The great debate

corchjay

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

I don't know much about there turf there but is it supposed to be safer or anything like that?

So I was on the field Tuesday, I believe it is supposed to be safer and upon inspection can make a wild a$$ assumption that it is. 

1. It is extremely "squishy" soft much better then the usual lay it on concrete turf.  The turf is almost like grass and in fact if you touch it you can push your fingers into it, I would say almost up to the second knuckle on my hand.

2. The top surface of the turf is slick

3. If you don't get your cleat into the stuff they put on top and bind to the turf there is no reaction back onto the cleat to keep you in place, period

I don't have the game recorded I would love to go back and see if the lineman had footing issues and push problems. I watched real-time at the game as much as possible and I didn't see those issue however it doesn't mean it didn't exist.

We lost the game on coaching and adjustments not cleats, but I will in good faith say it contributed.

IMO:  Our running backs missed holes, and Stidham missed open receivers or receivers who would have been coming open.  He had/has a tendency to hold the ball and not throw to the open spot, Milton on the other hand threw his receivers open and connected in the second half . Case in point:  The last offensive play the receiver went inside as this is where the coverage dictated he should go even under pressure if Stidham threw the ball there and the ball was caught it would have been a first down and possible touchdown, just saying.

It appeared our team wanted to smash them and not run to the open field, that was a huge mistake. 

AU FIELD.jpg

6 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Yes. It happened in the NC game in Arizona in 2010. I was there. For some reason there seemed to be moisture, and it made the synthetic turf slippery...And some of our players kept slipping on their cuts...

If I remember correctly, the whole field out there rolls out into the sun so the REAL grass can grow?

Archived