it and it ran as sweet as the day I got it.

Then I got a Camaro as a graduation present. I liked that car but there was no room. It was sporty and fast but too small. Wish I still had the Pathfinder.

My first car was an 87 Pontiac Grand Am. It had 187k miles on it. I drove it until it had 220+. It ran the day i got rid of it...barely

Then I got an 89 Grand Prix...same deal 150k miles. Block cracked around 200k.

I owned a 97 Eclipse. Drove it everywhere. DC, Toronto, Austin Tx. Never had it in the shop. It had about 100k miles on it.

I now own a 2000 Mustang GT. I absolutely love my car. The leather seats are comfy. I can drive it on long trips. The gas mileage sucks...but having 4:10 gears in the rear end doesnt help. Ive got 58k miles on it...it looks new, drives new, and ive never had it in the shop....

I am only 20 and i've had a few:

Worst: 1986 Mazda Mx-6

Close: 1993 Honda Accord

Next: 1999 2 door gmc Jimmy

BEST: 2000 Toyota Tacoma, 1998 4Runner, 1999 Patherfinder SE

I drive the pathfinder now.

Best cars ever owned:

I used to own a 1987 Chevrolet Caprice, dark gray 4 door. I was in sales at the time and put 390,000 miles on it. Then my three daughters put 150,000 on it. Then I gave it to a friend in need. They are still driving it. The last I heard the car had over 850,000 on it and the transmission just recently had to be rebuilt and still has the original engine.

I now have a Toyota 4 Runner and the brakes are the worst of any vehicle I have ever had or heard of. The rotors are too small for the vehicle and two to three times a year I have to replace pads. I think they put Corolla disk on the dang 4 Runners.

My first car was a 1982 Mustang Hatchback 4cyl. It used 1qrt of oil/month. It got 10gallons to the ..um..10 miles to the gallon. The heap smoked so bad I couldn't go through the drive through at the bank or McDonalds, etc.

At one time, when you would cut it off it would keep runnning for about 4-5 seconds! Then, it would backfire!

On cold mornings you could put it in drive and it would get up to 25mph without touching the gas because the carb. would stick.

The horn was on the stupid turn signal. :blink:

The hatch would leak if it rained enough. Once in HS, the parking lot flooded and the water was almost to the top of the seat. I did manage to get it out but the blasted thing stunk like a gym locker and you couldn't do anything about it.

The air intake for this was the most reatrded idea Ford ever came up with. IT WAS IN THE RIGHT FENDER WELL!!!!! :blink: Tell me this...what side of the road does water tend to stand most of the time? THE RIGHT! I had to creep through puddles our it would suck water into the carb and stall.

#&$&@#, !$%@**#% piece of unholy #%$!

My second car was a 1984 Cutlas Supreme with wire wheel covers. It leaned to one side. I had to turn the AC off to pull out into traffic.

After that I had decent vehicles. I got a '91 Nissan pickup 5-speed at 18 when I graduated HS. I drove it for 10 years before I got my Jeep Grand Cherokee that I drive now.

i made the horrible mistake of buying a first year grand am. 1st year the quad 4 engine was ever used I think.

Engine blew with 50,000 miles on it. Had big trouble because they put three different versions of the quad 4 in the first year grand am (tells you something don't it!)

Got a letter from them notifying of a defect in the head gasket and possible failure around a year after it blew. They paid for the head gasket but refused to cover the engine, said it wasn't related :huh: :lol: . Yeah, that head gasket blowing and spewing water all over the cylinder wall or whatever couldn't have possibly caused the fatal crack. I shoulda sued the bastages!

Best,

1972 red Opel GT (sentimental value)

1990 green Acura Integra

1994 Z28, black 6 speed

2003 Honda CBR600RR (only 2 wheels, but that thing will fly!)

Worst,

1998 Ford Windstar (well, not mine to drive, of course), the last Ford I will ever own, period.

1979 Volkswagen Van: Fuel Injected-Volkswagen, those two terms should never be put together. I am still Volkswagen averse to this day!

148137[/snapback]

Ugh. My wife has a 1999 VW Jetta. The Check Engine light has been on for 3/4 of the time she owned it. It's a pretty sorry car. The AC went out and it cost $1700 to fix!! I'm not throwing another dime into it. It's got 70k on it. I'll take $12000 for it :D! Anyway, no more VWs for me!

MAN! I forgot about the Cors-its-crap! (Corsica)

I won the arbitration on this total piece of junk.

Car spent 56 days of the first 52 weeks in the shop! Better than 1-7 days it was being worked on.

At 7500 miles the starter literally fell off the car and took the flywheel, etc with it. Also, 7500 miles, the power steering went out and took the rack and pinion unit with it too.

