SEC Fines Auburn $250,000

WarTiger

I say let them have fun. This team came back against some long odds to be were they are and deserve to celebrate after beating two number one teams in three weeks. I think the players enjoy the fans on the field to celebrate with them.

8 hours ago, AUwent said:

As previously mentioned, it’s a lot less than we thought we were gonna have to pay six weeks ago.

Oh, please. People need to stay off the field. The kick 6 I can live with, it was the greatest play iin cfb history. I was disappointed when I realized we were doing it again last night. Not a huge deal, just unneccessary. 

3 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

Oh, please. People need to stay off the field. The kick 6 I can live with, it was the greatest play iin cfb history. I was disappointed when I realized we were doing it again last night. Not a huge deal, just unneccessary. 

:)    Disagree.  beating #1 twice in 3 weeks is kinda a "huge deal."  It's never happened in CFB history.    

I will say this, I told my son we would likely win by 14.

8 minutes ago, Beaker said:

:)    Disagree.  beating #1 twice in 3 weeks is kinda a "huge deal."  It's never happened in CFB history.    

I laughed at WDEWDE when he said we’d win by double digits. Oooooh the crow how sweet it is. :)

7 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Wrong. :)  like I said it's not a big deal to me I just don't think it should have happened. I was a little surprised when it did.

The SEC office is a joke. We get fined, yet they allow Miss. State to ring those damn cowbells incessantly. To me this is an Auburn issue, and big brother ie, the SEC should keep their nose out of it. 

We gotta stop this. i like to see it but there are real risks hence the increase in fines. You could feed a lot of hungry people with 250K. i hope the sec does just that.

I'm sure AU doesn't mind paying this fine but I didn't think that called for a field rushing. I hope this doesn't become a thing every time we beat those guys. Kick six I understand rushing. We had that game win for most the second half thanks to our shutdown best d in the sec!

I guess I'm old school too, because I thought it was unnecessary. I'm old enough to remember UGA fans doing it on our field too. Maybe we need to turn the water canons on our fans too? Lol. And it won't cost auburn 250,000. You can probably double that when you factor in costs to repair/replace all the damage to the field. I would bet the grounds crew are not happy campers today.

‘"Party Till We Die" blasted from the speakers, and it felt entirely apropos…Disney World might be the happiest place on Earth but Auburn was certainly the happiest -- and loveliest -- village on Earth after the Iron Bowl…"I've never felt something like (that)," said receiver Nate Craig-Myers. "In high school, you have state championships but seeing those fans running down, that's the best feeling ever."…"The fans here I think are the best fans in the land," said safety Carlton Davis. "We are so happy and appreciative to have them because they really do impact the game."’

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/11/from_tim_cook_to_jarrett_stidh.html

Archived