NBA Thread

aujeff11

SOME NEWS FOR YAAAAAAAAA BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @Maverick.AU WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I expect to see you at some Auburn games this fall rocking that D Rose Pistons jersey shirt fam! lmao LETS GOOO!!!!!!! THE NEW BIG 3!!! Rose, Griff and Drummond! lmao

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Haha 1

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

This is absolute mayhem...I thought Kawhi was different. I thought he was bred different from most others but no he is the same. I can understand wanting to form a super team to beat another super team but if he goes to the Lakers there's no other team. He doesn't need to team up with anybody. Siakim is well on his way to being a perennial star. The Raptors have a good foundation and he's leaving that. 

He very well may not do that.  Kawhi is a smart man.  Smart enough to know the Lakers are too too heavy and will not have anyone on the bench.  Imagine this year’s Warriors but worse.  At least the Warrior’s players were young.  Lebron will need more rest than normal.  And there is talk of bringing Melo in as well.  Could spell disaster.  

• Like 1

Nets and Kyrie are ready to secure a 4 year/ 140 million dollar deal tomorrow. 

LAL and DLo have been in contact. Mutually want a reunion. 

Kanter is receiving serious interest from LAL, Celtics, and Trailblazers.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

He very well may not do that.  Kawhi is a smart man.  Smart enough to know the Lakers are too too heavy and will not have anyone on the bench.  Imagine this year’s Warriors but worse.  At least the Warrior’s players were young.  Lebron will need more rest than normal.  And there is talk of bringing Melo in as well.  Could spell disaster.  

I think Kawhi is leaving Toronto no matter what. Where? I got no clue but being the only star player on a team was a huge burden on him as the season wore on. Him being on a team with multiple stars lessens his workload and he is able to have more load management days. His shooting % fell off gradually throughout the playoffs because he was carrying a big burden every game offensively and defensively. My totally guess of a prediction is he goes to the Clippers with someone. Depth is great for the regular season but stars win in the playoffs. Of course the Warriors lost. When you lose 2 of your star players you are not going to win. If Klay does not get hurt warriors minus KD were well on their way to at least forcing a Game 7 because they still had 2 stars at least till Klay went down. Those 2 stars even won 2 road games without KD. IF he does go back to Toronto I can see it being on a 1 plus 1 deal and we do this all over again next year. MAYBE he wants to wait on KD health when he returns for the 2020-2021 season and join him wherever KD goes and in the meantime he runs it back for 1 more year with the Raps.

HOWEVER I think for the Lakers Kawhi and Jimmy Butler is the only 2 max guys they should be after. Kawhi is arguably the best player in the game right now. OF COURSE you go after him. That is a no brainer. Jimmy Butler because he is a great defender and slides in perfectly with that team as the third option. Outside of that I would use the 32 million to get the rolls royce of role players with your cap space. D Russ or Kyrie would make for a disaster closing lineup defensively. AD is a great defender but D Russ is a bad one, Bron is old and cannot guard like he used to and Kuzma is a cataclysmic abomination of a defender. It would be a great offensive team but soooooo bad defensively. 

Edited by GwillMac6

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

The Lakers want everybody but Lonzo.

lol

35 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Durant's one of the most incredible players I've ever seen. 
But his antenna ears to any criticism would seem to be a disaster in the NY/NJ area. He and Irving leading a team wouldn't give me a lot of confidence if I'm a front office. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CR said:

But his antenna ears to any criticism would seem to be a disaster in the NY/NJ area. He and Irving leading a team wouldn't give me a lot of confidence if I'm a front office. 

And Kyrie is absolutely the same way. It may help that they play for the Nets and not the Knicks. That is a whole other level of pressure cooker.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

And Kyrie is absolutely the same way. It may help that they play for the Nets and not the Knicks. That is a whole other level of pressure cooker.

Good points.

13 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Yeah well I go hard in the paint. Believe dat!!!!

White Iverson
When I started ballin' I was young
You gon' think about me when I'm gone
I need that money like the ring I never won, I won
Saucin', saucin', I'm saucin' on you
I'm swaggin', I'm swaggin', I'm swaggin' oh ooh
I'm ballin', I'm ballin', Iverson on you

😮

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CR said:

Durant has always been great at not letting anything effect his play. Criticism has always lit a fire with him not hurt him

People have forgotten about Michael Porter Jr.  He was the best player out of his draft class, just wait

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

He's "seriously considering" them. In all likelihood he may very well end up there. He shouldn't even take a meeting with them.