Darby injury

quietfan

If something can EVER be perceived two ways...you guys will always pick the one that is most negative towards bama.

148623[/snapback]

That's easy. It's because Bama sucks and we all know it! Just waiting on you guys to accept that fact.

So you are saying CTT has NEVER played a guy who was REMOTELY banged up?

It's not like wer are talking about a guy who had a broken ankle or leg. There is a grey area with this particular injury. ESPECIALLY if he was moving around fine in practice.

But its typical to see you beating up on Shula. Typical. If something can EVER be perceived two ways...you guys will always pick the one that is most negative towards bama.

148623[/snapback]

I've been critical of Tubby, in the past. I like to try to call it like I see it. *If* :big: Tubby makes a boneheaded call, I'm usually the first on his case. To my knowledge Tubby doesn't allow the players to make decisions for him.

Tubby didn't run Ronnie Brown (high ankle sprain) or Caddy (broken leg) when we desperately needed them for the 2002 Iron Bowl. Maybe if Tubby had of taken a page from the Mike Shula's "Idiot's Guide to Head Coaching" we would have seen Caddy wheeled out there to block a couple of times. Just as a decoy, of course.

:rolleyes:

:poke:

Everything turns into a fight here, its really funny. But yea that sucks for Darby. I didnt know that his injury was that serious. You have to feel bad for the guy.

What was the injury that Bo Jackson had? Was it a hip injury......I cant remember.

Everything turns into a fight here, its really funny.

148769[/snapback]

That's bacause there are too many bammers on an Auburn board :big::big:

Just kidding. I enjoy all of you except the ones with big bama avatars and I just block them.

Guest Tigrinum Major
What's more annoying? A sig pic? Or someone who CONSTATLY complains about said pic?

:P

148792[/snapback]

Personally, I find all the HUGE sig pics annoying. But that's just me.

However, I don't find tinsel distracting.

Now it's a "sports hernia":

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/mobilere...58816238210.xml

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Tide's Darby set for surgery as a last resort

Shula says surgery is the last option for rugged Bama running back in an attempt to get him healthy in time for the 2005 season

Alabama running back Ken Darby is in Philadelphia this morning on the eve of undergoing surgery for what has been diagnosed as a sports hernia.

Crimson Tide coach Mike Shula had said surgery would be the last option for Darby.

"He's still sore," Shula said. "Obviously the last thing to do is have surgery, but then again, if that's the case, you want to make sure you're ready for the season.

"We didn't want to wait any longer. We felt like we had exhausted every other way of getting him healthy."

Darby rushed for 99 yards or more in five consecutive games before suffering the injury in his lower abdomen at LSU on Nov. 13. Darby wound up as the SEC's second-leading rusher with a 96.5-yard average and a total of 1,062 yards.

Diagnosing the injury has been elusive. At one time, it was also thought that Darby had suffered a hairline pelvic fracture.

Several Alabama athletes have suffered injuries of this type in the last several years, including basketball player Travis Stinnett, defensive end Todd Bates and offensive lineman Travis West, whose problems ended his college career this winter.

Maybe you need some new team doctors and/or trainers if nothing else.. :blink:

I'm not saying it shouldn't have been caught sooner, but from what I've read it is an injury that is hard to diagnose. Especially since he did have a hairline fracture to his pelvis. What made them search for and find the sports hernia is that the pain did not go away when the pelvis healed.

In listening to Tommy Wilcox yesterday in an interview, he said he had the exact same thing and it was extremely hard to diagnose. Went through a battery of tests before they determined it was a hernia. From what Wilcox said, he should have the surgery, about a 12 week recovery and be back to full speed. Good news for Darby.

From what Wilcox said, he should have the surgery, about a 12 week recovery and be back to full speed.  Good news for Darby.

149057[/snapback]

That, of course, is what's important. Good luck to him.

Archived