Worst/Best Cars You Ever Owned?

DKW 86

Best car I EVER owned:

1972 Pontiac Firebird Formula 400 4 barrel Quad 8 mpg

(I still kick myself whenever I think about getting rid of that one.) :D

Best:

1984 Toyota Tercel hatchback - I know. Sounds wimpy. But if I could have a brand new one today just like that one, wow. Those guys were fornt wheel drive with the engine still mounted straight. The engine was balanced and blue-printed from Japan. It was an ugly box that a 6' 2" man had plenty of room in and a family of four fit comfortably. We finally gave it away at 232K miles still running.

1981 BMW 320i (totalled my fault)

1993 Toyota 4X4 (Dad still drives it)

2000 Ford Explorer Ltd V8 (not my fault)

2002 F150 FX4 supercab (still have)

Worst:

72 Ford Courier. Had to hold it in 3rd gear.

1993 Suburban. Just didn't impress at all.

1998 Z71 king cab. Worst seats I have ever sat in.

Best car:

1977 Jeep CJ-7. I still own this one. Fun in the summer.

I also drive a 2002 Toyota Sequoia right now.

And I'm really thinking of getting a new Mustang. Anyone drive one yet? I love the way they look.

My dad owns these:

1972 MGB

1963 Austin Healey 3000 Mk III

h.jpg

I learned to drive on the '72 MGB. Tough for me to drive it now, though, as I'm 6'4", and those British Cars aren't made for tall people.

Worst Car - 2003 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS...I bought it new in 2003 for $25,000 and in one year it was worth $14,000, plus it feels like it needs one more gear. 3300RPM at 75mph. The car itself is actually nice, but the depreciation is killing me! Stay away from Mitsubishi Motors!!!!

Best Car - my work truck...1990 Nissan XE Pick-up....181,000 miles on it and it runs like a champ. Never a minutes trouble (knock on wood), plus 35 mpg is not too shabby either. I commute to and from Auburn from Montgomery everyday and it has absolutely saved me from high gas prices and putting any more unnecessary mileage on the Montero Sport to stop the bleeding.

Worst Car - 2003 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS...I bought it new in 2003 for $25,000 and in one year it was worth $14,000, plus it feels like it needs one more gear.  3300RPM at 75mph.  The car itself is actually nice, but the depreciation is killing me!  Stay away from Mitsubishi Motors!!!!

Best Car - my work truck...1990 Nissan XE Pick-up....181,000 miles on it and it runs like a champ.  Never a minutes trouble (knock on wood), plus 35 mpg is not too shabby either.  I commute to and from Auburn from Montgomery everyday and it has absolutely saved me from high gas prices and putting any more unnecessary mileage on the Montero Sport to stop the bleeding.

148646[/snapback]

The Montero is a GREAT used car buy (you know this now). I almost bought one, but kept thinking there was somehting wrong with it. I did some investigating and found they just had crappy resale. I went back to get it and it was gone. So now someone else will get a great deal as soon as you trade in. See how you are helping out the world?

Archived