Tre Smith off to a good start

StatTiger

actually tre and kenny and carl have comparable resumes. they all have at least season as the third leading rusher on the their team. tre has two. kenny has one. carl has one. none of these guys has proved himself.

that said, tre ran every play with brandon cox while i was at practice. so if you're looking for your starting duo... carl was split out wide with them on the goal line as well.

actually tre and kenny and carl have comparable resumes

One question. Where on kenny and carl's resume does it say beating bama in t-town?? Not just beating them, running all over them.

actually tre and kenny and carl have comparable resumes

One question. Where on kenny and carl's resume does it say beating bama in t-town?? Not just beating them, running all over them.

149556[/snapback]

No doubt he deserves props for that. I will say though that at the end of 2002, our O-line was run-blocking about as well as I've ever seen. Remember in the last half of the season, we ran all over LSU, Bama, and Penn St., who were touted as being 3 of the best defensive fronts in the country. To this day, that David Greene pass still haunts me, because if we hold on and beat Georgia, then we get a rematch with Florida in Atlanta, and there's no doubt whatsoever in my mind that we win. On the other hand, if we'd made the FG against Florida, we would have had a rematch with Georgia in A-town, and that would have been a heck of a game as well. Nonetheless, at the end of 2002, the way our O-line and our defense were playing, no one in the conference wanted a piece of us. But I digress...

Trey is a good relief back, but I don't see him as a go to guy. I think Irons or Stewart will be the number 1 with Trey and the other splitting time behind the #1. To have a back Trey's size usually they have blazing speed, Trey doesn't. That said, if he never gets another carry I will still salute him for what he did to Bama 2 years ago.

One last thing, Trey has very good balance, but Brent Fullwood had the best balance I have ever seen.

Archived