Later: Alternator, several injectors, plug wires, plugs, and finally the EGR valve was replaced just before Chevy bought that piece of junk back. I swear the car had 15 horsepower the last day I drove it that it never had before. The EGR valve was bad from the factory. I had to pick it up from the dealer to take it to the Arbitration hearing. The car had white smoke rolling out of it at the hearing. I think the head cracked or gasket was blown too.

The door seals leaked so bad it ruined a guy's suit coming home from church one day. Poor schmuck wanted to ride in the new car.

Pulled the radar detector out of the dash and did at least $100-200 dollars damage as a three foot trim piece came off with it!!!!

The door handle would sometimes not open the door and would of course always check out fine. Would leave you in the freezing wind with an unlocked door and still not open day after day.

The AC went out, more trim pieces fell off the car. got rid of it after 20k miles. The car sat in the driveway almost three months of the 13-14 months we owned it.

Worked for a GM dealer earlier. I saw the same thing over and over again with GM cars.

I might buy one of a select few of their cars (LeSabre) but not nuch else.

BTW, Kelly Mader, Atlanta zone rep for Chevy, spent an hour or so telling me, the mechanic and the Arbitrator that the "car was a good car...by Chevrolet standards. :blink:

I won the suit at that moment.

Hey DKW, my driver's ed car was a Chevy Corsica, man that was a POS. Thank goodness I didn't get to drive it but three times because our teacher had jury duty that semester. We had to switch drivers one time in a parking lot and it was my turn, so I get in it and put it in reverse and back out then I put it into drive but the gearshifter slipped into neutral and I didn't notice and I hit the gas and revved that junk's motor and my teacher freaked out. Good times, crappy car.

Infiniti QX4

I think the last models were made in 2003 or 2004. Infiniti stopped making them for some reason.

Never had any troubles with it for several years now.

The Worst Vehicle I've Owned:

1989 Nissan 200 sx........I say it's the worst car, but I kinda made it the Worst Car......Sunroof wouldn't open/close, mainly because it got stuck one day and I Ripped it open tearing up All the gears in it :huh: oops, so you had to Manually open and close it........Every speaker in the car was Blown, again because of me :P .........It had a Digital read out for the speedometer.....That stopped workin' after lap 150k. It's Air conditioner vents on the face of the dash would fall out if you closed the door to hard, as well as the entire side of the door that was closed. The windows didn't work too well, everytime you rolled down the window(s) you had to get out of the car and pull the window back so it could get on track to roll it back up........Oh, yea it also had Firework burns in the back seats and window.........Another one of my faults :lol: (that's a story in itself).

The Best Vehicle:

1996 Chevy S-10 Blazer "Blaze O' Glory"..........This little truck went through Hell and Back.......I Drag Raced it a couple times..........and took it through the Hell Hole (Mud Hole)........and He still kept tickin'.

My Current Vehicle is the Best and Sharpest Vehicle that I've ever owned:

2003 Dodge "Hemi" 1500.........Look at the picture. Need I say more?

Prowler, sorry to say but in my lifetime (which is short compared to some the geezers on the board :P ) Dodge's are crap. My best friend is on his 3rd Dodge and he hasn't had anything go right for him, but he loves em for some reason that I can't figure out. The first one he had was a Ramcharger, manual but he couldn't drive a stick and still can't but tell him that, when he got rid of it that thing was a hunk of junk. The next two were trucks, nice looking both of them but once again problems problems, some of them his fault cause he can be an idiot behind the wheel.

The only thing wrong with my truck is that the Cruise Control doesn't set at 115 mph :D ..........Also, I've got to get a Snowplow put on the front so that I can move those Slow Sum Beaches, that are driving The speed limit in the left lane (Fast Lane) on Hwy 65, outta 'da way.... :D

War "BY GOD" Eagle

The only thing wrong with my truck is that the Cruse Control doesn't set at 115 mph  :D ..........Also, I've got to get a Snowplow put on the front so that I can move those Slow Sum Beaches, that are driving The speed limit in the left lane (Fast Lane) on Hwy 65, outta 'da way.... :D

War "BY GOD" Eagle

148532[/snapback]

I hear ya, I drive a Trooper and it isn't the fastest thing ever on 4 wheels but good lord people get out of the way on 65, it isn't dad gum po dunk back road where you can just dawdle and take forever. Another thing about drivers on 65, when changing lanes, LOOK before you change lanes, there might be a car right next to you, lazy bastages. This has happened to me twice and neither was very fun.

Best: :D

2003 Buick LeSabre

1998 Buick LeSabre

1987 Honda Accord

Worst: :no:

1970 Ford Maverick

1966 MG Midget

Archived