Men vs. Ole Miss

WarTiger

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Nice.....now back to Auburn.....and notice that Vandy beat UK tonight.....should be a good game to see.... 

Still a minute left in that game...UK down three

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We keep BP no matter what they find out.  He is too good at what he does and his positivity affects everyone around him.  What he lost before the season with 2 players and 2 coaches and puts up this is utterly amazing.  

i really can't find much to gripe about tonight, other than a few missed FT's, and maybe a bad a decision or two.....i thought this was a major win because this place is tough win at....this team is still improving....i still would like to see less fouls, but the way they defend, they will pick up a few more....damn good win tonight

War Damn Eagle ?!

A couple positives tonight:

Road win.

20-2

Bryce Brown

Our chemistry really impressed me

Our composure never waivered

our first 20 win season since 2010

Bryce Brown

Bryce Brown

Exactly the kind of win we needed.  Didn't get our usual 20 point burst and instead had to grind one out.  Also loved the killer instinct with about 5 minutes left to put Ole Miss away.  This team, man.

I thought Kentucky was set to pull away with it in the OT, but Vandy just went back up by 1. 

Theeennnn... UK drives down to get a bucket and a foul. Up 2 w/ 1:15 left.

Oops...Vandy coughed it up...dumb foul with 2 seconds let cats tie there game and win in OT...:angry:

18 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

i really can't find much to gripe about tonight, other than a few missed FT's, and maybe a bad a decision or two.....i thought this was a major win because this place is tough win at....this team is still improving....i still would like to see less fouls, but the way they defend, they will pick up a few more....damn good win tonight

Refs were so inconsistent it was hard to know what was a foul...don't think I ever saw so many offensive fouls called in a game....just glad to get the win.

Very good win tonight.  I would not mind avoiding Ole miss in the SEC tourney.  They match up well enough to give another tough game if we saw them again. Now we have an extra day to get ready for another home game against a resurgent Vandy team. 

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Now we have an extra day to get ready for another home game against a resurgent thoroughly demoralized Vandy team. 

FYP

Maybe this has been said somewhere before, but just read this is ole miss’ first sec home loss this year. Wow. Makes it even better. Also I Love Pearl’s post game comments. He never puffs out his chest. Always gives the other team props and continues to say there’s a long way to go. He is just a very likable guy. 

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Refs were so inconsistent it was hard to know what was a foul...don't think I ever saw so many offensive fouls called in a game....just glad to get the win.

I think there should be a 3rd bench...with extra refs on it. Anytime a ref is sucking, he gets yanked and you put someone else in. Pay them by the number of minutes they stay on the floor :Sing:

Not sure I can recall a better coaching job in a basketball season. This team is deep. Seems to find another gear the last 8-9 minutes. Loving it. 

Fish did get really excited when the Ole Miss dude completed the facial dunk at end. “Ohhh, take that!”.  It was really funny. 

giphy.gif

The Ole Miss fans were really annoying.  And I am surprised they used that night to celebrate someone that does not have a good history, either before, at, or after playing for Ole Miss.

Is there something between BP and Kennedy....that was a very perfunctory handshake after the game.....not what I usually see even after tough games....though maybe BP was in a hurry to catch the plane back to Auburn...

Archived