Something to Ponder

Longtrainn

By leading his team to an undefeated season in 2004, Tuberville joined an elite group of SEC coaches. But I didn't know just how elite until I got to looking at the all-time records. Here is a list of all the coaches in the history of the SEC who have led a team to an undefeated, untied season.

Tommy Tuberville - Auburn

Phil Fulmer - Tennessee

Terry Bowden - Auburn*

Gene Stallings - Alabama

Vince Dooley - Georgia

Bear Bryant - Alabama

Johnny Vaught - Ole Miss

Paul Dietzel - LSU

Shug Jordan - Auburn*

Wally Butts - Georgia

Frank Thomas - Alabama

Bob Neyland - Tennessee

* - Undefeated team did not play bowl game.

Save for Tot, that's some pretty good company to keep, I must say. :thumbsup:

Notice that Tennessee and Georgia both have 2; Auburn and Alabama have 3.

You mean, save for Tot and Bear, that's some pretty good company to keep. :D

JK

Actually, that is an awesome accomplishment. I don't care how good your talent is, to go undefeated in the SEC is next to impossible.

Actually, that is an awesome accomplishment.  I don't care how good your talent is, to go undefeated in the SEC is next to impossible.

150204[/snapback]

No kidding--I hadn't much thought about it, but didn't really realize the "great" Steve Spurrier never made the list.

Guess that's something for him to aspire to at USC--HA! :P

Actually, that is an awesome accomplishment.  I don't care how good your talent is, to go undefeated in the SEC is next to impossible.

150204[/snapback]

No kidding--I hadn't much thought about it, but didn't really realize the "great" Steve Spurrier never made the list.

Guess that's something for him to aspire to at USC--HA! :P

150208[/snapback]

Don't make Spurrier mad...I'm scared of USC for the next few years. He's going to turn that program around and in a hurry. I thnk that the game in Williams-Brice in 2006 is going to be a stinker.

They have really neat orange jerseys.

Speakin' of Orange Jerseys.............. :D

150402[/snapback]

Ok then, we'll see you in a couple of weeks! :D:yes::byebye:

They have really neat orange jerseys.

Speakin' of Orange Jerseys.............. :D

150402[/snapback]

Ok then, we'll see you in a couple of weeks! :D:yes::byebye:

150429[/snapback]

So is Prowler really going to be kicked off for 2 weeks for talking about those stupid jerseys? Just wondering <_<

Spurrier couldn't do it because this is the S-E-C baby. :cheer:

Only the best of the best can pull off a magical season in the best conference in the land. :au::au::au:

Spurrier couldn't do it because this is the S-E-C baby. :cheer:

Only the best of the best can pull off a magical season in the best conference in the land.  :au:   :au:   :au:

150449[/snapback]

Actually, the SEC had nothing to do with Spurrier not having an undefeated season in 1995 and 1996.

1995 only loss was to Nebraska

1996 only loss was to FSU

Also in 1991 Spurrier was 10-2 with the only losses being to Syracuse and Notre Dame.

I wonder whether any coaches have accomplished this at South Carolina or Arkansas before they were in the SEC? I seem to remember that Arkansas under Frank Broyles went undefeated and untied in 1964, but I might be wrong. Some even recognize them as national champs that year, especially since they won their bowl game. However, I don't know if South Carolina ever accomplished this, either as an independent or in the ACC. Anyone know?

Yea, well...okay...but we softened em' up so they were too beat up to play those teams effectively.  Yea, that's it. :D

SEC, SEC Woohoo

150485[/snapback]

Okay, I'll go along with that! :big:

I don't see Darth Visor turning South Carolina around that quick like some people are saying. When he was at UF, it was widely known he didn't like to recruit and I doubt he has rekindled a love for it now. South Carolina is not a talent rick state like Florida and the SEC East is not weak by any means with the Big Three. Yeah he won an ACC title at Duke but that was pre-FSU.

So is Prowler really going to be kicked off for 2 weeks for talking about those stupid jerseys?  Just wondering  <_<

150433[/snapback]

Well, being a commoner I haven't the power to put him on vacation, so I would say no.

arkansas did in fact go unbeaten and untied in 1964. that's the only time in school history, and it was frank broyles. south carolina is historically terrible. their best year was 1984 at 10-2 under joe morrison (the only 10 win season in school history). if spurrier gets them to 10 wins once, he becomes the best coach in school history. if they win the conference once, they would double their number of conference titles (acc title in 1969). he's going to be God-like to those people.

Archived