Trump disbands voter fraud commission

homersapien

(emphasis mine)

I guess this outrageous claim by the POTUS is destined to fade from sight.  This is yet another indicator of how no one really takes him seriously.  This is going to be a real problem when the s*** hits the fan somewhere.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/03/trump-disbands-voter-fraud-commission-322621

Kobach says Homeland Security immigration officials will take over probe

President Donald Trump is dumping a controversial commission that was charged with investigating his unsubstantiated claims of voter fraud during the 2016 election, the White House said Wednesday.

Trump asked the Department of Homeland Security to look into the issue instead.

"Despite substantial evidence of voter fraud, many states have refused to provide the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity with basic information relevant to its inquiry,” a statement from the president said. “Rather than engage in endless legal battles at taxpayer expense, today I signed an executive order to dissolve the Commission.”

The commission was the focus of heated contention even before it was formally announced in May with Vice President Mike Pence as the chairman and Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach as vice chairman. Democrats urged Trump to abandon the idea altogether, but the president chose to press forward....

read the rest at the link.

Archived