Men vs. Ole Miss

WarTiger

2 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Fish did get really excited when the Ole Miss dude completed the facial dunk at end. “Ohhh, take that!”.  It was really funny. 

I thought Fish covered pretty fairly. Seemed like he got excited for both sides of the court

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Is there something between BP and Kennedy....that was a very perfunctory handshake after the game.....not what I usually see even after tough games....though maybe BP was in a hurry to catch the plane back to Auburn...

Other than the fact that Kennedy is a good coach but complete tool, I don't think so.

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Other than the fact that Kennedy is a good coach but complete tool, I don't think so.

Just curious...usually there is a little back-pat and maybe a  short exchange about the game...but nothing last night.. but that was a hard loss for OM.

...expect Kennedy thought they would win that game. 

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

giphy.gif

The Ole Miss fans were really annoying.  And I am surprised they used that night to celebrate someone that does not have a good history, either before, at, or after playing for Ole Miss.

And, most excitable when cheering for possible Chick-Fil-A, lol.

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Just curious...usually there is a little back-pat and maybe a  short exchange about the game...but nothing last night.. but that was a hard loss for OM.

There definitely wasn't any chit-chat going on at that exchange, lol. I noticed it too.

1 hour ago, fredst said:

There definitely wasn't any chit-chat going on at that exchange, lol. I noticed it too.

I noticed Kennedy's demeanor when we played them a couple of weeks ago at our place. He just looked angry the whole game. I also commented then (as someone did here about this game) that I was surprised he conceded the game so early. Down 9 pts with a minute to go is tough but not so impossible that you don't even try. If they foul us a couple times, we miss a couple, they manage to hit a couple 3s, then maybe we get really tight going back to the line in the last 20 secs. I'm actually pretty confident that we would handle that scenario just fine, but I still don't understand not even trying. Then there's the perfunctory handshake thing... I wonder about him. Glad he's not ours.

5 hours ago, fredst said:

And, most excitable when cheering for possible Chick-Fil-A, lol.

What's the Chic fil a thing?

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

This ain't yo daddy's Auburn basketball team.  Bout time to break out the Koolaid.  We're pretty good.  Kennedy got a dose of reality last night.

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

Has happened a few times this year. Mike Anderson, Mark Fox, Andy Kennedy, and one other I'm forgetting right now. All have been really short on the post-game handshake. I think it's a product of frustration and hating to lose more than any issue with Pearl. 

3 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Has happened a few times this year. Mike Anderson, Mark Fox, Andy Kennedy, and one other I'm forgetting right now. All have been really short on the post-game handshake. I think it's a product of frustration and hating to lose more than any issue with Pearl. 

Shoot, I don't care whether they like Pearl or not...he's a very gregarious guy and usually chats up everyone along the handshake line at the end of a game...coaches and all. ...of course the fact that we are winning probably makes him more chatty...:)

22 minutes ago, saminbama said:

This ain't yo daddy's Auburn basketball team.  Bout time to break out the Koolaid.  We're pretty good.  Kennedy got a dose of reality last night.

Well that was round two which sure did not make it more enjoyable...

1 hour ago, AUGoo said:

What's the Chic fil a thing?

I think they do a promo for Ole Miss students where they get free CFA if a visiting team misses both freebies.

5 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Andy Kennedy looks like a well-dressed penis.

His former nba player spirit animal and doppleganger lol

1200px-Zydrunas_Ilgauskas_Cavaliers.jpg

That was one I was really worried about. Probaly more than I should of been. Seems like Andy Kennedy has just had our number lately and this was going to be a lot tougher than people would of thought if you just looked at the talent of both teams. We had not won at ole miss in TEN YEARS!!!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! WAR EAGLE BOYS! No matter what their record is they had beat bama and florida at home and had not lost a sec home game all season. ON TO VANDY!!! Now talk about another team who we owe a lot of beatings to. They as well have had our number through the years. WAR DAMN BRUCE PEARL!!!!!

I watched Andy at UAB as a young man. He and Jack Kramer were amaing together.  Andy was coached by one of the greatest coaches in college basketball history.  Not like Rupp and Wooden, but he did replace Wooden at UCLA before being called back to the South to start up UAB's basketball program.  Gene Bartow taught Andy so much about how to play the game of basketball and how to teach and coach it.  He is ultra competitive and can be rough around the edges sometimes.  However, make no mistake, he is a darn good coach. There is something to say about him being the longest tenured coach in the SEC.  I am quite happy though, that we finally beat Andy and those turkeys!  Bruce is certainly getting a lot of payback this year...its not revenge, it's a reckoning.

At a certain time in the game, if visiting player misses both free throws, people can take their ticket stub by a participating location and get a free sandwich. They do the same promotion as USCe. I was at the game last year and Austin Wiley missed two. Place went nuts. We played very poorly that night so that was one of the high points of my evening entertainment plus I gave my stub to my wife so she got a sandwich a few days later :jossun:

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

I think you guys are imagining things. Was a simple handshake, they both said something to each other & kept walking. What do you expect them to do, hug and kiss at midcourt?

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

I think you guys are imagining things. Was a simple handshake, they both said something to each other & kept walking. What do you expect them to do, hug and kiss at midcourt?

calm down....what's with the smart a** comment?    Most games I see, the coaches do more than just walk by and shake hands.....BP does at least....I just asked question when I thought it looked different than with other games.   If you disagree...fine....

Archived