More Trouble in Cock-ville

weaglewagon

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) -- Two South Carolina players have been suspended indefinitely from the team after police arrested one of the players for stealing televisions from dorm rooms, the latest in a string of disciplinary problems involving the Gamecocks since late last season.

Tackle Kevin Mainord was arrested and charged with two counts of first-degree burglary and two counts of simple larceny.

Mainord, a redshirt freshman, and defensive end Moe Thompson, a junior, were suspended, athletics spokesman Kerry Tharp said Wednesday. Thompson has not been arrested or charged in the incident, university spokesman Russ McKinney said.

According to an arrest warrant, Mainord and Thompson entered a room about 3:30 a.m. Feb. 23 while the female residents were sleeping and Mainord admitted to taking a television and DVD player as well as $12.

Spurrier and CTT are a lot alike. They don't put up with thugs. I'll bet CSS kicks a lot of the crap off that team...and good for him!!! We need more coaches like CTT and CSS.

I agree, the old Ball Coach is cleaning house and more power to him. This sends a message to other schools...cough :ut: cough, that this stuff shouldn't be put up with or even happen in the first place.

This kid was on a recruiting trip at Bama last year. He left early. Story was that he stole someone's checkbook...and got caught.

He said it wasnt true and that he just knew he wanted to be a Gamecock.

Oh well.

This kid was on a recruiting trip at Bama last year. He left early. Story was that he stole someone's checkbook...and got caught.

Why would he want to steal a checkbook in tuscaloser? All he had to do was wait until LY or one of the other good old boys issued him one! :big::poke:

Sadly, it shows you the kind of kids Holtz had...and the problems they had off the field. Its amazing seeing an actual coach who enforces punishment (Spurrier) and the results they produce later down the road with good kids (Tuberville). I expect that cleaning the house of all these bad flies will do nothing but good things for South Carolina....maybe not for this upcoming season but in the long run, the team will be more united and structured.

It is clear that Holtz did NOT run any kind of a clean program. There have been a lot of players in and out of trouble from this team. Kids like Derrick Watson and this Demetris Summers both could have been outstanding RBs if they would have had their heads screwed on straight. Holtz just didn't care that they were troublemakers.

Then they got into that really ugly fight with Clemson, a bunch of them stole stuff from their own University, now one's been kicked off for drugs, and two more for stealing from some dorm room.

I was never a Lou Holtz fan. He's a jerk. But at least I thought you could have had some respect for him. I guess I was wrong.

Oh well.

149208[/snapback]

If CSS really wanted to win, he would tape a $20 to the ball when the opponent is on offense. Then just let the theives get out there and steal the ball away. I guess he would have to teach them which direction to run after they took it though...maybe put some police officers in the back of SC's endzone.

:poke:

It is clear that Holtz did NOT run any kind of a clean program. There have been a lot of players in and out of trouble from this team. Kids like Derrick Watson and this Demetris Summers both could have been outstanding RBs if they would have had their heads screwed on straight. Holtz just didn't care that they were troublemakers.

Then they got into that really ugly fight with Clemson, a bunch of them stole stuff from their own University, now one's been kicked off for drugs, and two more for stealing from some dorm room.

I was never a Lou Holtz fan. He's a jerk. But at least I thought you could have had some respect for him. I guess I was wrong.

149317[/snapback]

I think you are misguided about Lou Holtz. He is a good man that ended up in state full of depression and poverty for so many of the best athletes. His ego was very large and he felt he could "save" these kids. Unfortunately for him, he ended up with a whole team of "projects." And as most reallistic coaches have learned, you can't afford but one maybe two projects at a time.

Most of the successfull athletes form SC have to leave the state to become successfull. Look back at the history of many of their blue chip players that stayed in state. gotta get away from your homeboys in order to succeed. And Columbia is not the best city around. I akin it to Montgomery in a lot of ways.

149317[/snapback]

I think you are misguided about Lou Holtz. He is a good man that ended up in state full of depression and poverty for so many of the best athletes. His ego was very large and he felt he could "save" these kids. Unfortunately for him, he ended up with a whole team of "projects." And as most reallistic coaches have learned, you can't afford but one maybe two projects at a time.

Most of the successfull athletes form SC have to leave the state to become successfull. Look back at the history of many of their blue chip players that stayed in state. gotta get away from your homeboys in order to succeed. And Columbia is not the best city around. I akin it to Montgomery in a lot of ways.

149351[/snapback]

CCTAU, you're just trying to get me all mad, talking serious crap about my state.

Archived