Future Opponents.

AUslug

This is my 100th post and I decided to do a topic about something I thought would be interesting. With all this uproar over the USM and WKU situation I was wondering what teams you guys would like AU to play in the future, especially with the 12 game schedule happening more often. The one team Auburn has never played and I would want them to play more than anybody would be Notre Dame. After that Texas, Texas A&M, FSU, Ohio St., UNC, NCST, Nebraska, Colorado and get that series with Clemson going again. BG you can even chime in with who you want to see Bama play, I liked watching those games against Oklahoma, beside the obvious reason ;) .

I want a piece of Ohio State, and bad. Almost everyone back where I'm from either goes there or is a Buckeye fan (a lot of people who go to schools like Akron or Kent State support the Bucks since their teams aren't any good). Not to mention that our program stands for everything theirs doesn't (but don't try to tell that to them). We beat them the last time we played them, but that was 15 years ago, I need another fix. :D

Western Kentucky, Citadel, Alabama State, Jacksonville St, Florida A&M

La Monroe, La Lafayette, Idaho, Central Florida, New Mexico St, Utah State,

Kansas, Baylor, East Carolina, Tulane, Duke,

Texas, Michigan, Oklahoma, Miami, Florida State, USC,

Mount Union, North Alabama, Huntington, Tuskeegee

ND would be fun

I'm a big Purdue fan, so I wanna play Purdue

Michigan would be cool

I really wanna play Texas one day so we can shut up the Weak XII

Penn State would be interesting while Joe Paterno is still around

FSU would be cool

What about Miami and CTT being the old assistant there

Lastly Louisville would be awesome with the Petrinogate thing. I love Louisville and think it would be fun.

Even though we had a top ten schedule last year, somehow I feel like we are dumbing down our schedule. I have felt this way since we bought out Fla St. I don't feel we are heading in a direction that will ultimatly result in AU becoming a national FB power.

But... here goes. Notre Dame, USC, Fla St., Michigan, Ohio St., or really anybody in the PAC 10, Big 12, or Big 10. Just one game a year in any of these conferences would add some preseason excitement and national TV exposure. Heck, we just might win some of these. Recruiting would follow.

I want back those Clemson and Virginia Tech games we were promised in the future. Well, scratch VT I guess, for the obvious reason. B) But I would like to see more ACC opponents on our schedule. They're close, they're not quite as tough as maybe Texas or Ohio State, but they sure aint I-AA either.

I really wanted to play Southern Miss, not for any other reason than to go 3-0 vs. teams from MS. We could have gotten some stickers made that said Auburn...2005 Mississippi State Champs.

Other teams I'd like to see would be ND or a home and home with UCLA. I had an absolute blast last time we were in LA.

ND (My second favorite team for obvious reasons) :D

fsu

Texas

Miami

Nebraska

Ohio St

Michigan

UCLA

USC

Archived